• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Masterball (what do you use it on?)

Years
    The Masterball, the supreme, rarest, and most accurate pokeball of them all.

To the point, excluding those that used Missing Number back in the day, or an Action Replay cheat to get a near infinite supply of these balls, which pokemon do you normally use this mostly-one-per-game pokeball? (try to be specific, such as, which legendary/ies you use it on).

Obviously it doesn't have to be one per Gen, I'm pretty sure you all know about the other ways such as the lottery and whatnot, so feel free to mention those too.

I personally used mine on...

Mewtwo in Gen 1
    Suicune in Crystal (do'h!)
    Ho-oh in Silver (caught Lugia through regular means of course)
    Haven't played Gen 3 (or 3.5) I should get to that sometime.
    Giritina in Platinum (double do'h!)

And in SoulSilver I plan to use it on Mewtwo (with a complete disregard to how much easier it is to catch compared to the three roaming pokemon: Entei, Raikou, and Latios). I'm right outside Cerulean Cave ingame anyway (and my pokedex is 149/493...as you can tell, I planned this in advance).

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    In Ruby, I used my MB on Groudon.
    In Sapphire, I used it on Kyogre.
    In Emerald, I can't remember.
    In my FireRed playthroughs, i've used it on Mewtwo and Suicune.
    In Platinum, i'm saving it for God so that I can get an Arceus with good IVs and a good nature. Giratina was frustrating as hell, but I wanted to save my MB.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I waste it on a legendary because I'm lazy. And then I get to an even better legendary and I go, "Damn, I shouldn't have used it back then."

For example, I used it on Kyogre on Sapphire, but when I got to Rayquaza ... :/

Years
    Since I recently restarted almost all of my GBA Pokémon games, I actually don't use the Master Balls that I get. I trade them into my Platinum version so I can catch wandering Pokémon like Mesprit and Cresselia. xD;
    But before that, I just used them on random legendaries.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I really try not to use the master ball at all. But I used to use it on the main legendary. (Like in Ruby, it was Groudon, Pearl was Palkia, etc.)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I shy from using it. But here's a list:

Yellow Version: Mew (Using a glitch), Mewtwo (through regular means)
    Silver: Entei/Raikou (Which ever I didn't catch using an Ultra Ball+Sleep Power combo)
    Ruby: Latios
    Sapphire: Latias
    Emerald: Latias/Latios
    FireRed: Entei/Suicune/Raikou (Depending on Starter), or Mewtwo
    Colleseum: Tyrannitar (Too much of a pain)
    XD: Lugia (DUH)
    Diamond: Arceus, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, or Mesprit
    Pearl: Same as Diamond
    Platinum: Same as Diamond/Pearl

Ayselipera

Well this is just when I played for the first time.

Yellow - Mewtwo
    Silver - Lugia
    Gold - Ho-oh
    Crystal - Suicune
    Ruby - Groudon
    Sapphire - Kyorge
    Emerald - Rayquaza
    Diamond - Dialga
    Pearl - Palkia
    Platinum - I don't even remember.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    i usually use it on the storyline legendary, due to extreme laziness, but sometimes i will save it for the roaming legedaries, i find them to be a huge pain

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I use 'em on wandering legendaries (the birds in Platinum because of Roost). From multiple play-throughs of various games, I had stockpiled a good number of Master Balls and I still have a few left should I come across a shiny that I want. The others don't go anywhere so I tough it out with Dusk, Ultra, and Timer Balls.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Yellow: Mewtwo
    Crystal: Lugia (caught Ho-Oh with Ultra Ball, the roaming duo with Fast Balls)
    Emerald: Latios (good i saved masterball on Rayquaza)
    Ruby: Rayquaza
    Diamond: Dialga
    Platinum: Regigigas (sure any attack would've OHKO'd :D)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    I've only played got to the legendaries in Pearl and Platinum, as I was very young playing Yellow and gold, didn't get 3rd Gen. In Pearl I used it for Dialga, and Giritina in Platinum

Hacky

Who knows who <- is?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2011
    Crystal. I used mine on Suicune. Ran out of ultras (Should have taken more than just 10...) I was pretty annoyed on lugia and still am on Entei & Raikou...

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
    Years
    Pokemon Yellow: Zapdos (I didn't know anything about Mewtwo then.)
    Pokemon Crystal: Suicune.
    Pokemon Emerald: Rayquaza
    Pokemon LeafGreen: Entei.
    Pokemon Platinum: Girantina

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I always use my Master Ball on Pokemon that only appear as sprites outside of battle. For Uber battling this is the only way to get good Pokemon as using any other form of Pokeball would be a waste of time. Hence, I generally use it on Pokemon like Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia, Dialga etc.

Back