• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    You're really leaving? D: These days lots of members vanish from the forum. I don't like that. T_T

I'm gonna play with Dark... anyone against it that I'm giving him the Triforce of Darkness? =O
    Plot... plot... plot... plot...
    What do you mean with something completely different, Dara? Do you think it still needs to contain the typical Zelda things? Or just throw everything away?

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Hello all. I am sorry to say that I am quitting PC and since I am a Co-Owner, giving up my position. I would prefer the new Co-Owner to be Mudkipblader since she is probably the most active other member. On a lighter note I am getting Mario Kart Wii tommorow.

Aww. I thought you were a cool member. Oh well. Good bye. ;; We'll miss yeeew~

@ Mudkipblader: Well liiike, not necessarily. Instead of the typical "Ganondorf is going to rule Hyrule thing", we need something more than just that. We cans stay with the guidelines of Zelda, but nothing too cliche`. I'm not making much sense. ._.;

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    Bye bye HOTL^3 we will miss you. on a lighter note, Yay for Mudkip! *claps* on a diffrent kind of note, What will we do about the plot.. let's start with the basics shall we....

Place: Hyrule (duh)

Time: (we need that)

King: (Don't know why but for some reson that's always important)

Hero(s): Us. (XD)

Evil:
    (Who's gonna be our bad guy?)

Peril: (What does the bad guy wish to do?)

After that.. we just need to know if Zelda will play a large role or not.. or if possibly the one we answer to is Link... hmmm

~JBCBlank

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    What's a Triforce of Darkness? O_o

I haven't really be following this RP too closely, but here's my two cents:

It'd probably be best to take place in an alternate reality so to speak. Not like Termina. I mean...during an unexplored time in the series. I don't think you're going to have anyone play Link, Zelda, and Ganon are you? Having someone in charge of three, possibly creating scenarios, and maintaining the order of RP would make the most sense.

Take for instance, the time during which Link's Awakening takes place. Link is out of the picture. He's off in Koholint (and possible Labrynna and Holodrum depending on how you view the timeline). Hyrule is left without their hero. The brotherhood of underworld monsters is trying to revive their Dark Lord, Ganon. Hyrule is in a renaissance.

There's plenty to play with between that time and the time of the original two games - where Hyrule is barren and dry. Hyrule is rising, only to fall. Ganon has fallen, only to be revived. His attempt of creation a Dark World has failed. His minions remain. Link is elsewhere, leaving all the RPers with the chance to be heros. Knights, Sages, Maidens, Royalty. The Triforce is united at this point and Hyrule is prosperous. At some point between ALttP and the original LoZ, the Triforce is split up once again - a wonderful time period for you guys to explore.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I had never thought of that. Link hadn't been to Hyrule in quite some time. His adventures in Seasons & Ages leaves us wide open for some great topics, even leading up to Wind Waker. Maybe they had to save Zelda from the carnage, in order to preserve the royal Bloodline. Or perhapsA hero tries

I had never thought of that. Link hadn't been to Hyrule in quite some time. His adventures in Seasons & Ages leaves us wide open for some great topics, even leading up to Wind Waker. Maybe they had to save Zelda from the carnage, in order to preserve the royal Bloodline. Or perhapsA hero tries to stop Ganon, and suceeds in only delaying the inevitable.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    His adventures in Seasons & Ages leaves us wide open for some great topics, even leading up to Wind Waker.

The only downside going with a plot related so closely to the actual Zelda continuity is that we're going to have to agree on a timeline. Or at the very least, outline something vague enough to fit the context.

I mention this because, in my view, TWW would come before ALttP (and thusly before OoS/OoA and LA), or in the other half of split timeline.

So, I think we need to come up something. The benefit of using the era between ALttP and LoZ, is that that time period is open to interpretation. Story was flat back then and we had comics and cartoon shows to bring the world to life. I think, if there's any time period you can take liberties with, it is then. But, what transpires beforehand and afterward, chronologically, will be up for debate. :\[/font]

sims796

Years
    More confusing than why barrels explode when shot.

Why would WW come before a Link to the Past? Genuinely confuzzuled.

As for being up to debate, it leaves open so much creativity it's not even funny.

I just can't see why they wouldn't allow Twilight into the main storyline. It fits so well.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    How not?

If ALttP is in the adult timeline. I haven't figured that out yet. If it's in the child timeline (meaning, it follows TP - as TP and TWW take place in parallel), then there wouldn't be an issue.

The biggest hurdle, and my guess for your confusion is that Hyrule remains flooded at the end of TWW. PH shows us that there is land and life beyond the Great Sea.

The geographical similarities between "Old Hyrule" (being OoT, TP, and the Great Sea) are stronger and perhaps more intentional than in comparison with the older games.

In the official artwork for AoL, Hyrule is sounded by water. It's sort of...flooded a bit. Parts are submerged - like a bunch of little island. Just like FSA. A geographical comparison between Hyrule in ALttP and Holodrum and Labrynna, show that those two lands border the east and west of Hyrule - in my opinion. With the area of Telus in FS, further supporting that argument if we take the area found in FS to be the backside of the Death Mountain Area.

Labrynna suffered a flood it's in past. It has recovered in the 300-something years since. If I remember correctly. If we take it to connect with ALttP and LA (The ship Link is in is identical in LA and the Oracles), we have reason to believe that ALttP takes place after TWW and after the flood. Especially given Hyrule appearance in FSA compared with ALttP.

ALttP/LoZ/AoL/FSA all feature the same Hyrule - but it's a different Hyrule from OoT/TP/TMC/TWW. A new land as hinted by the King of Red Lions.

My thoughts. :x Which I need to develop further.

sims796

Years
    Ah, I thought WW would be at the end of the timeline. I know the Links are connected through bloodline, so I thought that this was the end result of Link's past absences, due to his other adventures which left Hyrule vurnerable.

You'd think they would have some sort of town defense to defend against these sort of things, huh?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    There's a blood line, but it's not really...important I guess.

There's a blood line between OoT and ALttP's Links. But, TWW's Link isn't related to either. Nor is TP's I think. And, like TP's Link - the original LoZ featured a Link that wasn't even from Hyrule proper. :x

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    I on the other hand... think that it would be best to keep Ganon and Link out of the picuter until late ron in the Rp, like maybe we hear of them being around but we never see or interact with them.

~JBCBlank

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was sort of alluding to that. I guess I didn't convey it properly.

With Link in some other land and Ganon "destroyed", that would fulfill your idea.

---

And, probably. Especially with the newer games. Since Eiji said he wants to bring some unity to the series... it's hard to decipher what's deliberate and what is just a fun little bonus. Like the words "Triumph Forks" written on a book in the library in TMC. Something deliberate? Or just a fun little throwback to TWW?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Wow, Triforce89, you sure have thought it out well. =O You can remember very miniscule details. :O
    But thanks to that abbility of yours, you gave us indeed quite a nice time to let our rp take place. Link doesn't actually need to be there to make it a Zelda RP... Zelda being a part of the royal family, is enough...
    If Hyrule has indeed become a very prosperous country, that could explain the rise of new cities/villages that we could import in this world of Hyrule. We don't have to follow the actual timeline, do we?

Oh, and the Triforce of Darkness is something others and I came up with. You know the upside down triangle? Although it's not visible, it contains the Dark power of the Triforce (which would then be the Tetraforce, but as they cannot see it, it remains the Triforce). It brings out the dark side of the bearer. :3 But only if he/she cannot control him/herself animore... Like if they completely lose it. XD

Could give space for a bad guy. xD But not for ever. >(

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Sorry I've been gone. Science project due soon and I have a partner who does nothing.

So what's going on with the RP, have we come up with a plot or something yet?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Wow, I've been away from here for like...ever. XD

And now I hear of an RP, eh? Interesting....sign me up whenever it's ready. ^^

Puflwiz

It is time you are died
    Years
    yo wuts up.!!! sorry ive been gone for a while. I know u guys are on a different subject right now but i need help. I just got OoT for the virtual console and im stuck in the zora place. Im there but i dont know what to do. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pm me

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Wow. o.o So many posts to read. Bleh. We need the plot now. I like everyone's little timeline idea thing. I enjoyed reading Trifarcy's explanations. 83

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back