• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The intracacies of shipping for R/B/G and G/S/C. (Warning-Spoilers for early volumes)

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
  • So correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure I got it completely figured out.

Red is liked by Misty and Yellow. Yellow, for some reason, was afraid of Red figuring out she was a girl because she liked her?

Green and Silver have a brother sister love? Or, based on Silver's ridiculous reaction when Gold slapped Green in the ass, they actually do LOVE each other.

Crystal at least likes Gold.

Gold likes any hot girls.

Blue is just that guy who doesn't really care.

And I'm going to guess, based on the first few chaps of the R/S and the cliche of PokeSpecial, that Ruby and Sapphire are the next shipping focus.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • To keep things clear, Red's rival is known as Green and the girl as Blue.

About BluexSilver (also known as ChosenShipping) in my opinion, I think it is one-sided, from Silver's point of view. There's some hints going around that Blue likes Green (OldRivalShipping), and vice-versa, but I personally haven't seen any hint to that.

Everything else looks okay to me.

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    So correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure I got it completely figured out.

Red is liked by Misty and Yellow. Yellow, for some reason, was afraid of Red figuring out she was a girl because she liked her?

Green and Silver have a brother sister love? Or, based on Silver's ridiculous reaction when Gold slapped Green in the ass, they actually do LOVE each other.

Crystal at least likes Gold.

Gold likes any hot girls.

Blue is just that guy who doesn't really care.

And I'm going to guess, based on the first few chaps of the R/S and the cliche of PokeSpecial, that Ruby and Sapphire are the next shipping focus.

That's pretty much true XD It's pretty clear that Yellow & Misty have feelings for Red.

In the earlier chapters, it seemed like Red was attracted to Blue (the girl) but it turned out that they turn into really good friends (i don't really see the shipping XD)

I think Silver likes Blue (but it's still a mystery) but Blue sees Silver as a family member... but who knows it might go further than that.

Gold is attracted to any pretty girl basically XD But yeah he might have feelings for Crys.

Crystal pretty much seems to like Gold... it's still not 100% clear

Ruby and Sapphire ... well... it's pretty much OBVIOUS XD. Yeah they like each other (yey for canon~!)

Dia->Platina but who knows? She might like him too XD (I want twinleafshipping, rawr :D)

And Green?.... he's just ... there. LOL the closest thing he has to a hint is Blue. XD (it's not saying much actually :0) He gets annoyed with her more than anyone else & argues with her the most out of any female XD It might be a way Green shows affection... or maybe she's just interesting to him. Blue might like him, but not that many hints were shown. Only the *bing cute male in sighting* thing lol and the way she looked at him after >:D

i know all oldrivalshipping moments (gawd lalalagirl you're such a fangirl for it @_@). so basically here's my opinion....

RubyxSapphire~99.99999% chance of happening (YOU KNOW pokemon... it like doesn't support shippings XD)
    GoldxCrys~....hm.....60%?
    YellowxRed~looks like 70%
    MistyxRed~30% (nuu! I love this pairing @_@)
    SilverxBlue~35%
    DiaxPlatina~45%
    PearlxPlatina~40% (He never said he's crushing on her XD)
    GreenxBlue~40% Seems more possible than silverxblue based on the assumption of a brotherly-sisterly love...

that's just me guessing XD haha

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire ... well... it's pretty much OBVIOUS XD. Yeah they like each other (yey for canon~!)

lol havnt actually gotten there yet. only just strted the R/S arc. but I love both Sapphire and Runy's personalities. Every time Ruby talks or does anytin it just makes me laugh and Sapphire is just THAT cool.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • I'm sorry actually there isn't any proves for Crystal likes Gold, Red like Yellow and Blue likes Green. Blue and Silver are sister and brother to me. I don't know why everyone is very misunderstanding?

"Green and Silver have a brother sister love? Or, based on Silver's ridiculous reaction when Gold slapped Green in the ass, they actually do LOVE each other."

When Gold slapped Blue's ass, Silver punched Gold because Silver is fully respect to Blue. Silver thread Blue as his beloved sister. When a boy touches girl's boobs or ass, the girl can say the boy is a pervert. So Silver punched Gold... So don't simply judge them. Or your feelings are sensitive?

I have a bad feelings that they will say Emerald likes Crystal... If you they Emerald likes her, then it is totally false. Emerald see Crystal as the best one so that's why Emerald gets a Pokedex.

And it is confirm that Misty has a crush on Red. But it is unknown whether Red has a crush on Yellow or Misty. And weird thing is... Misty thought Red as a gay!?

Well in GSC Saga, in the flash back, Misty was about to talk to Red. When she turn to Red, she saw Red was chatting with Yellow with the computer then she is like... Jealous and ran away. And Yellow is still a 'boy' before the great battle in GSC starts. And Misty didnt know Yellow is a gal when she saw Red and Yellow are chatting...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I don't have much to say about shippings mainly because I do not support shippings in general. But I can say one thing about Blue and Silver. Blue tried to Teleport him away with Abra to protect him. Silver went to Ilex Forest to help Blue but was caught by Karen and Will. Silver and Blue fought Karen and Will to stop Pryce from controlling Celebi. There is a possibility that Blue loved Silver enough to keep him out of harm's way, also possible was Silver's love for Blue to help her through what both thought was dangerous.

Wallace Berlitz

Years
  • Teleporting Silver to a safe place is because Blue don't want Silver to face dangerous anymore. Silver has helped Blue much and Blue don't want to ask anymore because it will bring troubles to Silver. Since they both treated as brothers and sisters, of course, will you let your family get hurt? Silver and Blue don't have any relatives or families (Before Fire Red and Leaf Green), so Blue and Silver are treat each other as their "familiy" or "syblings". I believe Silver or Blue are just want to keep their family away from dangerous. As for me, I also won't let my families or friends go to dangerous places. How can you prove this is a "love"? Except you're meaning "Family love"?

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to agree with Wallace on the Silver/ Blue(or Green or wateva) on this one. If my brother was a going into a dangerous situation, I would definitely try to get him out. If my girlfriend was going into a dangerous situation, I would GET her out no matter what so... it could go either way.

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    ^ lol i would hate to be your sister XD (i'm just playing :D)

anyways, Wallace is actually right on with the shippings... all of the pairings are actually assumptions O_O except rubyxsapphire (again YEY for canon)

I think Emerald might have feelings for Crystal DX

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • There are some ships that are one-sided. The ones that aren't official, anyway.

You bring up very good points, Ryan, about Blue/Silver. I feel the exact same thing about them, as a sibling relationship. Silver may like Blue, which makes the 'ship one-sided, but I haven't seen anything coming from Blue to Silver, except a "protective older sister" relationship.

Emerald liking Crystal, that's natural to anyone who admires someone else above his age. I don't know if this will develop to a one-sided shipping like Silver and Blue.

The Ebon Blade said:
    how about Bill and Daisy? they seem to like each other. Or are they just co-workers?

Well, I don't know from Daisy's end, but Bill does indeed like her. lol, even Green pointed it out in FR/LG until Bill shushed him embarrassingly. Aren't they living at Bill's place?

Last edited:

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • And weird thing is... Misty thought Red as a gay!?

I do remember seeing that scene but I really dont think Misty thought Red was a gay. I really just think that Misty either knew that Yellow was a girl and had suspicions that Yellow liked Red, she might have known that Yellow was a girl and thought that Red did as well and thought they were hitting it off, or she might have thought that, even with Yellow's disguise, Red knew she was a girl and Misty knew that Yellow was a girl and already thought they were hitting it off. I REALLY don't think Misty ever thought Red was gay.

Wallace Berlitz

Years
  • Just like Coronis said. Daisy and Bill are like husband-wife styles. Daisy push the Tea Tray to Bill and most of the woman won't do that, except the woman who is married. And Bill got blushed when Green said "Why are you not with Daisy?" So Bill might like Daisy and Daisy might like Bill but that's not confirm. We can't sure about this.

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • And it is confirm that Misty has a crush on Red. But it is unknown whether Red has a crush on Yellow or Misty. And weird thing is... Misty thought Red as a gay!?
    I was laughing so hard when I saw that xD
    I think that Misty saw through Yellow's disguise and was jealous just like I think Crystal saw Yellow as a girl which is why she seemed so creeped out when she met her.
    I agree with the Silver/Blue theory that Wallace proposed. I think Silver has a little bit of a crush on Blue but mostly it's just brother/sister love. I know that if any guy slapped my butt(not that I think any guy in my area would do that) my brother would kick theirs.

By the way I really think Shippings just depend on how you interpret it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I agree with Blue/Silver. It seems one-sided, unfortunately. (I like this shipping. Dx)
    Well, I don't have a brother, but someone did touch/slap my butt once. Well, I gave him a bloody nose, so he probably won't bother me anymore. :)

Years
  • Poor Silver, he's singleT^T! And poor Emerald! He's single too!
    *looks at Emerald*
    Emerald: -runs away-
    Guess none of the shippings (besides Frantic, but duh!) are really confirmed.
    Guess they're confirmed when the characters confess.
    Or like some extremely, absolutly, very, very BIG, HUMONGOUS, TITANIC, shippy moment happens,
    Which is usually a kiss or a hug or holding hands or something like that...

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Poor Silver, he's singleT^T! And poor Emerald! He's single too!
    *looks at Emerald*
    Emerald: -runs away-
    Guess none of the shippings (besides Frantic, but duh!) are really confirmed.
    Guess they're confirmed when the characters confess.
    Or like some extremely, absolutly, very, very BIG, HUMONGOUS, TITANIC, shippy moment happens,
    Which is usually a kiss or a hug or holding hands or something like that...

I really thnk that a ship should be confirmed if there are enough hints. For example, technically its not confirmed that Misty likes and Red and Yellow likes Red but COME ON. It's so blatantly obvious!

Back