• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The manga ceation support club

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Meh...I have no art things on computer ;; I agree with chi, I do better with Drawing by hand =D I also usually draw mainly fan art (fruits Basket)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Most mangaka use computers, sorta. They do the initial drawings and then the assistants do everything on the computer.

Years
    kimi_catdemon: Yay! I wanna see! =D

*Princess Seraphia*: Yay for Furuba fanart! XD

Blue: Really? I didn't know that. 0.0
    I guess I learn something new everyday. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, usually a mangaka will have a group of five to ten assistants doing anything that isn't the manga. Colors, covers, anything that needs to be done on the computer, story editing, stuff like that.

Years
    Cool 0.0
    Do you use the computer for screentones too?
    I always thought it was pencil shading or something. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Depends, it's easier to do it that way. No one really does anything by hand except for the covers and actual artwork. These days everything else is done on computers since it saves so much time and mangaka really do need time.

Years
    Yup, yup. XD
    In one of my manga, they said they had to work on 63 pages or something in one day. 0.0 I guess being a manga-ka is fun but stressful. XD

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    Maybe you saw these on the when kimi is bored thread, but in case you didn't....
    This is the art work I did on MS paint.

This is just some of them....I have the pic of Ahiru and Fakir seprate..Oo The first one is an OC..Oo

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Midori Chi said:
    Yup, yup. XD
    In one of my manga, they said they had to work on 63 pages or something in one day. 0.0 I guess being a manga-ka is fun but stressful. XD
    Week.

Mangaka are usually given a week to do a chapter, that includes handing it off to the assistants as well. And it's a LOT harder than it looks.

Kimicatdemon

Years
    I figured that they have about a week for on chapter..and it's about 5-8 chappies per book. then they pull alot of all nighters..how much of a break do they get when ever they turn in a finished project? (before they start on the next one?)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Usually it's two or three weeks off a year, a month at the most.

They have a deadline of at least 14 pages for each week since the chapters come out once a week in Japan, except for when they mangaka get the week off, and they do have to go without sleep a lot.

Kimicatdemon

Years
    Ah...the life of a mangaka..XD sounds like me! I can go along time with food...*has a fast metabolism so can eat alot.* XD
    but I just need to get a good stiry going with some motivation....XD

Years
    One of my fellow mangaka friends has this really great idea for a new manga but she can't start it because she's already working on too many at a time. ;_;
    It makes me want to start a new one as well, but I have to finish what I've started first.

Kimicatdemon

Years
    that happens to me too..I get good ideas, but I'm already drawing other things..and no one wants to join me and help..(where I live, anyway...)

Years
    I only have one friend who is willing to help me. All my other friends say they think drawing is boring. ;_;
    If we lived nearby, I'd definetely help you out. ^________^

Kimicatdemon

Years
    No one in the anime club will even join...why? They say they have better things to do, which I can respect, but can you think of something more original?!!

<~~~~ has yet to work on the ballet comic...I'm going to have to redraw it later...mine is just a rough draft..XD

Years
    Yay for re-drawing!
    My manga-ka friend and I started a new comic together last Friday. We're already on page 3! Yay!

Back