• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hexquisite Collaboration

Years
Well, I think it could work. The only thing we have to worry about it when two people claim hexagons at different times and that the hexagons are beside,ontop or under eachother and they'll sprite completely different things and they do not flow(Cilerba and Conan for example). A mistake I probably made was to not tell everyone to start at the edges. Hopefully it's not too late to start doing that?
Furthermore, Ark_Silvanos' contribution and claim is approved.
The Field:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Well, I think it could work. The only thing we have to worry about it when two people claim hexagons at different times and that the hexagons are beside,ontop or under eachother and they'll sprite completely different things and they do not flow(Cilerba and Conan for example). A mistake I probably made was to not tell everyone to start at the edges. Hopefully it's not too late to start doing that?
Furthermore, Ark_Silvanos' contribution and claim is approved.
The Field:
Spoiler:

To make it a little easier then, can I switch to #4? That way there won't be an issue.

Years
Of course.
Your claim has switched to Hexagon #4. and I thank you for changing. ;D
less work and worrying i have to do.
Spoiler:

Years
/sigh.
We should stop with the green backgrounds and stuff, just because there is green at the adjacent edges doesn't mean you'll need to use it as a floor. ): If this continues to happen, i'm going to start not approving entries similar to that and enforcing the rules and make limits.

Years
well i was going to refrain from claimng more tiles till my exams are over....but if v get 30 days, imma go ahead and claim #37.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
I have added some dirt paths to my tiles. Logiedan, are you happy now? Also, the paths are meant to lead to eventual colour change. As an example, which word looks more natural when the colours are changing? Word A: Word or word B: Word
I think Word A looks more natural when the colours are changing. Don't you?
So, the moral of the thing above: Eventual colour change>Sudden colour change.
Oh, and heres the new Hexcity!
attachment.php

Attachments

• even hexxier place.png
    even hexxier place.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I'm not to satisfied with this, but I'll submit it.
Spoiler:

I'll probably end up claiming another piece soon, but I have other things I need to do first.

Years
I have added some dirt paths to my tiles. Logiedan, are you happy now? Also, the paths are meant to lead to eventual colour change. As an example, which word looks more natural when the colours are changing? Word A: Word or word B: Word
I think Word A looks more natural when the colours are changing. Don't you?
So, the moral of the thing above: Eventual colour change>Sudden colour change.
Oh, and heres the new Hexcity!

ur completely misunderstanding him.
For 1 thing...its not a hex city. Its not meant to be like the iso city and it never was.

You're supposed to sprite your own thing. Not extend some1 else's piece and add stuff to it. Thats not innovative. The field is exactly like spherical_ice's....u've even added the same flowers...i mean c'mon...atleast be a little original.

See the thing is to kinda use the field to make ur piece fit, not to make a piece that fits the field. This collab was meant to kinda merge different styles and pieces together not for every1 to sprite like the first person who posted.

and i don't even know y u even said nething about color change... it has no relevance here. Just cuz Logiedan said there shouldn't be a green background doesn't mean he wants it to become a brown background, its supposed to become something else entirely.

I definitely would not want this thing to become a giant field of any color with stuff on it. There were already 3 pieces(including 1 of urs) that had a green background thing, is it really that hard to sprite something different?

Years
I'm all on Ark_Silvanos' side. And after that, i'm going to be enforcing the rules and going to raise my expectations more highly.
Some of you probably haven't read in the first post that the point to this collaboration is to use the adjacent edges and create something entirely different. Not a repeated grass and flower pattern.

So 'adding parts' to your piece doesn't make it any different. It should've been a completely different piece to start with. i'm reminding you all to look at the example again from Pixelation.

Back