• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Like Button

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • I haven't been here for... idk how long, so I only just discovered it.

I guess I will start to use the like button, but it only makes me wish there was a dislike button.

Years
  • I love the Like Button, and I tend to use it on a post I heavily approve of.

On Facebook not so much but on PC I use it very often.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Meh, I guess I like when somebody enjoys my post enough to like it, but it's honestly not some spectacular godsend to me.

If I think your post was funny, intelligent, or relatable then i'll like it.
    Otherwise I will as an acknowledgement for if somebody was speaking to me and I didn't have the time to properly reply.

Years
  • After being indifferent to it when it came out, I've grown to personally enjoy the
    furretwhyuhavethumb.gif
    system. It's nice to see some of my posts get them, but I moreso prefer them in that if I see a post that has been liked, chances are it's a quality post that's worth my time to read.

As for using it myself, when the feature first rolled out I didn't click like all that often, but have tried using it a little more as of late, especially if it's something that I agree with (or if it's something that I just, well, liked).

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Personally I don't really care for it. It sometimes feels like too much Facebook/Social Media feature creep to me. So unless I totally can't scrape together 4 words and 25 characters, that are on topic, to contribute to the conversation at the immediate moment, I avoid clicking the like button if I can say something productive and positive instead and keep with the topic.

Sometimes I would just rather post something complimenting the post and then find myself forced to think of something on topic to say, even if it isn't much rather than just Liking the post. So I reserve my likes for high quality posts that I can't really reply to without it being considered spam, off-topic or otherwise too short. I do this because that's the intention I believe the system has. It's some feedback you can give if there's not much you can say.

Post comments are good, but they're private, so they're really only good for a quick little minor neutral or helpful critique, or saying something totally nice and offtopic quietly from behind a mask.

As far as receiving likes, I do appreciate them. I don't check on them often, but when I do check and find new ones, it does make me feel better. Of course I honestly couldn't care if anyone likes my posts or not, but a like or two never hurts, and they are positive feedback.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    If I find a post that made me laugh or wholeheartedly agree with I'll like it.

I also like posts if I noticed that user liked an earlier post of mine or if they quoted me. I like to give back

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I love it! It's just such an efficient way to tell someone you appreciate something or agree with them, without having to VM them.

Also, Mac, calm the s*** down. :p

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I hated the like button at first because I loved post comments and I thought post comments would become extinct when people had the option just to like something. That has happened, but I don't really care so much since post comments are anonymous now.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm an infrequent user of the 'Like' button. I like a lot of posts without 'liking' them because I want to give out 'likes' to those posts that really make me think or laugh or smile. If I give it out to everyone, it just diminishes their effect. At least for me. Other people have no problem giving them out to everything, and that's good for them. For me, however, if I've 'liked' your post, it means that I reeeeeeeally like it.

Back