• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The manga ceation support club

Keizah

My fair little eevee!
    Years
    ...Okay...I'm not sure if this should go in clubs or chat but...I'm at a loss...

For all of you who want to be future Manga artist or just want to draw one, step right up! why?This is the club where you can express your idea's post any manga you have made and get any advice that you may need. (i'm very sorry if there was some thing I forgot.)

But it's not only for original manga, It could be fan manga too! *hense you make a tokyo mew mew manga and it has the original characters in it, or it could be based off of tokyo mew mew and you made your own original characters.

So pretty much that should about cover it! I hope this is the right place!! If not, Oh well..;_; i tried guessing it right. i gave an explination that should explain my intentions throughly...

So everyone grab your pencils and paper becuase it's time for Manga!!! XD I can't belive i just said that...I sound like kimi....

members:
    Keizah
    kimi_catdemon
    crystal clair
    kyokobutterfly15
    regICE88
    Midori Chi
    Kazuhito
    Ninetales
    miss kanna

Last edited:

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    HEY! is that an insult to me or a compliement?! XD

anyway, I'll join! i'm helping ye' out anyway....XD Ye'...such a funny word...

Last edited:
    Years
    I'll join. ^__^

I'm working on a manga series right now. (I don't want to publish them or anything, but manga is fun to draw)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    *joins*

Neh~ I've been working on a project for the last five years or so, gone through three name changes, 4 main character changes, eventually I just devoted all my efforts to the story half and hope to find a better artist for it one day.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    Really?1 me and keizah just hope we can get suppliies! They're hard to find down here!! =D

Years
    I only use pencils. I'll use ink pens for my chapter pages only.
    I usually find the correct supplies at craft stores. XD

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Must join x33

I'm currently working on a little series[shojo] that I want to publish when I am older <3

I sketch out the drawings,ink em in,than colour them.Eh,like Midori said,craft's shop.They're quite useful : D

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Mines takes place years from now <3

Geh,i can't describe my plot XD Mines is more on the shojo/shonen edge,but whatever :3 Let's just put it this way:If we put Tenchi Muyo,,Ranma 1/2,Fruit's Basket and Dragon Ball Z together,we'd get this series XD

Years
    Cool! ^^

What's it about?

Mine's about a girl named Mai Zumo whi is a geisha but wants to be a samurai.
    One day, her older brother is missing and Mai takes the chance to become a samurai to find her brother. She meets two boys: Ryou Ku and Asuna Ku, who are ninjas and they decide to travel with her. And a little later on, they meet a girl revenging her mother's death named Nina Tsunwa who is also Mai's old rival from geisha class. And so, they group of four travel to different towns to find Mai's brother. ^^

I'm on volume four of the series right now and am very proud of it. Maybe I'll scan a pic of my characters sometime.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    For inks, I usually use copics...which no one sells here anymore. <_< For paper, I'd use deleter size B4 depending on what I was doing. Though I was okay with drawing, setting up the actual pages was a pain. I had to go through sooooo many different techniques on how I should set the pages up, where I should place dialouge boxes and all that, I hated it. @_@;

My series is called Julies and takes place in 1904. The basic plot is back in the 1700's, there was a war tactician that engineered his own type of humans to be used in war. He eventually died, but his son took on the task of trying this out on the unborn fetus of 19 different people. Two are main characters at the start, 4 more join later. The main character's family is dead, the supporting character's family, who the main character had lived with, are killed at the start of chapter one. For the first few chapters, they're trying to find out who killed their family and that's when they eventually figure out that they aren't normal humans. If I ever do find a translator and a illustrator, I'd prefer this running in something like Month Gan Gan or Shounen Sunday as opposed to Shounen Jump. Mainly because the other two are monthly and bi-monthly so it lets you work on bigger chapters and work more story into them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Midori Chi said:
    A translator? Wow.
    So it's in a different language?

That plot is pretty cool. XD
    English -> Japanese
    So yeah, of course I'd need a translator. XD My Japanese is getting better, but it still isn't enough to write a manga in. This is something that I seriously want to do, but before any of that can get underway, I need a work visa for Japan.

Years
    Oh. I see. Would you have it published in English as well?
    That'd be cool to oneday call yourself a real manga-ka.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Depending if it ever gets picked up, but probably my first goal would be to get published in Japan. I've only ever been published once before, and that's very hard to get. XD

Years
    Cool! =D

If mine were to somehow get published, I don't think it would do so well. TT
    My manga are too cliche. (in my opinion TT)

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Wow... Earlier today I've been thinking about manga and making one... or two... or three.

My first idea for one is a completely original one called Reinaria. I guess it might have been mildly based off both Digimon and the "Witch" cartoon series... because it centers around a group of five women entrusted with the power of Reinaria. Reinaria is an elusive source, but what many know is its possible connections to magic and divine spirits. This is inferred from the emergence of special powers infused within the possessors of this force, each five entrusted with the power of a different element. These aren't superheroes, though--they live everyday jobs. Masuket, messenger of Wind, is a figure skater--and with this most of her abilities relate to ice and surreptitiously help her performance. Eurobatt, messenger of Water, is a library clerk and preschool teacher, but she always wanted to be a lifeguard or something because of her unique ability to turn into a mermaid. Rosetta, messenger of Fire, takes the stage--she's a singer and a bit of a dancer, on her way up to stardom. Chicadi, messenger of Earth, is a doctor--which is appropriate given her many healing abilities dealing with plants. And finally, Ferati, messenger of Spirit, is a police officer, making secret yet wonderful use of her dark and sensory powers.
    --Now these five make slight atempts to keep their work secret as possible, but people have discovered what they can do, and they have formulated a bunch of reactions. One group wants this Reinaric power too, so they search the corners of the world to find some miraculous place where Reinaria dwells. However, some sort of unfortunate event always fatefully stops them...
    --Yes--there is a sixth Reinaric messenger! Kiki, the messenger of... well, evil I guess--no one's really sure. She, unlike, the others, shows off this power and almost abuses it to an extent. This makes others fearful or even jealous of her.
    --The school that Kiki goes to sees the Reinaric messengers as a bad omen, and many teachers want to destroy them. This upsets a few of the students though, as a few of them are sons and daughters of the messengers.
    --The rest of the manga deals with a mystery: Where did Reinaria come from? How is it obtained? What will become of the messengers?
    --Soon the whole town (a city in a valley called Hakushiari) builds up anxiety about the situation, where people constantly try to work out a meaning. Well... almost everyone. There's one suspicious character: Lilice, a priest in a small, humble church in a dark alley in Hakushiari, one devoted to a seemingly original and occult "faith". Lilice, unlike the others, seems perfectly calm about the situation. Will her calmness lead her to the secret to Reinaria once and for all--or does she have another identity or motive? The whole of Hakushiari waits... or perhaps even the world...

My second idea is for a Pokemon fanfic. I think it would look very good as a manga, but I'm not that experienced with manga and can't draw people that well... but...
    The fanfic centers around two characters, or perhaps even one. The first is David, a fun-loving yet lazy boy who wants to explore the world of Pokemon now that he began to show an interest in it. He might have a small desire to become a champion as well... OK, he seems fairly ordinary, but then there's the possible main character: Kelsey. Kelsey lives her life under a curse by her great-grandmother Celia (who is also a trainer, and she has a Banette). She has lived it in misery and loneliness, and Pokemon seemed to be the only thing that shone a light on her life. Her main goal is to break free of this curse--she can do this by beating Celia in a Pokemon battle. However, this isn't easy as Celia allies with a new evil organization called Team Shockwave. This ganglike team seeks to cheat and to dominate, and they use Pokemon in a lot of their workings. They beef up their own Pokemon with various machinery, and they also torture the Pokemon they steal, often using some of their useful body parts for various products (for example, Chinchou's antennae make great lamps). Under instruction of Celia, Shockwave especially follows Kelsey and David around. Meanwhile they try to work their way through gym battles and such... very daunting.
    **This story takes place in the continents of Aquatissea and Mire. New Pokemon are there, about 200 new ones. So in this you get to discover new Pokemon as well--especially the ones David and Kelsey have!
    **This story takes some interesting turns as well. Kelsey is no ordinary trainer--one of her Pokemon helps her discover something inside her--kind of like an ability--that will help her in a way. David finds Kelsey in a tragic yet interesting sort of way. The two join up, split up for a while, then rejoin again. David is Ash's best friend but does not travel with him. Kelsey has two more rivals outside of Team Shockwave. Kelsey discovers something interesting about her family. The Pokemon professor (Professor Willow) is very unusual compared to Birch, Oak, Elm, and Ivy. Many of Kelsey's Pokemon are stolen by Team Shockwave but eventually returned. One of Kelsey's Pokemon seems dangerous and evil and almost destroys Kelsey for good. Kelsey undergoes an incredible transformation while in Mire. A highly prestigious coordinator in this fic is black--a very rare case in any anime. Old-school Pokemon trainers that appear in the anime include Ash, Misty, Brock, Professor Oak, Butch, Cassidy, and Sabrina. And... *drum roll* Towards the end, David and Kelsey have a battle, but I'm not telling you who wins nor what happens in the end... :badsmile:

Another one is a Digimon fanfic. It's based on the bane behind all the Digimon villains that ever appeared: Virtualmon, who lives in separate realm called the Shadow World. The Digidestined are Falco, an adventurous gogglehead with a bird Digimon named Warblemon; Katrina, who is peaceful and optimistic, occasionally speaks Spanglish, and has a flower Digimon named Flowamon; Andy, a surfer dude who is a fairly stupid lover boy and has a swordfish Digimon named Flotsamon; Zuri, who has a strong affinity for magic and the supernatural in general--she even has a ghost Digimon named Oramon. Oh, and then there's Gon, a lazy guy who likes to watch TV and has a bug Digimon named Skitomon, but he encounters some, um, problems at first and ends up at a late start... What's also peculiar is Gon's sister, Ari, who was spirited away as Virtualmon's assistant and given powers that made her a "half Digimon", though she still looked human. Other interesting character in this include Gypsymon, a ladybug-spider Digimon who eventually becomes Arukenimon and is the main Digimon villain besides Virtualmon, plus Nelly, an ex-tamer who died and whose ghost keeps shifting between two sides--while Gypsymon possesses her, at other times Zuri and Oramon talk to her. Anyways, in the end, something interesting happens to Ari as well as the fate of the Digital World--plus some of the Digidestined have interesting backstories that mildly interfere with the plot.

I already know the ending to Reinaria, but I won't tell you to save the suspense.

Last edited:
    Years
    *reads*

Wow! That sounds AWSOME! =D
    (It took a long time to read, but it was worth is XD)

I think you should make it. It's definetely a unique plot. ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It does sound like it's done before, but if you can expand on it and make it better, then it'd be pretty good.

a girl named Mai Zumo whi is a geisha but wants to be a samurai.
    This idea itself is pretty good, it's not something that's done that much and I can't really recall if I've ever seen a series with a character as the lead.

One day, her older brother is missing and Mai takes the chance to become a samurai to find her brother
    This part does sound cliche, the missing family/friend has been done before. You should make it be a person who she's never met, like someone that's important to the family, but the main character doesn't know why. It's something that she'd eventually learn, like the person is the key to some great power or something. It's hard to just "decide to be a Samurai" especially in feudal Japan, it has the name feudal for a reason. The systems back then were all flawed, women weren't really respected back then. So for most of the series, depending on how long you want it to go, you can have her be training and trying to earn the respect of others.

She meets two boys: Ryou Ku and Asuna Ku, who are ninjas and they decide to travel with her. And a little later on, they meet a girl revenging her mother's death named Nina Tsunwa who is also Mai's old rival from geisha class. And so, they group of four travel to different towns to find Mai's brother. ^^
    This part does seem better. But what you can do is, have the brother be the one that sent Ryou and Asuna with the girl. They "accidentally" meet up, but the girl's brother could be paying them to watch over her. Maybe because he doesn't trust his sister, or because he doesn't think she's strong enough. If you want to add a little drama, you can have Mai figure out that her brother is paying the two boys to be with her, but have one of the boys be a love interest. He can start to like Mai or something, but when she figures out what's going on, she can think it was all an act or something like that.

Back