• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hexquisite Collaboration

Years

Welcome to Pokécommunity's very own..

28bthdj.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to Pokécommunity's "Hexquisite Collaboration." If you haven't already, take a visit to Pokécommunity's Isometric City because this collaboration is similar to it. This is a fun collaboration to create whatever pixel art you would like onto the field and see how it'll blend with other pixel artists in Pokécommunity!

The Field

Mask:
Spoiler:

Field:
Spoiler:

Rules

All Pokécommunity rules and Pixel Art and Pixel Projects rules apply.

1. No stealing pixel art or sprites. Art theft will not be tolerated and will be dealt with, with upper staff.

[a id]rule2[/a id]2. You can claim as many spots you would like however you are expected to complete in 30 days or they are available and can be claimed by someone else. If you leave PC before contributing then your claim will be available.

You are allowed to sprite anything you would like and use as much colours you would like, i'm being generous. (Please don't abuse this rule)

4. Sprites containing explicit material will not be accepted. Other then that, you are allowed to sprite whatever you would like.

5. All contributions must be 100% scratch.

How It's Done

You probably don't understand how this is going to work, well to start off,

Claim a spot.
To claim a spot post in this thread and say what numbered hexagon you would like to claim from the field. Remember, you are expected to finish your claims (refer to Rule [alink id=rule2]#2[/alink id])

Spriting.
After you claimed your spot, post in this thread another time but this time with your completed sprite. When spriting, please sprite while using the given field.

Basically the main point to this collaboration is to use the little bits of the finished tiles around your unfinished tile and use them as your starting point.

Still Having Trouble?

Take a look at how Pixelation did it!
Here's a little tutorial on what you should be going for.

• Try to make it easy for the person who will claim a spot next to yours.
  • Don't sprite something where another person can't work anything from.

Claim List

Just to keep track and show who contributed to this collaboration

Spherical Ice's Claims:
1. Hexagon #23 - nov.13

dragonite149's Claims:
1. Hexagon #27 - nov.14
2. Hexagon #24 - nov.14

Conan Edogawa's Claims:
1. Hexagon #8 - nov.14

Cilerba's Claims:
1. Hexagon #15

The 100 Mega Shock's Claims:
1. Hexagon #30

Conclusion

Good luck with your spriting! If you're confused please ask any questions and I will answer your questions personally.

Other things to check out:

CSS by Spherical Ice

Last edited:
Years
Approved.
I'm glad someone started. Also going to mention that i'll be adding names for people who have contributed.
Spoiler:

Years
@Dragonite149
Approved
To carry on what Spherical Ice said, they can be in any style you would like so it's actually you're choice if you'd like to add in some isometric stuff. Added a new rule by the way.

Spoiler:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
@Dragonite149
Approved
To carry on what Spherical Ice said, they can be in any style you would like so it's actually you're choice if you'd like to add in some isometric stuff. Added a new rule by the way.

Spoiler:

I think it would be best for you to pick one style, or at least have one master palette that people must use. I'm a little skeptical as to how nicely a pokemon style piece would match with some of he pieces you posted as an example, but then again, it is a collaboration. I'd like to claim #8, if that's okay.

Years
Of course, approved
Also, I would pick one style or a limited palette but I think that's too advanced. I'd rather just let people have fun with this and pick what they'd like. But it'll be helpful if people use existing colours.
Spoiler:

Years
And Cilerbear gets 15.
Approved.
Spoiler:

Changed the 'under one month' rule to 30 days. So you have 30 days to finish your claim.

I hope you guys are working on them.

Years
I'm going to ask you to redo #24 please.
I'm sure many people wouldn't like it if the whole was just a long loop of a river. Some of you aren't remembering that you can change styles as well. Spherical Ice started a castle, it doesn't mean you have to do something related or similar. You could change it to an enormous alien for all I care. You can also change perspectives with 2D and 3D.
and on that note, i'll be claiming #16
Current Field:
Spoiler:

Years
well i have my doubts as to how this is going to turn out cuz every1 seems to be focussing their entire piece in the center of the hexagon... its going to be pretty hard to work of the already done tiles. But ah well....lets wait and see...

I'm going to go ahead and claim #7. well actually....i had already finished it before claiming :P....so instead of waiting for confirmation i'm just going to post my piece now....(hopefully it gets approved :P)

golemo.png

and with the field:-

map2z.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
except there's now three people who claimed hexes around the edge and three who claimed hexes connecting to the center

it's literally 50-50.

Years
nah dude... i meant like most of the pixel art is in the center of the individual hexagons, there isnt much more than a solid color at the edges... which doesnt give much for others to base the adjacent hexagons on.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Isn't the idea to hide the centers of the hexagons, only showing the edges, so that the individual pieces can flow from one to another without what is in each one being shown until the end?

Back