• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Ah, so you're dubbing the forth triangle the Triforce of Darkness, eh?

Let's think about this.

There are Goddesses and Triforce pieces of Power, Wisdom, and Courage.

It'd make sense, for a fourth Triforce to relate to a Goddess. But who?

I never heard of a Goddess of Darkness, but in MM, Princess Zelda refers to a Goddess of Time. In PH, Ciela is revealed to be the spirit of both Courage and Time. Hinting at some connection between Farore and whoever this mysterious other goddess may be - if she exists. The Desert Colossus is also referred to by Sheik as the Goddess of Sand.

Ganon is the King of Darkness, so having a Goddess of Darkness may be redundant. But, up to you. Goddess of Shadow? Goddess of Twilight?

Another possibility? The Oracles. Din, Nayru, and Farore. Named after the Golden Goddesses. So,

Din = Seasons = Power
    Nayru = Ages = Wisdom
    Farore = Secrets = Courage

Zelda then reveals herself to be the Oracle of Hope. A fourth Oracle. So, is there a fourth Goddess? Is she named Zelda?

Zelda = Hope = Time?

Or not. Because there is the spirit Ordona. And that name must relate somehow to the goddess. Eldin, Lanayru, Faron.

In Ocarina of Time, Zelda is also revealed to be a Sage. Given that all the Sages are the "Sage of (something that relates to a temple)", Zelda could be the Sage of Time given that Temple of Time is the only temple without a known Sage.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Yeah, ya lost me at "Tri".

I think your reffering to a hidden Goddess, maybe a Goddess of Chaos? It is her who decides when such evil events arise, countering the Goddess of Hope, which is Zelda, I think. It was all according to her whim whom to crown the crown of evil, and it is time for someone to arise and change the very destiny of the world itself.

I dunno, I'm just throwing crap around.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Geez, Trifoce89, you really are amazing when it comes to Zelda details. D: I hadn't even noticed the goddesses where in the region's names. ^^" It's so obvious, yet... *slaps herself*

Hm, about that fourth Triforce piece... I don't relate it to anything good/light, you know, as it's upside down... unlike the other golden pieces that point towards the heavens where the pure goddesses live. =O But as you mentioned the name Triforce of Twilight, I was thinking of a fourth Twilight Goddess who created the Twilight Realm (don't hit me if it was created otherwise)... As Din, Farore and Nayru created the Light world of Hyrule, she created the Twilight Realm. In order to keep the world balanced.. (or something like that). As Twilight is the time when Darkness and Light are present, it would mean that it's not entirely bad... and that could link to my previous thought of that piece being able to turn its wielder Dark or Light...

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Aaactually, I've heard it was speculated that Fierce Deity Link was the goddess (sounds strange huh) of the fourth Triforce piece or the "Tetraforce". If I can find the article again, I can show you guys it.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    But isn't the FDL just a result of Majora's power? =O I haven't completed the game yet, but doesn't Link receive the FD mask from that Skullkid? =I

But anyways, we can still add things, as it is our RP, not Nintendo's. xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Twilight would be the absence of light, yes. In contrast with darkness, which is just darkness.

I like to think of the Twilight Realm as the "realm between dimensions" spoken of by Ganondorf in OoT. Phantom Ganon is banished there. I think it fits. It's not quite the Light World and not quite the Dark World.

Very little is revealed in the games and the manga about the Fierce Diety.

I think we would have to add/create stuff, plot devices, scenarios, etc. I just don't think we should change anything that already exists and is true - unless it's a "what if?" scenario.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    If you keep true to the what already exists, it'll be hard to keep up to date with all the details. *_*"
    But anyways, I'm still thinking about your idea with the florishing Hyrule which give Darkness the time to rise...

Last edited:

Puflwiz

It is time you are died
    Years
    Ummmmm....Hi....U notice that all Zelda fan stories incude a fourth tri-force piece?

And no one PM me yet :-(
    Im writing this from my Wii its so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Oh, but I thought JBC was going to PM you. =O
    She said so a while ago... =o

And they do? I haven't yet noticed that.. but then again, I haven't read many zelda fics. XD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I have even seen essays trying to debunk the fourth Triforce piece theory =O

But it's a really good idea for a FF/RP

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    I never said I was gonna do it, I asked if someone had. Mostly because I didn't want to add to any PM bambartment. <<that is spelt wrong....

Anyhoooooooo...

I was readin' and I had an idea, my freaky little brain said, "How about the Rp be about undiscovered peices of the -Force, (we can't say triforce if there are more then three peices.) depending on how many want to Rp we put the number that goes there.... hm... it would get complicated but if everyone had a difrent peice of the -force, and the base of the story is to get the peices together with the known triforce in order to... save the world some how.

~JBCBlank

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Sure we can. Lots of people call things by contradictory names nowadays, especially in Nintendo. If it's our own RP without any real relation to the story, then it's fair game. But if it's in correlation to Nintendo's timeline, I don't think we should rename it.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    Tru dat... hm... we really need to brain storm this... I sugest a full out Plot should be made by...... Tri you put a base for it becuase you're the awesomeness... then when that done then I'll add the meat, and then Mudkip you will correct everything I did wrong..... wich there will be alot of. Then.... everyone else says if they like it or no... so I sujest... Tri you send a base to me via PM and then I add stuff then I send it to Mudkip, then... Mud you send it to Dara... who says hm... I do/n't like. then depending on the outcome Dara posts it......

could anyone fallow that train of thought?

~JBCBlank

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Yes, and I agree with it. :3 If that's the quickest way to start rp'ing. =3
    We just need to make sure the Triforce won't be overforced. D=

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Woah, huh?

I didn't volunteer for that. Creative writing isn't my speciality. I can give you ideas and timeframe (and I already have). I can check over whatever you come up to see if there's anything in the series that I can relate it too to make it seem more real. But, I'm not writing the story. :c

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Okies. :D Well, it's up to you anyways what you want to do. And your knowledge of the Zelda universe is far greater than anyone of this club.. (I think so).

Maybe it would help if everyone posted his/her idea(s) in short. Then JBC or someone else can try to come up with something?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Sure we can. Lots of people call things by contradictory names nowadays, especially in Nintendo. If it's our own RP without any real relation to the story, then it's fair game. But if it's in correlation to Nintendo's timeline, I don't think we should rename it.
    I've been translating the names of every Zelda enemy from Japanese into English. You have no idea how many names Nintendo has messed up in translation. It's not a big deal if the name is completely new - it worked for Pokemon. But when you switch the names of enemies? That's bad. Or give the enemy different names throughout the series? Or completely change the name of something so that it losses it's relation to another enemy. Bleh. It's a pain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back