• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hunting of the Shinies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Tavil bolted through the forest. He maneuvered around trees as if he knew the location of every single one. He was moving at "Extreme Speed" a technique that he had learned over the years, and had served him well. Because of the sheer velocity of his movement, his vision was limited to directly in front. All his peripheral vision was being pulled behind him like a vacuum. To the untrained eye Tavil was only a beautiful golden glimmer in apearing only for a second, then vanishing.

Despite his ridiculous (quasi dangerous) speed, wich was still increasing Tavil showed no hesitance in his fiery eyes. No, this shiny Arcanine would not stop for anything. He would not let his treacherous pursuers find the satisfaction of holding his hide. He would not let it happen, not like it happened to his mom.

After minutes of running Tavil slid to a less than graceful stop. He knew his pursuers could not be near. He had at least ran a couple of miles while traveling at extreme speed. He hadn't found anything yet (human, pokemon or machine) that could best his speed when preforming that ability.

Tavil desperately looked around for shelter. He knew if he did not want to come encounter with the wicked men again he would surely have to find a good place to hide (or at least stay dry because storm clouds were coming in). His piercing red eyes beamed back and forth, scanning his surroundings for anything.

Finally he spotted a hollowed trunk on the other side of a clearing. He swiftly moved across the clearing, and strode toward the trunk in a cautious fashion. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, beside the fact that it was completely hollow. Wurmple larvae must of had feast thought Tavil to himself. After a few last sniffs, and inspections of the make-shift shelter he put one paw in.

"SNAP!" Searing pain shot up Tavil's front left leg. Nothing prepared him for that so he fell over in pain. He started to howl in agony.

Tavil decided to glance down to inspect the thing clamped on his foot. It was a small bear trap. They were usually used by poachers to trap Tediursa and small Ursarings. Tavil growled ferociously watching blood trickle down from his leg. He knew something was suspicious about the perfect hollowness of the tree. It was a trap created by the scum of the earth, poachers. Rain started to poor down on him everywhere except for his leg wich was still inside the trap shelter. Tavil kept growling to keep his mind of the searing pain, bu t couldn't help thinking of amputation........................................

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
Years
I wonder when anyone is going to notice me...

Volt sat up, only to have his poor tail stepped one by... A careless Kingler.

This DID NOT leave a good impression on Volt.

Volt turned to it and glared at him menacingly.

The Kingler apologized immediately, although Volt could have sworn he was smirking.

"Oh man, sorry about that. That's got to hurt. My name's Xylon. What's yours? Any thing I can do for that tail of yours?"

Volt decided that he needed to teach the ingnorant troublemaker a lesson or two... "For starters, you can get the heck out of my sight, or you'll regret crossing paths with me. I'll give you five seconds. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Still not gone? You asked for it..."

Since the Kingler was a water type, a simple Tundershock would probably hurt a bit.

Zzt.

To Volt's amazement, the Kingler stood there, unfazed. "This is pointless."

Volt turned away for a moment, noticing that Amber was crawling across the grssy plain.

He scampered up to her quickly.

"Where are you going? That Suicune told you to stay put, so she could get some food for you. Anyways, isn't that making your wound worse?"

As if Volt didn't exist, the Latias kept at it. Crawl, crawl, stop, rest. And so on.

Volt sighed, and sat down.

No one aknowedgles my existance...

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
From the corner of her eye, Amber saw a flash of electricity. It wasn't from the sky though, and was much smaller, so it couldn't be because of the storm. Mildly curious, she turned her head towards it. A Pikachu had just attacked a Kingler. Amazingly, despite the apparent use of an electric attack, the Kingler appeared to be unaffected.

Shaking it off, she continued to crawl. She smelled fresh water nearby. A river, maybe? Or just a pond?

The grass rustled behind her. She noticed that the Pikachu from earlier was running up. She liked the Pikachu evolution line, they were cute and cuddly. This one was probably curious of why she was dragging herself through a meadow. Well, she couldn't answer that question too well...

"Where are you going? That Suicune told you to stay put, so she could get some food for you. Anyways, isn't that making your wound worse?" The Pikachu's voice was a bit squeaky and tinny. Well, what did one expect from an electric rodent?

But Suicune? What Suicune? Amber didn't remember anything about a Suicune. They were Legendary, like herself, and so extremely rare. What would one be doing around here?

As she thought these things, she had continued to pull herself along the ground. Now she stopped, and craned her long neck around to look at the Pikachu. "What Suicune? What are you talking about?"

Raibutai

Years
As the Latias continued dragging herself across the ground, Volt assumed that he had been ignored once again. It wasn't until the Latias stopped when Volt realized that he had been noticed. "What Suicune? What are you talking about?"

I've been noticed for a change! YAY! Wait a second.. She doesn't remember the Suicune?

"What do you mean? The Suicune helped you escape, and even nursed you back to health! She even was nice enough to go gather food for you! I can't believe you forgot."

That is really odd. How in the world could you forget your savior?

Tapping his foot impatiently, Volt turned to the Kingler.

Still there? Hm.

Charging up a Tunderbolt, Volt let it loose.

Bzaat!

This time, the Kingler winced a bit, but it really didn't do anything.

"Wow, Xylon, you've got some pretty impressive defnese against electric attacks." Volt commented.

Now, I'll just wait and see what happens.

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
Years
OOC Thread is up, everyone!

I turned to find some food in the forest. I plunged deep into the trees just as rain started to pour down. I looked up at the dark sky. I stopped abruptly at a clearing of dirt.

The rain.

It masked all scents.

But were they there? Waiting with their guns, hoping to get me? Hoping to see my pelt on their wall or be traded for a million riches?

If I needed the food, it was in this clearing. It was filled with mushrooms and many tasty herbs.

"I'll go for only the mushrooms this time." I mumbled, taking a step forward. Nothing. Another step foreward. Nothing. Another, nothing. One more step until I reached all I needed. I took that step.

Click!

Out of instict, I leaped. In my place came a net. I grabbed a bundle of mushrooms, then leaped onto the tops of trees, and back to the meadow. Then there was growling.

I stopped on a thich canopy of trees, and leapt down, right in front of a growling, shiny Arcanine.

It was caught in a bear trap made to capture Usaring and Tediursa. This Pokemon was in danger. I set down the mushrooms and pried the trap open with a lot of difficulty, and gently grabbed his bleeding leg with my mouth and lifted it out of the rap, my paws holding the trap open. Then I gave him a shove out of the way with my back leg.

Then I let go over the trap, pringing back just as it went flying into the depths of the forest.

***​

Amber was pulling herself across the ground.

Before the two Ninetails could see it, a shiny Pikachu addressed the dillusional Pokemon. There was a Kingler that the Pikachu called 'Xylon', but the Pikachu's named hadnt been mentioned. Flash and Silver noticed, and came to the Latias' aid.

"Who are you?" Flash demanded.

"Are you fleeing from poachers too?" Silver asked, taking the nicer approach. Flash set a paw in front of the Latias' path, keeping her from moving. She also set a paw gently on Amber's back, so lightly that it could hardly be fekt.

"Stay put, Amber. Vanessa told you that you need to heal, which involves staying in one place. Dont go anywheres, unless you wish to be nothing but a pelt on a wall because of poachers." Flash said.

Last edited:

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
(OOC: It's spelled "delusional". Firefox spell-check FTW!)

"What do you mean? The Suicune helped you escape, and even nursed you back to health! She even was nice enough to go gather food for you! I can't believe you forgot," the Pikachu gabbed, tapping his foot on the ground as though Amber were a disobedient child, then turned around to face the Kingler. He glowed yellow for a second, and another zap of electricty struck the Kingler, who merely winced. The Pikachu commented on the Kingler's resiliance, but Amber wasn't listening too well. Her insides seemed to have just tied themselves into a knot, and it had nothing to do with that hole in her side.

Fighting back tiers, she curled her neck forward and closed her eyes. Why did she have to be so dependent on other Pokemon? Even a complete stranger was nice enough to bring her to this meadow (so she assumed), dress her wound, and go look for food. Why couldn't she do something for someone else for once? For that matter, why couldn't she just be able to take care of herself?

A soft rustle sounded in front of her. Amber opened her eyes, and saw that a paw from a Ninetales and planted itself in front of her face. Another touch, barely registering even against her sensitive feathers. The two Ninetales spoke, asking who the Pikachu was and whether he was running from poachers.

"Stay put, Amber. Vanessa told you that you need to heal, which involves staying in one place. Don't go anywhere, unless you wish to be nothing but a pelt on a wall because of poachers."

Why not? I'd be more helpful as decoration, Amber thought bitterly to herself. At least if I were a coat I could help keep someone warm.

Thunder boomed again overhead, and the rain started coming down hard. It was just as well, for it disguised the tears that streamed down from her eyes.

Raibutai

Years
Volt had been waiting for a while, and the Ninetails approached him.

One of them seemed nicer than the other, though.

"Who are you?" one of the Ninetails demanded.

Apparently the other noticed this, and attempted a nicer approach.

"Are you fleeing from poachers too?"

At last! Everyone's noticing me at the same time, though.

Turning her attention away from Volt, the meaner Ninetails spoke to the Latias, who was still, well, crawling across the floor.

"Stay put, Amber. Vanessa told you that you need to heal, which involves staying in one place. Don't go anywhere, unless you wish to be nothing but a pelt on a wall because of poachers."

Hm... If you look closely enough, the Latias seems to be crying... Why should she be? She's got really nice friends, and... Oh, I forgot... She doesn't have a brother anymore... That must hurt a lot...

Volt felt like crying, too, for Amber's lost brother, and apparently, family as well.

It was at that moment when Volt heard a loud rumble from the thunder nearby.

Ugh... I guess everyone here really doesn't feel very happy right now... I guess we can help each other?...

Years
OOC: I might post 1 or 2 times about my Character before I let Chris run into all of you. That way, I show HOW Chris met up with all of you or what Chris was doing BEFORE he met the Group. If anyone has a Problem, don't beat about the Bush. It doesn't need beating anymore, thank you very much.

IC: "Aww, No Fruit on this Tree either," complained the Disappointed Chikorita, looking up at the Large Tree.
"And I really could do with some shelter. I was told there would be Sun, not Rain and Thunder! I suppose I'll have to keep moving. No Hunter ever captured a moving Target. Whatever that means!"

With that, the Chikorita continued through the Woods.
"Name of Chris and no Shinies since that last Arbok I encountered. Poor thing had its Tail Jammed in a Trap," Chris muttered to himself as he proceeded. He had no Idea where he was going and be damned if he knew of any Resources.
"Not a single Fruit! How can this be? where is every--" Chris started, then stopped as he noticed a Small, but satisfying Apple nearly fully Hidden. With that, Chris sent a Single Razor Leaf to collect this small wonder. This small, Juicy, Reddish-Green piece of Goodness. The Apple plonked to the Ground and Chris gladly ate.

"Well, that's my Dinner. Last time I trust a Meditite to bring out my Endurance. Pushed me to the Brink of nothing but a Cheri Berry. I know I eat almost anything, but having something Spicy and nothing else for a whole day is somewhat paining. Well, at least I finished the Course. Oh here I am, talking to myself again with no one here to hear!". Mumbled Chris. "Well, I'd better get some sleep and keep searching for Civilisation or Pokélisation tomorrow. Ugh. I hope I'm not in the Middle of Nowhere...". With that, Chris found a Shady area under a batch of Trees so no Rain could pass and with that, attempted to sleep. For now.

:t152:

Last edited:

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
Years
Silver looked up expectantly at the darkened sky. Flash turned to the Pikachu again.

"I repeat. Who are you?" Flash asked, trying not to be as offensive. The rain began to pour down. It ran down Silver and Flash's silky coat with ease.

"Before we continue with our slightly unpleasant chat, we need to get out of the rain, but there's one problem; Amber needs to stay put." Silver commented.

***​

I turned my back on the shiny Arcanine, and sped off.

To my dismay, Amber had drug herself a distance, where I saw a shiny Pikachu conversing with Silver and Flash. I approached them just as rain began to pour out of the clouds.

I looked up and saw the bright flash of thuder zip across the black sky.

"Let's get you all out of the rain." I said, forming a bubble around us, that stretched pretty far, allowing us room to move. It sheltered us from the rain. Silver and Flash's combined heat that they were releasing caused the water in the bubble to evaporate.

Now, the bubble was warm and cozy.

I smiled, satisfied with our work.

Raibutai

Years
"I repeat. Who are you?" Flash asked, apparantly trying not to be as offensive.

Volt was about to answer, but Silver stated what was to be done.

"Before we continue with our slightly unpleasant chat, we need to get out of the rain, but there's one problem; Amber needs to stay put."

"True. We need to get out of the rain. Any ideas on how to get Amber out of the rain?"

His question was answered by a rustle of leaves, and the Suicune from a few minutes ago jumped into view.

"Let's get you all out of the rain." A bubble formed around the group, enclosing them in a warm and cozy sanctuary.

Wow! It's like magic! Well, enough of that. I really need to answer the question...

Volt finally decided to face the music and answer. "Hey everyone; I'm Volt a shiny Pikachu as you can tell, and I'm running from poachers, like you guys are, I guess. I recently took about a dozen to the magical world of unconsiousness." Volt said all of this while keeping a straight face. Then he grinned freely, waiting for a response.

Years
BANG!
The Sound of a Rifle Fire cracked through the Atmosphere. Chris jumped about 5-10 Feet.

"What in the name of Mewtwo?"

Then the Voices sounded:

"I heard it! Over here!"
"Don't get your hopes up, they're not always Shiny you know."

Chris knew whom they were hunting: Him! And they were unsure of Chris's appearance as well, judging by the Second Voice, a Gruff and Firm Voice, cold as Steel. With that, Chris took off instantly. He had no Reason to fight and the Grass was long enough to Tower over him.
"They know not who you are! They know not who you are!" Chris repeated to himself as he stealthily attempted to get out of Harm's way.

"It's this way!" Cried the First Voice, very excited.
Indeed, they knew where he was and were looking to bring him down. Chris ran and ran; occasionally looking back to check whether they were following him.

CRASH! Chris, not looking where he was going rammed head-first into a Tree Trunk with a dull thud and collapsed, unable to tell which Direction was which while the Hunters closed in. Chris shook his head and turned round in time to see the Hunters emerge: One of them was Average Sized, wearing a Hunter's Hat and wielding a Rifle. The Second was Taller and had a Blunderbuss (A type of Shotgun that fires Buckshot Fragments).
"Aww, it's only a Normal Chikorita," groaned the First Hunter,
"Told you not to get your hopes up" the second Hunter reminded him.
"Aww, whatever, we can still get a couple of 10s for this!" the first Hunter pointed out, raising his Rifle at Chris.
"It would be pointless to take this single pelt to the Underground, Phil" the second Hunter told him.
Chris continued to stare Phil down until...
"What do you mean by that?" Phil asked, turning his attention to the Second Hunter. Chris saw his Tiny window and grabbed an Ankle of each Hunter with a Vine and then pulled them off their feet. Phil's Rifle went off BANG, as Chris bolted away.

After clearing some good distance between the Hunters, Chris noticed he was Slightly Pained. He looked down...To see a Rifle Bullet just above his Claw. The Blood Loss wasn't great but it was enough to acquire Chris's attention. Fortunately, it wasn't trailing across the floor otherwise the Hunters would have detected it. But he wouldn't last forever, especially with a Bullet in its Leg. If he tried to pull it out with a Vine Whip or Razor Leaf, not only would it be very Painful, but it might Increase the flow of Blood. With that, Chris slightly Limped away from the Carnage he laid a Couple of Minutes ago. Backing away slowly, until something pulled him into a Bush.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
One of the Ninetails was talking to the Pikachu again. "I repeat. Who are you?" Amber watched as the rain streamed down their coats smoothly, although not as smoothly as they did her own feathers. Poachers were often surprised when she revealed that her species was as home in water as on land.

"Before we continue with our slightly unpleasant chat, we need to get out of the rain, but there's one problem; Amber needs to stay put," the other Ninetails said. Amber was about to say that she was fine, that she could move, when a beautiful Suicune jumped out of the bush. That must be the one, Amber thought.

"Let's get you all out of the rain," the Suicune, which Amber remembered the first Ninetails had called "Vanessa", said. And it promptly generated a massive bubble around them, deflecting the rain.

Amber eyed the bubble, her eyes wide. Suicune weren't called Legendary for nothing. She remembered doing something similar herself once, back in Hoenn. Creating a bubble underwater to help a drowning Taillow. One of the few things she was proud of doing. They were few and far inbetween.

"Hey everyone; I'm Volt a shiny Pikachu as you can tell, and I'm running from poachers, like you guys are, I guess. I recently took about a dozen to the magical world of unconsiousness." The Pikachu finished his short speech and grinned.

More like running into poachers, Amber thought of the line "running from poachers, like you guys are." How had those humans seen her anyways? Some new technology, perhaps.

"A dozen? You're tougher than you look," Amber commented softly, raising her head slightly off the ground to face Volt.

Raibutai

Years
Volt wondered if he had said the right thing when he gave his mini-speech, because everyone was looking at him as if he was a crazy maniac...

Ah, who cares. I really don't care much for first impressions, anyways. Now to get some food... I'm famished! I wonder if the Suicune would share... Nah, she wouldn't the food is for Amber only; she's injured.

Volt continued to argue with himself as the rain pounded on the 'magic' bubble.

Ah, I should stop thinking... it's just making me even more hungry.

Volt looked back up, and noticed Amber looking at the bubble.

Suddenly, she spoke to Volt, who was NOT expecting this.

"A dozen? You're tougher than you look," Amber mused.

Now, I really need to be modest here.

Volt stretched, and shook his head. "Not at all. It's only because my intense training and Volt Tackle that I'm here today... Even though I've suffered many wounds from that double-edged sword." (Which is, in fact, Volt Tackle.)

After a few minutes' silence, Volt voiced his concerns: his growling stomach. "Er... does anyone know where I can forage for food? Just wondering..."

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
My application!

Name: Kazam

Species: Mudkip

Appearance: Like other shiny Mudkip, Kazam is purple with a cream stomach and tail fin. He has a scar on his leg from an encounter with a poacher.

Personality: Kazam is normally positive, friendly, and likes to chat. However, he is becoming increasingly less talkative and much more serious. He will be more likely to think than speak, and tries to remain calm. He will always dislike humans, and can't stand the thought that there is a possibility that he could be caught by a trainer.

History: Kazam grew up in a large family, as the youngest child. He is the only shiny to ever have been in his family. His older brothers were already Marshtomp when he was just five years old. He was always kept back with his father when his mother and brothers went out for things. He always called it being "held back"; while his parents insisted it was for his protection. He was desperate to see the world, and so when he was ten, his parents finally gave in.

He was allowed to come along on a walk with his brothers and mother so he could get to know the area. After quite a while of walking, something very upsetting happened. During the walk, a bunch of poachers had ambushed them. Kazam's mother told him to run, but he couldn't. He wouldn't have made it out if his mother hadn't thrown a punch that knocked one of the poachers over. Unfortunately, he had been shot on his right front leg on his way out. His mother was killed, and he couldn't find his way back to the swamp where he lived. He wandered aimlessly, doing what he could to evade the poachers now he has done so for a year.

Shiny or normal: as previously stated, shiny.

RP sample: Um… I haven't done any other RPs before…

Edit: hmm... it appears that my history might not be long enough. I did it on Microsoft Word,so...

Last edited:

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
Years
Volt stretched, and shook his head. "Not at all. It's only because my intense training and Volt Tackle that I'm here today... Even though I've suffered many wounds from that double-edged sword."

"Intense training?" Amber giggled, but quickly stopped as pain shot into her lungs. She winced, and tried to slow her breathing. The pain faded away.

"Er... does anyone know where I can forage for food? Just wondering..." Volt said. Amber thought she might have heard his stomach growling. She glanced over to the pile of mushrooms and a few berries Vanessa had dropped onto the ground besides her. She was quite hungry herself, but really didn't want to be the first one to start eating. It wasn't polite, especially since she didn't gather the stuff.

She looked up at the Suicune. Had she eaten yet? And what about the Ninetales? She hadn't seen them eat either, and they must be hungry. "I don't know, I don't think I've ever been here before. Where are we?"

Raibutai

Years
"Intense training?" Amber giggled, .soon stopped, for a reason unknown to Volt,

"Er... does anyone know where I can forage for food? Just wondering..." Volt asked. He looked around, and noticed the pile of mushrooms.

So... hungry...too good to resist.... Volt began reaching for the food, but he stopped himself. His stomach growled again. "Aw, come on! I'm not that hungry!" Volt yelled at his belly. "Oh well, I'll go fetch some food for myself."

Volt scampered off, and noticed an apple tree. It was stuffed with apples, and that scared Volt.

It might be a poacher's trap.

Netherless, Volt used Thunderbolt to knock a few apples from the tree. He ran away quickly with the cooked fruit because he heard rustling from the bushes.

Running at full speed, the poachers weren't following him. He finally stopped next to the group, catching his breath.

"Huff...huff...I got...huff...some food." Volt sat down, and chowed down.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I would like to reserve a spot for a shiny rayquaza

Years
Chris started to shout out but a Voice hissed "Shhh!". Chris recognised that Voice at once: The Shiny Arbok he had helped some time ago.
"Arbok? What are you doing here?"
"This is Eterna Forest, you know. What I want to know is what are you doing here?" Questioned Arbok.
"I've been lost for some time now," replied Chris, a little relieved and Disheartened.
"Hmph! This place IS a Maze after all. I can point you in the right direction. However, more Poachers might find and chase you!"
"Thanks, but what about you, Arbok?" It was Chris's Turn to ask a Question.
"I'm going to hold off here for a while. Those Poachers will come back and after what you did to them, they'll have a Reason to Hunt you!"
"Alright, wish me Luck then!" Chris told Arbok as he headed out of the Bush.
"Just a Minute..." Arbok Started. It used its Tail to Grab Chris's Injured Leg and Stared at the Bullet in it.
"Oh that's not much concern," Chris assured him, Lightly.
"I think it is!" Arbok replied, "A Major Concern. They've hurt you and now they smell Blood, they'll attack harder this time!"
"So, what do you imply?"
"I have a Friend who might help. Oi! Caterpie!"
A Normal Caterpie Slithered down from a Tree Trunk and entered the Bush.
"Something wrong?" Asked the Caterpie,
"Yup! This Chikorita saved me from a Trap a Couple of Weeks ago, and is now Injured. You Boast about how you can patch up Wounds, so let's see it!"
"Erk! Erm, well..." Started the Caterpie.
"Something wrong?" Arbok asked, mimicking Caterpie,
"You know I don't like being Mimicked! Okay. Let's see what I can do..."

*5 Minutes Later*

"Thanks for the help, Caterpie," Chris thanked Caterpie, staring down at the Leg which had been Bandaged with a String Shot.
"My Pleasure!"
"How do you feel?" asked Arbok.
"Like a Bar of Gold!" Chris answered.

With that, Chris headed out the Bush right beside an Apple Tree chocked full with Apples. He'd seen a Flash of Lightning while Caterpie was Finishing off, but didn't want to Mention it. He checked about and noticed something hurrying off. Chris followed it and saw a Large Circle with small Coloured Dots inside. Chris hurried over. As he did so, he noticed his Quarry was a Shiny Pikachu, and in the Circle (Which seemed to be some sort of Bubble) was a Shiny Ninetales (2 of them!), a Shiny Kingler, Shiny Suicune and Shiny Latias (OOC: Forgive me if I missed anyone). But as he got closer, it looked like something was Wrong. He bolted to the Shinies as Fast as he could!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back