• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Johto Elite

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The renderrrs. ;_;

I dunno, I don't think they really fit in with the background. But maybe it's just their quality that's making me think that. :(

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeahh, it's totally awesome, aside from the render quality.

& The main thing that bugs me about that is the slight white outline around them.. makes it looks like they don't mix with the rest of the header as well. They need to fuse in with it better somehow. x_x Wish I could give tips, but there's a reason I stay away from layout making myself.. xD; -sigh-

You could try giving them an outer glow, or.. eh.. aaah I dunno. xD; Me thinks it's better if I don't try to help. /corner

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    you're calling it Yoink? :(

Looks nice, although I agree with the renders not fitting.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    For the renders, you could had a 3px stroke of a slightly lighter colour than the background so it blends in a bit and doesn't look so low quality.

All in all, good idea for a theme. We've been lacking in dark themes and it's good to see someone, apart from Gerri and I, trying it out too.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Whoahhh.. o_o This is looking awesome.

Interesting way to handle the render ordeal. XD

Can't wait to see what it looks like with the others added in.

I love the shadows that the text has, too.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Did I ever tell you that your styles are always so very sexy Jake?

I just love the color scheme, and I can't wait to come back and see what this looks like when Koga and Will are added into the banner. :D

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Can I recommend a + version with no gym leader art, and just that header background and the text?
    Might be sounding selfish, but I know a lot of people have been waiting a while for a nice dark theme, and many people like the pokelink themes & the route 167 theme for it's simple, artwork/picture free header.

Just a thought, looks awesome at the moment though.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I don't like the plain black border. Why don't you add a border-left and border-bottom values to the .alt1 and border-right and border-top .alt2 of the style?

Also, 960px fixed width version please?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    First off, I'm loving the concept of the style so far. But A few things are making me scratch my head. One would be the text-shadow, it looks really well in the container, but remember it's not gonna look so well on profiles with brighter user-customisations, it'll relate to their usernames as well as friends, last ten visitors etc. I think the background image would look better if it went the whole way down the sides rather than fading into the gray, but it might not, just a suggestion as the ackground is fairly dead and makes the theme somewhat dull. The main header is fantastic though, I love it. I look forward to seeing the buttons too.
    I also noticed as I was browsing with the theme you had a container bar fixed at the bottom of the screen (may be gone now) holding links, I for one was never a big fan of position:fixed container bars as I found them a tad annoying, so maybe if you had the option to swicth them off or something if you were going to implement it?
    As for the header, it might be nice to see some links in the space on the top left side much like the button quick links you did for Route 167.
    At any rate, the style is looking fanmtastic and I look forward to seeing it closer to release!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Whoahhh, Signomi drew those? Mann, kudos to her. ;; Awesome art.
    Header definitely looks better with those, then the official game art renders.

Man, I love dark themes. <3 I'll use this one foreverrr once it's out.

Zet

Years
    Whoahhh, Signomi drew those? Mann, kudos to her. ;; Awesome art.
    Header definitely looks better with those, then the official game art renders.

Man, I love dark themes. <3 I'll use this one foreverrr once it's out.

Second.

This will definitely be replacing Dimensional Rift.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Not that it matters, but in the credits you have "Layout © 2010 Delicious Rocket. Artwork by Signomi."

Having the linked portion kinda makes it look like a out-of-the-box theme, especially for someone who doesn't know who you are, Jake.

Very pretty theme though :)

(I never noticed before, but the "Loading" gif for AJAX has white borders... huh)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Not that it matters, but in the credits you have "Layout © 2010 Delicious Rocket. Artwork by Signomi."

Having the linked portion kinda makes it look like a out-of-the-box theme, especially for someone who doesn't know who you are, Jake.

Very pretty theme though :)

(I never noticed before, but the "Loading" gif for AJAX has white borders... huh)

that's also a big no-no.. and should be removed.
    art credit can go in the image, etc..

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Steve, your siggy looks awesome with the colors from this theme.

Anyways, I wet myself a little when I saw it. My new default for sure.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    This is easily the sexiest theme I've ever seen on PC. I can't wait for it to be out of beta, but I'm still using it =3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Steve, your siggy looks awesome with the colors from this theme.

I thought the same thing. XD

This is easily the sexiest theme I've ever seen on PC. I can't wait for it to be out of beta, but I'm still using it =3

I cry inside everytime I leave this thread, the layout goes back to my default. ;;

Also, is it just me, or did the postbit background color on this change from purple to blue? I could've swarn it was purple earlier, but it looks better blue.

Back