• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Uhhhh.... To tell you the truth, those drawings are terrible. It looks like someone spilled ketchup over my rice and pretzels(not to mention blueberry pie). No offense mate.

Are you sure you drew those?

Well, I wouldn't be that blunt.. :0 Those were intended as like 15 min sketch requests for some peeps at dA. It's hard enough drawing anything with MS Paint *shudder*, let alone doing it in 15 minutes or so!

Besides, I still like the facial expressions she put in those. xD

Heh, that's a pretty great Latias you've got there, Volta. Dare I ask how often you draw her?

Um, I dunno. My dA says that she's what I draw most often. Let's just say that I draw Latias more often than most people would find comfortable! xD

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Uhhhh.... To tell you the truth, those drawings are terrible. It looks like someone spilled ketchup over my rice and pretzels(not to mention blueberry pie). No offense mate.

Yeah wow what? That's some quality constructive criticism. You'd get your post deleted if this were the fanfiction section.

My thoughts? They appear to be quick doodles, which is fine when it comes to their purpose. They're not meant to make a heavy artistic statement: they're meant to deliver a punchline. You have to discern the purpose of a piece, and then criticize accordingly.

That said, yes, Minku's quick-drawing skills would benefit from hand drawing, as would yours, mine, Volta's, and every artist's. Sorry for being so harsh, but what you said is a fantastic way to kill creative drive, and that's something I simply can't stand.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    :c well, it did kinda burst my bubble, but, neh. I could try and draw a super fantastic latias if you like. ;~;

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Well, there's a reason why this topic is here; to see Super Cute Latiases and the occasional super cool Latios. So draw away! lol

I thought that those drawings were alright for a quick doodle, although I must admit I'm no expert. I must also admit it does take a bit of time, commitment and more effort to fully justify a drawing of Latias, she just demands more it seems, one would just have to look at the pieces of her to know how much is needed.

Heh, Latios gets no love, he's just out there on the front lines letting loose a few moves and not saying a word at all.

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I agree with txteclipse. We should put this behind us now, but those kind of posts aren't tolerated here. I believe Rule #1 of the fan club and Rule #5 of PokéCommunity advise against doing so.

ANYways, with that hopefully out of the way, we can move on to lighter subject matters.

By popular request, I attempted another Latios. So twenty minutes later, here's a quick result! XD

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

This was drawn completely digitally, with no sketches or guidelines or references. But, like I said, this was about three complete restarts later. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Pretty good Latios there. If that's a quickie, I'd wonder what a full blown attempt would look like.

I'm always a little confused about Latios' eyes; are they violet, red or something weird in between? Because nearly every single artist has his eye colour as something different, where as in Latias' case, it's always has been Golden. I think even Sugimori's artwork of the eye colour seems to vary slightly, the game sprites don't help either.

I dunno, Latios' eyes just seems to vary heavily around that range.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I agree with txteclipse. We should put this behind us now, but those kind of posts aren't tolerated here. I believe Rule #1 of the fan club and Rule #5 of PokéCommunity advise against doing so.

ANYways, with that hopefully out of the way, we can move on to lighter subject matters.

By popular request, I attempted another Latios. So twenty minutes later, here's a quick result! XD

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

This was drawn completely digitally, with no sketches or guidelines or references. But, like I said, this was about three complete restarts later. XD

You really did a great job there. b( ")b But the only thing is the body is a bit out of proportion. And about the eyes, the color should be always red, yellow on shinies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Wow, incredible job. o_o; I like the decreased length of the wings too, if that's what you were aiming for.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    It's good, I like the perspective. But while we're uploading pictures here , please try to keep them Lati-related! ^^; btw I did stop by your thread on the art gallery forum, and you really have some good stuff!

I was doodling more at school today, and about a minute after I'd finished, it hit me in the face that I'd just drawn an anatomically perfect Latias (well, by my standards xD)! Needless to say, I was overjoyed, as that rarely happens. :3

Have a look?
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Pardon the faint lines you can see, it was drawn on lined paper, so I used the blue monochannel and desaturated, but you can still see remnants of the lines. xD

WAIT. I'VE BEEN DRAWING INNOCENT HANDS TOGETHER AS WELL. TWICE.

WHY YOU LITTLE

im trying to draw Volta now. AND FAILING MISERABLY.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Hrm, that one kinda reminds me of that one picture, where you first introduced Pairo. (the one with the two Latis flying in opposite directions in different universes or something)

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Wow, incredible job. o_o; I like the decreased length of the wings too, if that's what you were aiming for.

Actually, that's just the perspective. ^^; I suppose since more and more people are making that mistake, it's becoming more of my fault than theirs.

The wings really are intended to be of normal length, but they just look short because of the angle.

WAIT. I'VE BEEN DRAWING INNOCENT HANDS TOGETHER AS WELL. TWICE.

WHY YOU LITTLE

im trying to draw Volta now. AND FAILING MISERABLY.

DON'T BE SILLY, MADDY! YOU DON'T FAIL!

Well, except at NO U fights. :3

Hrm, that one kinda reminds me of that one picture, where you first introduced Pairo. (the one with the two Latis flying in opposite directions in different universes or something)

Well I suppose there is a subtle similarity! xD I guess that further proves how sucky I am with Latios. I suppose I'll be creative with him soon enough. xP

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Getting creative? That'll be interesting one...I've always pictured a Killer Latios, you know, the one that will say "I'm gonna kill you in your sleep!" Something like an assassin Latios, because let's face it, there have been many signs suggesting that he's some sort of ninja/assassin (Eon Veil in PMD2, ability to turn invisible, strong combination of Special Attack and Speed, ect.)

Just thought I'd give you an idea...

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Not always... I always pictured Latios as an overprotective pokemon who watches over something while in cloak mode.

Latias' feet? It's easy, just attach 2 long trapezoids on the side base. And draw a zigzag pattern on the bases of the trapezoids. Easy.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    Yes, it's the zig-zag pattern that's the problem. It's different among different artists. Some have the center one longer, some not, some have them all at different angles, some don't...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back