• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Marzian

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hi, I'm marz. I'm part of the social media team on PC where I make videos and stream games from time to time. It's a lot of fun!

I also go by "Alex" and I am 23 years young. I'm not in school anymore, but I did a three-year film program and now I'm a freelancer in the Canadian TV industry. I'm a big gamer and I also love watching films and TV series. I joined PC in 2006 and my interest in its topics of discussions has changed a lot. I also had a brief stint as a moderator in 2008. These days I like to peruse the Treehouse and see what funny nonsense the community can come up with, as well as contribute to said funny nonsense.

I'm from Canada but as I get older I want to take advantage of my UK citizenship to eventually move and work there. I'm sure I would enjoy and benefit from a change in surrounding. I'm very interested in several European cultures including French, Italian, German, Czech and Swedish. Some of these countries I have already visited, and I would love to go back. I would also love to go where I have not been in the list.

I'm a pretty modest guy when it comes to goals and dreams. I'm still very much trying to find my path in life. I think, most of all, I'd like to travel a lot, and start a family. I'm more prone to value my hobbies, having fun and building & maintaining friendships over working myself to the bone to make money. That's for now, at least. Perhaps, later on in life, I will come to value money a lot more and put more effort into my work to earn better wages.

Well, I hope that's enough to get you started. You know a little bit about me, but now it's time for your imagination to take over. AMA!

big thanks to fire for the thread title, please donate to PC to help support her dream of being a full-time thread titlist

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    What's your favorite game? Movie? TV series?

What forum did you moderate and why do you no longer do so?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If people donate to Steve for me, does that make him my pimp?

So what would you actually change your username to, if you would? c: water

What's a movie you reaaaally dislike?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    What's your favorite game? Movie? TV series?

What forum did you moderate and why do you no longer do so?

Favourite game is Team Fortress 2. I've spent over 3000 hours in that game and used to play it competitively (yes, that exists) for about two years. Favourite moooooviee..... at the moment, it's probably The Big Short. Hoping it'll win Best Picture this year at the Oscar's. And TV Series is House of Cards. Can't wait for season 4 in March!!!

I used to moderate the Mixed Community Groups, Member Fanclubs and Other Clubs. Those forums don't exist anymore, but I quit even while they existed. I stopped moderating because I didn't think it was very fun. It was more of a chore than a privilege. As far as I can tell, those forums have been scattered across everywhere. Clubs can be found in several sections of PC, they are simply in the forum where most appropriate (ex. anime/manga clubs are in the anime/manga forum). Member Encyclopedia have very well replaced the Member Fanclubs. They originally took a big hit when PC/vBulletin first introduced Visitor Messages, anyway.

If people donate to Steve for me, does that make him my pimp?

So what would you actually change your username to, if you would? c: water

What's a movie you reaaaally dislike?

Yes that's exactly what it makes Steve. I hope you can accomplish your dream!!!

Hmmm that's a toughie. Something music related for sure, might have to find a way to substitute an 's' for a 'z' in true marz fashion. No idea really, but I'd take fire over water ;)

Movie I really dislike... hmmm... not exactly sure, sometimes it's tough to remember movies that are bad. Probably the Saw movies, but you already knew that. :P

Last edited:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Hi, I'm marz. I'm part of the social media team on PC where I make videos and stream games from time to time. It's a lot of fun!
    So you're not the guy who's maintaining the actual social media accounts, I take it?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    So you're not the guy who's maintaining the actual social media accounts, I take it?

No sir. I make videos and stream games for the PokeCommunity YouTube channel. :)

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • No sir. I make videos and stream games for the PokeCommunity YouTube channel. :)
    Ooh. Let me know if you need any assistance or input (I actually never checked out the PC YouTube channel; I should get on that when I get some more downtime). I work professionally as a YouTube channel manager for major American brands (so it's my team's job to optimize content in order to boost views and subscribers). Of course, it's never that easy.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay I'm actually seriously wondering because I can't recall you telling me, maybe you have: what is your favorite pokémon?

don't say muk

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Okay I'm actually seriously wondering because I can't recall you telling me, maybe you have: what is your favorite pokémon?

don't say muk

My favourite Pokemon is Arcanine. :)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hi~

Favorite dish to make/recipe you really want to try/a dish you're still intimidated to make.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • You said you traveled, where all have you gone?

I think you're at least bilingual too, aren't you? If not and I made that up somewhere, what languages do you have experience with and/or want to learn?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Arcanine, not bad. But if Arcanine is your favorite Pokemon, which one is your least favorite?

Uhh, least favourite I dunno... I never saw a Pokemon and specifically thought "damn, this one is the worst of them all." Although especially now with 700+ it's really hard to choose. I can't answer specifically which, but I can tell you that my least favourite Pokemon type is grass. So my least favourite Pokemon is probably a grass type of some kind. :)

Hi~

Favorite dish to make/recipe you really want to try/a dish you're still intimidated to make.

Hi friend!

I really like to make risotto, or some kind of pasta sauce. I loooove Italian cooking. Something I really want to try but am too intimidated is Spanish Paella. It's a bed of saffron rice with plenty of seafood baked together, and my dad has made it with some spicy chorizo sausage and hnnnnnnngggggggg its sooooo good. But a very expensive dish to make (by my standards).

You said you traveled, where all have you gone?

I think you're at least bilingual too, aren't you? If not and I made that up somewhere, what languages do you have experience with and/or want to learn?

I've been to Massachusetts and California in the US. British Columbia and Quebec in Canada. Several regions in France (though I was so young I hardly remember where we were) and several places in Italy including Venice City, Rome, the Tuscany region and the Amalfi Coast.

Yeah, bilingual. I speak French and English fluently. My English is a bit better but I did all of my primary and secondary schooling in French. All the mathematics, sciences, philosophy, technology, etc classes were in French. Only language courses were in a different language (obviously). As far as what I'd like to learn: I've always had an interest in the Germanic languages. I had an old roommate that tried to help me learn German but that didn't go very far. I got lazy and gave up haha.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Favorite game genre and favorite game?

Would you rather fight 100 duck sized Klippys or 1 Klippy sized duck?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Favorite game genre and favorite game?

Would you rather fight 100 duck sized Klippys or 1 Klippy sized duck?

Favourite genre is probably FPS, specifically class-based shooters like TF2 and Killing Floor. Favourite game is Team Fortress 2. :) I'm sooo hopeful for Overwatch...

Dang, I'll take on one Klippy-sized duck.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • What's your favourite poke game? (Both main series and spin off)

What's your favourite forum thread in general?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    What's your favourite poke game? (Both main series and spin off)

What's your favourite forum thread in general?

Favourite game is probably Silver, or Crystal. I think the first time I had committed to finishing the dex was on my Crystal version. I got sooo close, but eventually gave up. :( Favourite spinoff is Pokemon Stadium/2. I never played many of the handheld spinoffs or console games.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dunno. My fantastic discussion in the Treehouse.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    your signature looks empty. what do I have to do to get a spot there?

Back