• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Marzian

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    your signature looks empty. what do I have to do to get a spot there?

not sure, I'm not one for PC families and whatnot anymore. maybe I can subtly fit a link to your profile in there somehow. ;)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Well hello there, mind me asking some questions?

How do you feel about having 154653146498764579813429897645764969164977946136479 Users named "Alex" on this forum?

What kind of weather do you like the most?

Which is the most important thing that a videogame needs for you?

I dont mind so long as they acknowledge I am Alex #1

Favourite weather is fall or spring time. That's usually because they provide what their predecessors can't. I can't appreciate fall without a hot, humid southern Ontario summer. :) And I can't appreciate spring without a bitter cold winter. Which, actually, hasn't happened this year! So I'm not dying for spring this year, which is nice.

Most important thing in a video game is constant stimulation. I get bored of games really easily. First-person shooters generally are the best at providing all the stimulation I need. You're constantly looking around, keeping yourself alive, and also focusing on your aim and ammo conservation. So it's a lot of fun for me. :) Pokemon RPG is not quite the type of simulation I need to keep me interested. But, battling on the server is pretty fun, haha!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    What's your main class in TF2? Also, what type of competitive did you play (HL, 6s, etc)

My main changed a lot but I always played either scout, soldier or medic. I played Highlander for about two years and 6s for about one year. In the end, I think I prefer playing highlander because it was a lot less stress. But I much prefer watching 6s. ESEA Invite is obviously where the true talent in the game lies.

What about you? Did you ever play in UGC or ESEA?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • My main changed a lot but I always played either scout, soldier or medic. I played Highlander for about two years and 6s for about one year. In the end, I think I prefer playing highlander because it was a lot less stress. But I much prefer watching 6s. ESEA Invite is obviously where the true talent in the game lies.

What about you? Did you ever play in UGC or ESEA?
    I played in UGC Steel as Scout for about a year but ultimately had to give it up because I wasn't free the day that most of the matches were. After that I subbed for my friend's Silver team every once in a while as Scout, Soldier, or Pyro.
    Never played ESEA but I've always wanted to try it out. I'm probably not going to have much time to git gud again though.

I totally agree with you that watching 6s is more entertaining.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I played in UGC Steel as Scout for about a year but ultimately had to give it up because I wasn't free the day that most of the matches were. After that I subbed for my friend's Silver team every once in a while as Scout, Soldier, or Pyro.
    Never played ESEA but I've always wanted to try it out. I'm probably not going to have much time to git gud again though.

I totally agree with you that watching 6s is more entertaining.

In ESEA especially, it's a huge time commitment. Teams generally want to scrim 4-5 days/wk and, if you're like me, you're spending an hour or two warming up before the scrims. It was too much for me. ESEA showed me how lax UGC is in comparison. Players are much more experienced, and much harder to fight against. Honestly, it kind of killed the game for me. I was having more fun taking it casually in UGC. I barely play comp TF2 anymore, but I might come back to play with my friends once matchmaking comes out.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • In ESEA especially, it's a huge time commitment. Teams generally want to scrim 4-5 days/wk and, if you're like me, you're spending an hour or two warming up before the scrims. It was too much for me. ESEA showed me how lax UGC is in comparison. Players are much more experienced, and much harder to fight against. Honestly, it kind of killed the game for me. I was having more fun taking it casually in UGC. I barely play comp TF2 anymore, but I might come back to play with my friends once matchmaking comes out.

Yeah, I've been looking forward to matchmaking but the fact that it has now been like... what, 9 months since it was confirmed? has killed the excitement for me a little. I've been playing a bit of MGE with my friends to get better, but besides that I'm not going to be playing much until matchmaking finally comes out please gaben

Anyways, I'll add some questions.
    Least favorite class?
    Least favorite weapon? (besides obvious things that everyone says like the Phlog)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah, I've been looking forward to matchmaking but the fact that it has now been like... what, 9 months since it was confirmed? has killed the excitement for me a little. I've been playing a bit of MGE with my friends to get better, but besides that I'm not going to be playing much until matchmaking finally comes out please gaben

Anyways, I'll add some questions.
    Least favorite class?
    Least favorite weapon? (besides obvious things that everyone says like the Phlog)

truee... eh, you know, valve time. It'll happen. Question is: will it be before Overwatch release?

Least favourite class probably heavy, or spy.
    Least favourite weapon? Short circuit lol. And also rescue ranger used to annoy the f outta me in highlander.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Question is: will it be before Overwatch release?
    I doubt it, but even so I think Overwatch won't make me quit TF2 entirely.
    Anyways, what characters are you looking forward to in Overwatch?

one day this thread will go back to being a place where people other than me ask questions

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I doubt it, but even so I think Overwatch won't make me quit TF2 entirely.
    Anyways, what characters are you looking forward to in Overwatch?

one day this thread will go back to being a place where people other than me ask questions

No, I agree completely. I actually got to play during a beta weekend in November. The game's changed a bit by now but at its core it's still very different from TF2. Plus, it takes itself a little too seriously. The charm that hooked me onto TF2 was how silly it is.

Favourite OW characters were Tracer, Soldier 76, Pharah, Reaper and D.Va. I hope I get into the beta again, it will help me decide if I should pre-order OW.

Back