• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    'kay so this is just a plain amazing series; agreed? But what are your favourite parts? Which is your favourite episode? Who's your favourite character? Did you like the Disappearance movie? Do you think Kyon should end up with Haruhi or Mikuru, or even Nagato? Do you prefer the anime, manga, or the novels? Do you wish you were in the SOS Brigade? Which character are you most like? Basically discuss all things Haruhi! c:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Haruhi is definitely an amazing series! It's one of the first series that actually got me into anime in the first place. I don't have a particular favourite episode, but if the movie counts, that would be it. I saw it subbed, and it was amazing. I then proceeded to buy it the first day it was out! o3o

Honestly, I think Kyon should wind up with Haruhi. Just the way it's meant to roll, I suppose. The movie made me really like the idea of Kyon and alternate Nagato being together, though. xDD;;

My personal preference would be the anime. I haven't read any of the novels, although I plan to, and the manga doesn't seem as good of an adaption, in my humble opinion.

I wouldn't mind being in the SOS brigade! It would be tons of fun, for sure. Kyon's big speech with himself near the end of the movie pretty much sums it up. Who would give up a life of all that supernatural exciting stuff for just a regular life? You'd be mad. o3o

The character I'm most like is a mix between Haruhi and Kyon. I tend to do a lot of stupid stuff, and also get my friends to do it with me while laughing like a maniac, but I also often have Kyon's attitude about things as well. xD;
    I donno! It's hard to put into words, really.

Aaaand, that seems to be the last of the questions! : D

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
    Firstly, if there was something similar to the SOS brigade and my school, then maybe I would have ended up being so darn pessimistic. Kyon and Haruhi obviously should be together. Kyon's lucky to have a girl that nice around. And I am holding my breath for a third season of the anime. (Or not, as the case may be). Would you recommend the manga?

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Personally I think that we can do without the romance and view all the relationships in the story as purely platonic. (Except maybe Kyon->Asahina, which, in my view, is more paternal than romantic.)
    Meanwhile: it's almost three years since Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody aired in 2009; is the time ripe for another season? I say yes.

Back