• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Liberty Pass is here! [Victini Event]

Have you caught Victini?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 46 78.0%
  • No, I haven't

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I don't want a Victini

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    Sorry guys, I'm an Event no0b, so how does this work exactly? do i go to the store i bought the game at and do something? or is this only for people with internet on there ds?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So how does it work? Do you have to access some kind of website with the wireless internet switched on?

Sorry guys, I'm an Event no0b, so how does this work exactly? do i go to the store i bought the game at and do something? or is this only for people with internet on there ds?

Okay, only Australia has Toys R Us as a distribution store iirc, so that's only an option if you're Australian. An easier way is if you have a router at home - just go to Mystery Gift (it's enabled after you get the PokeDex) on the main menu, select get from wifi which'll download the event from the Internet. Warning though, if you have a WPA connection and you don't have a DSi, then it won't work. However if you have a WEP connection, it'll work fine.

But if you are going to a store, then go to one of the distribution stores, turn the game on and do like I said for mystery gift, but instead select get from wireless instead of get from wifi (since it's local) and you should be able to get Victini when it comes out.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Is it going to be available at Game Stop? Because I can't get my wifi router to work :x

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
    Okay, only Australia has Toys R Us as a distribution store iirc, so that's only an option if you're Australian. An easier way is if you have a router at home - just go to Mystery Gift (it's enabled after you get the PokeDex) on the main menu, select get from wifi which'll download the event from the Internet. Warning though, if you have a WPA connection and you don't have a DSi, then it won't work. However if you have a WEP connection, it'll work fine.

But if you are going to a store, then go to one of the distribution stores, turn the game on and do like I said for mystery gift, but instead select get from wireless instead of get from wifi (since it's local) and you should be able to get Victini when it comes out.

Yes, I want the Victini! Heck, only reason I pre-ordered really. Anyways, when I try to get Wi-Fi events, I try to set up the connection but it says:
    SECURITY SETTINGS NOT SUPPORTED BY NINTENDO.

How do I fix this annoying little blip?
    I am so going to name my Victini "Vicky" or "Vickster" for some odd reason...

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    May I ask why it needs to be a DSi? What's the difference between that and an ordinary DS? So if you don't have a DSi, you can't get event pokemon?

Years
    So basically the day B/W comes out, I assume I can download stuff correct?

Victini sounds nice, though it's kinda retarded that you can't get it's wonderful shiny nor breed it...damn Nintendo what am I supposed to do?

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
    It's going to be amazing! I'm going to try and download it as quick as I can as I love Victino. It's so adorable and would be a great addition to my team (especially during the beginning of the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'll download the event as soon as I get the games and get my permanent files started (which probably won't be until mid to late March, sadly). I'm glad this one is available over wifi, especially after all of the recent in-store events that I've been unable to attend.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I'll download it just to have it, but I doubt I'll be using it. I don't like to use legendaries in my team.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    No, you don't need to. Just use Wi-Fi and it'll work fine, unless you have a WPA-connection. Then you need a DSi. (or XL)

What exactly is WPA-connection and how do you know if you have it? *has no clue about wifi*

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    No, you don't need to. Just use Wi-Fi and it'll work fine, unless you have a WPA-connection. Then you need a DSi. (or XL)

Not true, I have WPA and neither DS lite or DSi connect to it...stupid Nintendo.

Ah wait, turns out it can...you just can't play games online using it.

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    What exactly is WPA-connection and how do you know if you have it? *has no clue about wifi*

google it.

Not true, I have WPA and neither DS lite or DSi connect to it...stupid Nintendo.

Ah wait, turns out it can...you just can't play games online using it.

WPA only works with Pokémon Black & White. Maybe future games.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I cant wait to get it, for me personally i wont use victiny on my team in the begining because it kinda feels like cheating

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Well, more towards what pokewalker said (I don't know what WPA means, but I know how to check if you have it). You can only have WPA if you have a router. Go to the little symbol that connects you to the Internet on either your laptop or computer. Right click and go into properties, it should show the encryption type. It probably does too on the DS, but I dunno how to check that. If you have any other questions about how to check whether you have it or not (and google fails you?) then you can send me a VM or PM and I'll explain in more detail how to check.

Anyway guys, just go fully back to Victini rather than discuss Wifi on B/W. As for the post below, I probably won't use it straight away, and instead use it later on. :)

Back