• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Fanart tiem! (Warning: large-ish)

Spoiler:

It's a Latias pre-evolution. She's such a work in progress that I don't even have her named yet, not to mention that I'm still designing the rest of her. My major emphasis was on taking all the pointy edges of Latias and making them round. She's also primarily white, with a few red highlights (I think I'll add a few more once I have the overall design done).

Sorry for the white background...that's a failure to plan ahead on my part. I don't usually have open lineart like this, and it makes it really hard to change the background color.

Thanks to Kai for inspiring me to finally try the pen tool.

Mmmm. Lati pre-evos. :3 It looks good. And I see you utilized the pen tool very well! ;3

Haha.. I never knew I had an inspiring effect on people. xD

Just keep at 'im Maddy! If you faint, just reset so you don't have to keep wasting moneys on potions and stuff!

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Oooh, that's really good txteclipse ^-^
    And it reminds me I had one too

Spoiler:

I realize the bottom half is hideously messed up, but I don't have it as a psd. and probably couldn't be bothered to change it either. And what's the peculiar white dot at the bottom? xD

Bleah, I suck at drawing Latias/Latios

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Haha.. I never knew I had an inspiring effect on people. xD

The pic in your avatar was the convincing factor, actually. It so far outshined my hand drawn lineart that I had to try the pen tool.
    That looks interesting, txteclipse. I'll be interested in how it turns out.

Thank you, and the design is getting there. I'm pretty sure her body is going to be round instead of triangular, but I'm having trouble with the fore- and hind-claws. I can't really make them rounded, because they cease to resemble claws. I'll figure it out, though.

Oooh, that's really good txteclipse ^-^
    And it reminds me I had one too

Content hidden:
    Click here to view.

I realize the bottom half is hideously messed up, but I don't have it as a psd. and probably couldn't be bothered to change it either. And what's the peculiar white dot at the bottom? xD

Bleah, I suck at drawing Latias/Latios

Gracias. And no, you really don't. I actually think your shading and coloring are pretty good. You just need to work on your lineart some: try drawing Latias a bunch of times from different angles to improve your understanding of her form. It took me a long while to be able to draw her without looking at a source, and I'm still nowhere near perfect. To put it into perspective, I probably draw her on half of my homework (after it's been graded, mind you), and I have pages and pages dedicated to her in my sketchbook.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    If you lot are showing of works of art, so will I! This is my perfected sketches of the siblings, photographed it and posted. I actually copied pasted it from my other thread in "Art Gallery".

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Fanart tiem! (Warning: large-ish)

Spoiler:

It's a Latias pre-evolution. She's such a work in progress that I don't even have her named yet, not to mention that I'm still designing the rest of her. My major emphasis was on taking all the pointy edges of Latias and making them round. She's also primarily white, with a few red highlights (I think I'll add a few more once I have the overall design done).

Sorry for the white background...that's a failure to plan ahead on my part. I don't usually have open lineart like this, and it makes it really hard to change the background color.

Thanks to Kai for inspiring me to finally try the pen tool.

Uhh.... it looks quite nice... I think. But it looks kinda weird, like another Togetic evo. No offense mate.

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Uhh.... it looks quite nice... I think. But it looks kinda weird, like another Togetic evo. No offense mate.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's kind of difficult to avoid, as the Latis and Togetic look so similar anyways, but I'll see what I can do. Design phase FTW.

And nice inking you have there. Do I detect some kind of barrier type thing around her?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I see most people like Latias more than her bro. Is it her charm? Or cuteness? I prefer Latios' toughness and "cool-lookingness". About the barrier thing it's Safeguard, Latios' is Dragon Claw.

About the pre-evo Lati thing, more work and effort must be done.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    ^ Excellent work on that sketch work! Usually I'm a total nitpicky ass when it comes to correctly drawing the anatomy of Latios and Latias, but it looks to me like you have it down perfectly!

Any plans on coloring? Paint? Digital?

And yes, I prefer Latias over Latios because of her cuteness I suppose, and because I can draw her better. xD

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    ^ Excellent work on that sketch work! Usually I'm a total nitpicky ass when it comes to correctly drawing the anatomy of Latios and Latias, but it looks to me like you have it down perfectly!

Any plans on coloring? Paint? Digital?

And yes, I prefer Latias over Latios because of her cuteness I suppose, and because I can draw her better. xD

hehe, I'm planning on coloring it in Adobe. Maybe tomorrow.

And hey, do ever post on other threads aside here?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    And hey, do ever post on other threads aside here?

Haha xD Excellent question. And I do, just not much lately. I used to be very active in the gaming threads and the art gallery threads. School has been busier than ever lately. So I'm mainly here to make sure the fan club isn't abandoned (which is why this is v2.0 in the first place :0).

But I still do post in other threads though. And starting to play the games again after a break should get me more active. xD

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Wow, Gawain, that's what most people call absolutely adorable ^_^
    I love the perspective that you drew it from!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0
    Thank you, and because you love my works(so far), this is the Star Wars doodle of mine. The difference is the Star fighters, they ain't the one you seen on film. This will be the last art I'll post on this page. b( ")b

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    It's good, I like the perspective. But while we're uploading pictures here , please try to keep them Lati-related! ^^; btw I did stop by your thread on the art gallery forum, and you really have some good stuff!

I was doodling more at school today, and about a minute after I'd finished, it hit me in the face that I'd just drawn an anatomically perfect Latias (well, by my standards xD)! Needless to say, I was overjoyed, as that rarely happens. :3

Have a look?
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Pardon the faint lines you can see, it was drawn on lined paper, so I used the blue monochannel and desaturated, but you can still see remnants of the lines. xD

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Wow! That is good stuff! You can now doodle a perfect Latias I see. But how about her bro?

Haha, don't be silly! xD Everyone knows I can't draw Latios!

Ok, in all seriousness, I can draw Latios, but there's still a difference. Where I can draw a relatively good Latias first-try, it'll take me at least a half-dozen times before I end up with a Latios I like.

But I'll see if I can do one tonight. ;D

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Uhhhh.... To tell you the truth, those drawings are terrible. It looks like someone spilled ketchup over my rice and pretzels(not to mention blueberry pie). No offense mate.

Are you sure you drew those?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Heh, that's a pretty great Latias you've got there, Volta. Dare I ask how often you draw her?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back