• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lost Luxray

Years
    Hey guys . Well, I need some help with my team & it involves luxray in it .

Sableye
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Bold [EV's: 252 Def./ 252 Hp/ 4 Spe.]
    Ability: Prankster

• Taunt
    • Recover
    • Will-O-Wisp
    • Confuse Ray

Shuckle
    Item: Lum berry
    Nature: Relaxed [Ev's: 252 Def./ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Hp]
    Ability: Contrary

• Gastro Acid
    • Sticky Web
    • Stealth Rocks
    • Knock Off

Blissey
    Nature: Careful [Ev's: 252 Sp.Def/ 252 Hp/ 4 Att.]
    Ability: Natural Cure

• Heal Bell
    • Attract
    • Wish
    • Seismic Toss

Starmie
    Item: Odd Incense
    Nature: Timid [Ev's: 252 Spe./ 252 Sp.Att./ 4 Hp]

• Psyshock
    • Ice Beam
    • Rapid Spin
    • Recover

Talonflame
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant [Ev's: 252 Att./ 252 Spe./ 4 Hp]
    Ability: Gale Wings

• Brave Bird
    • Flare Blitz
    • U-Turn
    • Tailwind

Luxray
    Item: Flame Orb
    Nature: Jolly [Ev's: 252 Spe./252 Att./ 4 Hp]
    Ability: Guts

• Facade
    • Wild Charge
    • Magnet Rise
    • Rest

This Luxray is a beast, he can 1 Hit K-O a Latios with a Facade & Flame Orb activated with the ability Guts. Most of the time, he can also Out speed his opponents. My Shuckle main objective is to set up the Stikcy Web & My Talonflame's is when at low health, begin the Tailwind to make sure my Luxray can out speed others. I have Rest on my Luxray just when in low health I can switch out & Heal Bell with Blissey, & well, Magnet Rise will be immune to ground types. Starmie is my Rapid Spinner & Special Attacker. Sableye is my defensive core & prevents other pokemon from setting up. I prefer Taunt over Magic Coat because opponents can use Wish & switch in to their low health pokemon to gain back their health.

The Lost Luxray

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Confuse Ray is an unreliable status move because the opponent can just switch out to get rid of confusion. Sableye should also use an attacking move so it won't be Taunt bait:
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover
    -Night Shade/Knock Off
    Nature: Bold/Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef

Shuckle is terrible. While it has high defenses, its low HP lets it down. Its only resistances are Normal and Poison and neither is a very common attacking type. Smeargle is the better option because it gets the hazards up faster and more efficiently:
    -Sticky Web
    -Spore/Dark Void
    -Taunt/Parting Shot/Nuzzle
    -Stealth Rock/Magic Coat
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 96 HP/120 Def/40 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo

Like confusion, infatuation is an unreliable status ailment. Blissey also has better moves to use, such as Toxic or Thunder Wave:
    -Soft-Boiled
    -Heal Bell/Aromatherapy
    -Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
    -Toxic/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef

Other Pokemon to consider are Clefable and Sylveon; they provide Wish support:

Clefable:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Heal Bell/Aromatherapy/Toxic
    -Moonblast
    Nature: Bold/Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/244 Def (Bold) or SDef (Calm)/12 Spe
    Ability: Unaware/Magic Guard

Sylveon:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Hyper Voice
    -Heal Bell/Calm Mind
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/244 Def/12 Spe
    Ability: Pixilate

Starmie greatly appreciates a Water STAB because Water has good all-round coverage. It won't have room for Recover now because it needs all the coverage it can get:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Psyshock/Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure/Analytic

While Life Orb gives Talonflame the freedom of switching moves, it wears it down even faster in conjunction with its recoil-inducing STABs:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird
    -U-turn
    -Tailwind/Roost
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Sharp Beak/Sky Plate

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Sharp Beak/Sky Plate

or
    -Bulk Up
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef

And now for Luxray itself. I don't quite like it in an OU setting because it's relatively slow and not too bulky. The point of a Guts sweeper is to KO or heavily damage as many things as possible before the residual damage gets too much. Your set doesn't accomplish that. Magnet Rise is situational; while it lets Luxray dodge its Ground weakness for a while, it takes up a slot that would've gone to a better coverage move. Rest is also a wasted slot because it leaves Luxray a sitting duck for 2 turns. Sure, you have Blissey for the status support, but it's not worth it in the end:
    -Wild Charge
    -Facade
    -Superpower
    -Crunch
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    A few things...

Sableye is going to need at least one attacking move. Having nothing but status moves makes it Taunt bait. I say go for one of two options:

Sableye
    Nature: Bold [EV's: 252 Def./ 252 Hp/ 4 Spe.]

• Taunt
    • Recover
    • Will-O-Wisp
    • Foul Play/Night Shade
    Foul Play uses the opponent's Attack stat to calculate damage, so it's a good counter to powerful Pokemon, but Night Shade is more reliable and does a fixed amount of damage, so that's up to you which one you prefer. Also, I replaced Confuse Ray because in my opinion it's the least reliable of your four moves. Confusion isn't that good because the target can just switch out of it. But if you'd rather replace another move that's up to you. Bottom line, you need an attack move, and Foul Play and Night Shade are the best options because they don't rely on Sableye's Attack stat (which isn't that good).

Shuckle's best features are a bit wasted on your Shuckle set. Mainly, it doesn't take advantage of Shuckle's enormous defenses which let it stall out an opponent while it takes residual damage. Replace Knock Off with Toxic. Shuckle's Attack stat is basically non-existent, so attacking moves are useless on it. Making your opponent lose its item is nice, but after you've done that you'll have no way of inflicting damage. Also, Sturdy as an ability would be more useful, because your moveset doesn't take advantage of it (which would generally be done with Curse to boost Speed). Finally, in order to take advantage of its bulk, give it a Leftovers instead.

Shuckle
    Nature: Relaxed [Ev's: 252 Def./ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Hp]
    Ability: Sturdy

• Gastro Acid
    • Sticky Web
    • Stealth Rock
    • Toxic
    For Blissey, I wouldn't go with Attract. It's just not reliable. Since it's based on gender, it'll only work half the time (actually less than half when you take genderless Pokes into account). For a more reliable way to cripple your opponent, go with Thunder Wave instead. Also, you should invest more EV's in Defense instead of Sp. Def, otherwise Blissey risks getting OHKO'd by a type neutral physical attack. It doesn't need any investment in Attack because Seismic Toss doesn't use it.

Blissey
    Nature: Careful [Ev's: 252 Def/ 252 Hp/ 4 Sp Def.]

• Heal Bell
    • Thunder Wave
    • Wish
    • Seismic Toss

I won't say anything about the Luxray since it sounds like that's the one you want to keep, but I would say you should be open minded to replacing Magnet Rise if you find yourself having trouble with this set. Getting immunity to Ground moves is good, but the moveslot might be better used with something else--Knock Off would be my move of choice.

Hope this helps!

Back