• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    For a prediction on the Latis: The return of Southern Island. This time both are seen in the same place at the same time. This will occur somewhere on your Hoenn Journey. Like the fossils, you can only choose one to capture, but this is because you'll be involved in a double battle, the one you knock out can't be captured while the other one can as you've done before when you teamed up. The one you defeated can't be captured ever again, so the remaining Lati must be traded. Which one will you choose?

If I ever have access to the Southern Island, I might pick again Latios(lol sweeper). I really hope I can get a Soul Dew(I don't know how,lol).

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

haha, we can't blame you. Most of us trying to draw the Latis at the first time are bizarre. O3O

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I really hope I can get a Soul Dew(I don't know how,lol).

Forgot about that...should it be a non event thing or a event thing?

Maybe it can be a hidden item on Southern Island that you need to use the Itemfinder in order to get it.

I mean if Palkia and Diaga can get theirs without event assistance after all...

(3rd Gen) Too bad its the SI Lati that you need to get in order to get the Dew.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Non-event. 'Cause most pokemon players have to travel distant places to get a piece of data. >.>

Ya, the Soul Dew can be a hidden item, like Rare Candies.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Hmm, true. Its a lot harder for those outside the States as well.

I have the feeling that the 5th Generation might have a big effect on the Latis metagame wise. Hopefully we'll be seeing some signs of it soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Yeah, a few of the changes could include, (At least my ideas on it and how they'll affect the Latis):

*Light Type and updated type chart - I think if Light was going to be Element 18, (17 is just too odd) many Pokemon would have some drastic changes (Lanturn, Gorebliss, Cresselia, ect.). The Latis would become Dragon/Light because of their Light Bending abilities and they use more Light in their Sig Attacks then anything. This of course will affect their strengths and weaknesses.

*Revised Stats - I got a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot more variation here. I'd say the Max IV Value would become 63 rather then 31, which means stats will be heavily effected. With that, Base Stats will change, most likely to be increased and will give more balance to the metagame, which will mean more variety. I don't know if it means that you can legally battle with a Lati tho...

*Attacks - Some of the attacks will have effects and power changed. As we know, the Latis don't exactly have the greatest Sig attacks, so they could get a major boost. They can also learn a new range of attacks that would be best suited to them (I still find it odd that Latias can learn Sucker Punch yet Latios can't)

Just a few ideas, that's all. I would like to see some ideas on the 5th gen soon now that the 4th gen is coming to a close. Although it might mean we'll have to start afresh due to the previous gens being unsuitable to be in the 5th gen.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Hey, before I'm going to battle my classmate(he's going for a good surprise! And in Wireless doubles), I need to clarify some things a bit. I never used Regigigas before in CB so here it is.

Regigigas lv. 100 with Leftovers
    Adamant(lucky I have this nature)
    EV's 4 HP/252 Def./252 Sp. Attack
    Slow Start

Movesets:
    Confuse Ray
    Thunderwave
    Giga Impact
    Zen Headbutt

Thunderwave-Confuse Ray combo are stalling moves, until five turns are up. Then I can use Giga Impact STAB. Zen Headbutt's for attacking within the 5 turns(especially if my classmate's have Gengar lol.) Trying to EV train def and sp. attack, and it turned out somewhat good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    If you're doing Doubles, I'd perfer to get that Slow Start Skill Swapped with something with a Strong Special Tank so that the Attack and Speed mean nothing to it and you can strike fast with 'Gigas. Its no good if its weaker than a Ariados!

Regigias is meant to be a King, give him the Power to strike thick and fast! Is that an Free for All Doubles Match, or a Legenday Doubles Match?

Ah yes, reminds me of a Lati on Lati Doubles action fight with different styles. Who would win? A Gung Ho pair of Lati Siblings (Latias used as a Sweeper(Commonly seen in 3rd gen battling) as well) or an Ultra D Pair of Lati Siblings (Latios also used as a Wall (Not used much, but is still very effective)as well as Latias)?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    If you haven't already collected TM48. Someone in Canalave City gives it you. Many useful Pokemon can learn it. Good examples are Gardervior and Cresselia, both don't have much attack and can afford to lose a little speed.

Still a little odd why the Latis can't learn it, yet all other Psychic Legendaries can...

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    If you haven't already collected TM48. Someone in Canalave City gives it you. Many useful Pokemon can learn it. Good examples are Gardervior and Cresselia, both don't have much attack and can afford to lose a little speed.

Still a little odd why the Latis can't learn it, yet all other Psychic Legendaries can...

I may be wrong, but can you not skill swap Levitate?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    While it can be done, another Pokemon must use Skill Swap in order to do it since the Latis can't learn the move in anyway. So no Wonder Guard for the Latis, although you can get Thick Fat from a Grumpig and get rid of that nasty Ice weakness that all dragons have.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Yeah, a few of the changes could include, (At least my ideas on it and how they'll affect the Latis):

*Light Type and updated type chart - I think if Light was going to be Element 18, (17 is just too odd) many Pokemon would have some drastic changes (Lanturn, Gorebliss, Cresselia, ect.). The Latis would become Dragon/Light because of their Light Bending abilities and they use more Light in their Sig Attacks then anything. This of course will affect their strengths and weaknesses.

*Revised Stats - I got a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot more variation here. I'd say the Max IV Value would become 63 rather then 31, which means stats will be heavily effected. With that, Base Stats will change, most likely to be increased and will give more balance to the metagame, which will mean more variety. I don't know if it means that you can legally battle with a Lati tho...

*Attacks - Some of the attacks will have effects and power changed. As we know, the Latis don't exactly have the greatest Sig attacks, so they could get a major boost. They can also learn a new range of attacks that would be best suited to them (I still find it odd that Latias can learn Sucker Punch yet Latios can't)

Just a few ideas, that's all. I would like to see some ideas on the 5th gen soon now that the 4th gen is coming to a close. Although it might mean we'll have to start afresh due to the previous gens being unsuitable to be in the 5th gen.

I'm not sure. I think with a few of those changes (like increasing the IV limit) would cause the same incompatibility dilemma that happened between Generation II and III. Because they rewrote much of the mechanics of the game, they couldn't implement a time machine-like system like they did for Gens I and II. I think the current setup is just fine, and I've long since been convinced by lurking on forums that a Light type is unneeded. ^^;

Though I agree that a revamp of Mist Ball and Luster Purge is definitely needed to make them even remotely useful.

Oh lord, you DON'T want to see my first attempt at Latias. It was gut-wrenching.

Well, what I just posted wasn't a first attempt. Not even I would post my first attempt! XD

Ah yes, reminds me of a Lati on Lati Doubles action fight with different styles. Who would win? A Gung Ho pair of Lati Siblings (Latias used as a Sweeper(Commonly seen in 3rd gen battling) as well) or an Ultra D Pair of Lati Siblings (Latios also used as a Wall (Not used much, but is still very effective)as well as Latias)?

Even in Gen III, weren't their roles better suited the other way around? I thought in the recent competitive battle scenes (well, mainly in doubles involving the Latis), Latias was most commonly a wall or a dual screener, while Latios did the sweeping.

While it can be done, another Pokemon must use Skill Swap in order to do it since the Latis can't learn the move in anyway. So no Wonder Guard for the Latis, although you can get Thick Fat from a Grumpig and get rid of that nasty Ice weakness that all dragons have.

It still surprises me how many dragons out there have a 4x weakness to ice. It seems to me more like a design flaw than a characteristic. Yet people consistently use the fact that the Latis don't have a 4x weakness as an argument to say they're uber. I don't think it's an exceptional quality of the Latis, I just think it's a significant weakness in other dragons. In fact, Garchomp pretty much needs that weakness since, without it (or while holding a Yache berry) people say that he's uber as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I'm not sure. I think with a few of those changes (like increasing the IV limit) would cause the same incompatibility dilemma that happened between Generation II and III. Because they rewrote much of the mechanics of the game, they couldn't implement a time machine-like system like they did for Gens I and II. I think the current setup is just fine, and I've long since been convinced by lurking on forums that a Light type is unneeded. ^^;.

Fair enough, I just think it should go to 18 with some changes to make things a little more balanced. Steels and Dragons are pretty much the things to have (The most commonly used Pokemon are all that!) while many would stay away from Poison and Ice. (As a defensive type)

Plus, some of the Pokemon that have Psychic don't really make much sense. With a Light type introduced, some of the moves can be altered to make them Light Moves and would add a bit more balance to the metagame, not to mention that some of those iffies can become a more suitable type and give even more variety, but that's just my opinion, I think there should be 18 and Light would be that addition.

Even in Gen III, weren't their roles better suited the other way around? I thought in the recent competitive battle scenes (well, mainly in doubles involving the Latis), Latias was most commonly a wall or a dual screener, while Latios did the sweeping.

More a singles thing because in Gen 3, there wasn't much that could be done to the Latis, which meant that Latias could be used as a second Sweeper that had more D to back up, giving her Tank status. While Latios could be used in the same way as Latias, there was no real reason to have another one and hence wasn't as used much. While it was better the other way around, the Sweeping Latias was used a lot as a backup.

The idea with a fully attacking Lati set vs a fully defending Lati set was just a thought on which would do better. I've never tried because it is rather hard to duplicate.

It still surprises me how many dragons out there have a 4x weakness to ice. It seems to me more like a design flaw than a characteristic. Yet people consistently use the fact that the Latis don't have a 4x weakness as an argument to say they're uber. I don't think it's an exceptional quality of the Latis, I just think it's a significant weakness in other dragons. In fact, Garchomp pretty much needs that weakness since, without it (or while holding a Yache berry) people say that he's uber as well.

I still don't think Garchomp is Uber anyway you look at it, it's just a tougher cookie to beat, thats all. I've never had any problems with a Yache Berry Chomp either.

The Latis themselves have plenty of other weaknesses anyway due to poor typing, but to be honest, I'm more scared of Sucker Punch then Ice Beam with a Lati. They're uber in the way that they've got an excessive amount of Spe Att and Spe Def while they still have the choice of what move to use. Really, they are Uber, banning the Soul Dew just because it makes them too powerful is a crappy excuse, you might as well ban the Thick Club, and while you're at it, Diaga's and Palkia's Orbs can be given the boot too.

There are Water Dragons, which I consider to be the second best typing in the metagame.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Unfortunately, I doubt that they'll be capturable in future games, if the games keep following the same formula, that is.

Except for FR/LG (which were remakes), I don't think any older-generation legendary could be caught in a newer game. This is me recalling off the top of my head, so feel free to correct me.

That's quite a good Latios for MS Paint, Gawain!

Before I got Photoshop, I had to do all of my drawings in Paint. And even when I did get Photoshop, I still had to do line art in paint because I wasn't good enough for other methods (either that or scan in line art).

As a not-so-special treat for everyone, here's a drawing I did back in August 2005. The lineart was done in Paint, and the coloring in Photoshop.

WARNING! THIS PICTURE IS REALLY OLD AND MAY BURN YOUR EYES FROM SHEER HORRIBLENESS!

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

OH GOD MY EYES WHAT IS THAT *dies*

KAI I AM SO GLAD YOU IMPROVED.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    The Latis themselves have plenty of other weaknesses anyway due to poor typing, but to be honest, I'm more scared of Sucker Punch then Ice Beam with a Lati. They're uber in the way that they've got an excessive amount of Spe Att and Spe Def while they still have the choice of what move to use. Really, they are Uber, banning the Soul Dew just because it makes them too powerful is a crappy excuse, you might as well ban the Thick Club, and while you're at it, Diaga's and Palkia's Orbs can be given the boot too.

There are Water Dragons, which I consider to be the second best typing in the metagame.

Didn't even got a Soul Dew from my last CB battle. Haha, the Lati's are already considered ubers, the thing that scares me most when I used 'em is their low def. One hit Choice band Double-edge or Sucker will kill em.

So the # 1 typing is Dark-Ghost type right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    ^That would be correct. I'm actually surprised Darkrai isn't one (I'm guessing they don't want him to be too uber. So uber that it makes him the best of all in fact.) Water/Ground is also a excellent combo to have. The only thing that annoys that is Grass Knot.

I don't think Banded Double Edge is that bad to be honest, but Sucker Punch in any form is bad news, but then again. Why would you want to even consider using the Choice Items unless you're using the trick setup? I myself perfer range, Cover all types and strike'em good! Combine good boosts and great recovery with Range and volia!

Course...I'm much better at UU and Uber levels then I am with the Maingame.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Okay, I have no clue about any of this battling stuff...

So I'll just post my first drawing since elementary school (as well as my first drawing of a Lati, and my first drawing done partly in Photoshop)
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

I think it's pretty good for a first-timer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back