• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Illusion is Revealed

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    will the name change too? when i send it out with the 2nd pkm being shuckle, will it say "Trainer sent out shuckle!"?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    this would be pretty cool but I hope it isn't their only ability. It'd be cool to have a dual ability so it can learn something else.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Well its gonna do what it did in the video...it will fade from the transformation to Zoro and back again...Not sure how much but yeah

So you'll be able to see that it's Zoroark? OK, then the ability is a gimmick. Fun, but completely and utterly useless.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    will the name change too? when i send it out with the 2nd pkm being shuckle, will it say "Trainer sent out shuckle!"?

99% sure that it's like that.

It WAS shown in the video like that, right? (I think so, cant remember though)

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • this would be pretty cool but I hope it isn't their only ability. It'd be cool to have a dual ability so it can learn something else.

Eerrr, nope. Have you noticed Event/Legendary pokemon always are strict on abilities. Plus, you don't want that on an icon for the game. I think not

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    It will be overused in WiFi battles and everyone will hate it. It will be very difficult to know if someone is hacking when the type match-ups don't work.

A good idea in theory, but bad in this sense.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    how does it work again? do you send it out, then it transforms? because if so the only way it would work if your opponent isnt paying attention.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Wait, why is this not receiving more applause? I think it's both a great battle trick and a good reference to folklore. In terms of battle, you can not only confuse your opponent, but also buy time and strike your foe with a potentially game-changing attack. I can only anticipate antics with Gengar + Zoroark, since Zoroark is weak to Fighting and immune to Psychic while Gengar has it the opposite way -- Which path will your foe take when they see an angry ghost headed their way? Alternatively, you could send out Zoroark disguised as one of your Choice Specs users, causing your foe to send out a sponge, only to be knocked out by one of Zoroark's strong (hopefully; I see Zoroark as more of a physical attacker) physical attacks.

Of course, once you take an ounce of damage, your disguise won't work nearly as well, since your foe will see that your unharmed Pokemon somehow has only half its HP meter remaining, heh. .-.

In terms of folklore, I like the idea of a fox Pokemon shapeshifting to confuse foes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Ok, I've poked fun at Gen 5 since it came out. I don't like any of Gen 5 so far but this ability has got me intrigued. At first I thought it would be a broken ability but after hearing how you change back after being hit I think it'll be cool. It could definitely turn the tables in a battle.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    is it simply getting hit by a move, or does it have to be super effective?

i like the sound of this but i already know it will be WAYYY overused on wi-fi, especially random battles

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    This ability has great potential. I already see many ways to use it and I'm no pro :p

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • I guess if you go in with a strategy, it would be useful. Only problem is that I can see every trainer and their Growlithe using it *sigh*

Back