• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] The hardest things you've had to overcome as artists

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Have you guys had any walls that you've had to overcome as artists? Any struggles within your journey as an artist that has made you the person you are today?

lamePotato

DeviantArt - SimplyPixelizing
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 9, 2016
My own inner dialog telling me I'm not good enough and comparing myself to other artists.

This. This is it. That's the answer.

It's so hard to keep in mind that you're not the people you look up to.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
My own inner dialog telling me I'm not good enough and comparing myself to other artists.

This speaks to me on an emotional level ;-;

Think personally the hardest thing for me to overcome was starting out doing graphics with just photoshop elements. Lacking layer style and other advanced functions on photoshop really struck me hard when I couldn't improve without them.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I'm still struggling with this to be honest, but I have this inability to work on a single piece for longer than a day without losing interest in it. It's really hard to finish anything of substance when 6 hours is the maximum length of time I can work on it....

I also really struggle with colors o)-< It just doesn't come naturally to me like anatomy and other things like that do?? I need to do more studies I guess, but I hate.... coloring.........

Back