• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Monotype Challenge Re:Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Got a start on the next Gen to knock down in my Ultimate Bug: EMERALD TIME!

Grabbed Mudkip, because as it turns out, I can just give that sucked all of the Water HMs. I think the only other one I needed was Rock Smash, but a Zigzagoon can get that. Rushed up to May, and then back down to get my Shoes. Oh, and whatever else I was supposed to get (the shoes are the real good thing here).

I actually planned this one out, and I need a Wurmple to get a Beautifly. Which means I get to have the fun of catching a Wurmple, training it to 7, hoping it evolves into a Silcoon. Oh, and it has to be male. Because it's going to be used for breeding for an Egg Move. I could use a Dustox for the moment, but out of the 7 Bug mons I can get, Dustox....dusn't compare to the rest. So, I'm deciding to skip it.

First one I caught evolved to Cascoon. So, I just used that one to farm. Took about 10 more catches before lucking out and having it evolve to Silcoon. And with a tearful farewell, I got rid of my Cascoon.

Wat...I didn't want clutter.

I pushed through Route 102, fighting all of the trainers. Poison Sting is ridiculously nice against Lotad when they show up. The sole trainer that stinks here is the one with Taillow. Because that jerk knows Peck. I ended up grinding up to level 10 so I'd evolve. Then I spammed Harden while fighting that trainer's Poochyena, using Absorb (thank you L10 learnset) to stay alive. Taillow didn't stand a chance.

I do the scene with Wally, then move into Southern Route 104. I defeated all three trainers, though looking at Lady Cindy, I wish I could snag the Nugget. :D

I ended up stopping just short of entering Petalburg Woods. This should be fun.

Spr_3e_267.png

L11 M Beautifly
Tackle
String Shot Absorb
Poison Sting
Harden

Newfi Cheese

It's Newfi Cheese!
Years
Alright, slowly approaching the end of my AS Steel run, only 1 more badge to get. Flannery was actually pretty tough, I was only able to make it through with Olmec the Nosepass. After Flannery I headed up to that super ashy route (Don't remember it's name lol) and caught Heracles the Skarmory, my last mon for a pretty long time. Norman wasn't too difficult, but I was underleveled so there was some challenge there. Winona was obviously easy, I have tons of rock type moves. Battles with Team Aqua aren't too bad as long as Screwball the Magneton is alive... if he isn't? It's a yikes. Tate and Liza weren't too hard except for the random trainer with Medicham and Claydol. My team is way underlevel tho, only at level 40 so I'll have to do some grinding before taking on Kyogre

Years
Time for a new update! At last!

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge!

Yellow, HeartGold, Sigma Σmerald, Platinum, White 2, X, Ultra Sun.

4. Pokémon Platinum Fighting Monotype update No. 6: Battling at the Lakes!

So after I got the Riolu, I didn't play that much due to being busy, but at least I started the game some days to get Riolu the massage at Veilstone. This made the evolution very easy when I came back to the game more seriously, at level 9 I had a Lucario! After giving Lucario the Exp. Share, I entered Canalave City gym.

Steel-types are not threatening to Fighting-types, and this made Byron the easiest gym ever! Heracross beat Magneton with a single Brick Break, Infernape destroyed Steelix with Fire Blast, and a critical Revenge from Toxicroak in his attempt to use Metal Burst was enough to deal with Bastiodon. 6 badges!

After this it was time to go to the different lakes to fight Team Galaxy. In Lake Valor I witnessed this funny scene which I didn't remember from the game!

LEd7VHZ.png

Saturn was my foe at that very Lake. Gallade easily took down Golbat with Psycho Cut, Infenape destroyed Bronzor, and Heracross with a single Aerial Ace beat Toxicroak. And Mars battle in Lake Verity was almost identical, with Golbat and Bronzor falling the same way and Machoke taking Purugly down easily with Cross Chop.

After these easy battles I went through Mt. Coronet to try to reach Snowpoint City. It was annoying because I needed some HMs and Heracross was out of the team during these routes. Anyways, these fights took Lucario to a decent level, so now he is fully usable! On this path as well Machoke evolved into Machamp! I remembered that when I started this game 2 years ago I had hacked Machoke's evolution level, but I didn't remember which one I chose. It was lv 42. So finally my team is fully evolved!

At Snowpoint City I battled for my seventh badge. I loved the gym puzzle of this gym, didn't remember it very well and it is very original. So, battle with Candice for the seventh badge! Ice should be no problem, right? Lucario stood an Aerial Ace from Sneasel easily and destroyed it with Aura Sphere. Machamp took severe damage from Piloswine's Earthquake but beat it with a Cross Chop attack. Froslass started a Double Team party vs Heracross. I missed a few times with Shadow Claw but the first one that hit triggered her Sitrus Berry and the second one was a critical, so no damage taken! Finally, Infernape calcinated Abomasnow with Flamethrower! So the seventh badge is mine!

Now that Rock Climb is usable outside of battle I can finally go to Lake Acuity. There my rival lost to Team Galactic. Their HQ are in Veilstone, so that's my next destination, after exploring the world a bit more with the new HM I got, of course! But this is a topic to talk about in the next update!

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 7.

Current Location: Acuity Lake.

Number of losses: 0.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 4, 2019
Hello!

After stalking these forums for quite a while, I've decided to join and do a monotype run on Ultra Sun!

So the details are:

Forum User Name: GladeGaming
Game(s): Ultra Sun
Pokémon Type: Flying
Single/Ultimate: Single.

I'll be updating it as I go!

Cheers for getting me into these types of challenges and bringing back my love for Pokemon.

Edit: After giving it a long thought I've decided to change from monotype grass to monotype flying. Seems a bit more fun as there is a lot more variety.

Update 1:

Started the game, spoke with every single NPC. Got a Rowlet as a first pokemon since it's a grass/flying type (I have no intention of using it further down the road). Defeated Hau easilly, rescued Nebby and made everyone awe at my splendor.

Eventually caught a caterpie and went through the lovely grind to get her to evolve to a Butterfree. Same for a Pipipek which evolved to a Trumbeak. Again two pokemons which are not on the "endgame" list. With these 2 pokemon, I've done Hao'li city and the 1st trial with no issues. On route 3, I finnaly captured one of my first main pokemons which was a Hawlucha (Male with Unburden). Grinded him to 16 and beat the big Kahuna without needing to use a Z Power and even a potion.

Moving on to Akala island, I absolutely destroyed the Water trial with Supersonic Sky Strike and Bounce and caught myself a magikarp which I leveled to 20 by backtracking and defeating trainers that I missed. Funny how that useless little carp became on of the biggest powerhouses in my team. Gyarados, with a bold nature and the ability intimidate, relying on Bite and Water Pulse, defeated Marowak and the fire trial with no issues whatsoever.

Once the fire trial was over, I caught myself a Fletchling which evolved in no time to Flechinder. I intend to have him as a sort of defensive tank by having him rely on Flame Body + Roost and Bulk Up further on. Together we tackled the grass trial once he was 25, which was a bit of a pain due to Flame Charge not doing that much damage and confee using flower shield on the totem Lurantis. Thankfully with roost and flame charge, we eventually took that down as well without relying on any potions.

So, this is my current team at the moment:

Hawlucha (M) - 28
Item: Flyinium Z
Nature: Mild
Moveset: Sky Drop, Flying Press, Hone Claws, Roost.

Gyarados (M) - 26
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset: Bounce, Water Pulse, Bite, Iron Tail.

Flechinder (M) - 26
Item: Firium Z
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Flame Body
Moveset: Flame Charge, Peck, Agility, Roost.

GladeGaming

Last edited:
Years
Can I finish a game without losses? ...

4. Pokémon Platinum Fighting Monotype update No. 7: Saving the world! Giratina!!

After exploring the world with Rock Climb, and getting a few TMs, I went to Team Galactic HQ in Veilstone. There I fought every single grunt before arriving at the boss of Team Galactic, Cyrus!

Sneasel was easy for Machamp. Next up was Crobat. He used Supersonic vs my Gallade, but my Pokémon didn't hit himself and knocked out the bat with a single Psycho Cut! Finally, Lucario beat the lv 46 Honchkrow (3 levels stronger than my Pokémon) with Aura Sphere + Close Combat, taking a lot of damage from Drill Peck.

Little after Cyrus I battled Saturn to free the three pixies! Golbat was destroyed with 2 Flamethrowers, and Infernape easily beat the Bronzor as well. Finally, Toxicroak fell to a single Psycho Cut from Gallade.

After this fight I knew I had to go to Mt. Coronet, and that there I needed HMs... So I took Toxicroak out of the team to add Bibarel, sadly, and made my way through the mountain, again battling everyone.

At the peak of Mt. Coronet I had a pretty tough fight vs Mars and Jupiter. They set up both screens with their Bronzor and I couldn't break them with Lucario, so I sent Heracross to use Brick Break. I beat one of the Bronzor but Golbat was threatening and I sent Infernape and then Gallade. Both fell but took care of the Golbat and the Skuntank (the rival's Munchlax helped with Body Slam), so after this it was a 2 v 1 fight, and easy to win with Lucario. Bronzor was already almost dead so a single Aura Sphere was enough, then Purugly fell to Close Combat and Golbat to Psychic + a Body Slam from Munchlax.

After the fight Cyrus attempted to use the Red Chain to gain control of Palkia and Dialga, but Giratina appeared and took him to the Distortion World!

CH21FYk.png

I went inside with Cynthia, to save the world! After a long exploration, I reached Cyrus, who was willing to fight again. Houndoom vs Machamp. I stood the Flamethrower and beat it with Revenge. Next up was Crobat. I hit him with Psychic, but in the next turn he switch out to Honchkrow! He survived my Aura Sphere and beat my weakened Lucario with Drill Peck. Infernape finished it off with Close Combat. Then he sent a Gyarados! Now I miss my Toxicroak haha. Although it has Earthquake. The Gyarados, with Waterfall, Earthquake and Ice Fang, swept my team, and I lost. So yeah. First loss of the run. I didn't want to rely on Revives, so took risks and it didn't pay off.

I made a few preparations, mainly I taught Infernape ThunderPunch, and swapped Heracross for Toxicroak. So second try! (not before getting lost at the Distortion World, though xD) Infernape destroyed the Houndoom with Close Combat, and he went for Gyarados straight away. I didn't want to eat the Intimidate, so I sent Toxicroak. It survived the Earthquake with 10 HP, but not the Ice Fang that came right after it. He weakened Gyara with Poison Jab and Sucker Punch, though, so Infernape finished it off with ThunderPunch!

ZNmaUAk.png

Crobat was next, so I again sent Lucario. This time his Air Slash made me flinch twice, forcing me to heal. At least after the second flinch I outsped him, thanks to Steadfast. I finally beat it with 2 Psychics (he didn't switch out this time!) Honchkrow was next, and it survived my Close Combat, destroying Lucario with Psychic. I sent Machamp to beat it with Ice Punch, but he hit me with a critical Drill Peck :(. So Infernape had to finish the job himself, with Thunderpunch. Finally, Weavile's Fake Out triggered my Gallade's Steadfast, so I outsped it and destroyed it with Drain Punch. At last! Cyrus fell!

Hpw6MiP.png

After this I went to fight Giratina. Back when I was a kid, I remember catching this Pokémon was a nightmare, even though I absolutely loved (and still do) the battle theme. I remember it well, I was at my grandfather's house and there I spent the whole morning trying to catch Giratina xD. This time around, though, after suffering some big damage in my team to put him in red, the second Dusk Ball caught it. :)

After this I went to the nearest Pokémon Center in Veilstone (didn't have Fly in my team) and saved my game. Next update we'll go for the final badge!

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 7.

Current Location: Veilstone City.

Number of losses: 1

Last edited:

Newfi Cheese

It's Newfi Cheese!
Years
Alright, this one is sort of a double post. I'm both ending my AS run and starting my B2 run. After Tate and Liza I took down Kyogre with Screwball the Magneton, and evolved Panzer into an Aggron. Most of Wallace's mons were easy to take down, except for Whiscash which was actually difficult, had to use Heracles the Skarmory to actually hurt it. Taking down Wallace is fantastic for me though, because I can finally get to New Mauville and evolve Screwball into Magnezone, then Olmec into Probopass. This is as big as my team gets though, so I'm ready to take on the Elite Four Sidney is laughably easy, since a lot of his mons have secondary typings I can demolish. Phobe was probably the most difficult of the Elite Four. Took me 3 tries to actually take her out, since the only super effective move I have is Night Slash on Heracles, and her team has a lot of coverage. Glacia is a joke for my team obviously, next. Drake was pretty tough. Altaria and Salamence can be taken out with rock type moves, but the rest of his team is rough! I had to do some heal spamming to make it through and whittle them down. Finally, Steven. Yikes this fight was difficult! First of all, I drastically underestimated his teams levels. My highest level was only at around 54 or 55. Aggron, Cradily and Armaldo were pretty easy to take out, but the rest were nuts. I had no way to kill Skarmory, so I just had to slowly kill it as it set up and whittled me down. For Claydol, I had to surf it down with Panzer and just hope it's Earth Power doesn't instakill me. Metagross was last up, and I sac'd both Heracles and Screwball to revive Panzer and Olmec to desperately try to Earthquake it down. I ended up living with Olmec at 24 health. Overall, a fun run, maybe a little lacking in diversity, but now onto B2

Now I'm gonna kinda go through B2 pretty fast. Picked Oshawott as my starter and nabbed Vegeta the Riolu in Flocessy Ranch. Cheren was easy after getting Force Palm. After that, I grab Magneto the Magnemite and then take out Roxie using op early game Sonic Boom. After beating Plasma in the Sewers I caught Bottles the Drilbur. After taking out Burgh, Vegeta evolved into Lucario and Elesa got taken out pretty easily. That's all for now, new updates probably pretty soon

Attachments

• IMG_20190922_213557.jpg
    IMG_20190922_213557.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20190922_213550.jpg
    IMG_20190922_213550.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190922_213547.jpg
    IMG_20190922_213547.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190922_213553.jpg
    IMG_20190922_213553.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 1
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Forum User Name: Dadkota
Game(s): FireRed/Gold/Ruby/Platinum/Black/X/US
Pokémon Type: Fire
Single/Ultimate: Ultimate

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Chapter 1 of the Ultimate Fire Monotype Challenge
Total Progress: 6/64 Badges
Summary
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
i needed something to do today. and with a certain program properly functional now, i should be able to play an ultimate challenge. might be nice to see my name on that first post after so many years (i did bug and psychic back in gen 6 and left fire and ground incomplete fsr)

i'll see if i can find where i left off in heartgold though i did have Red complete as far as i remember. ground ahoy!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 5, 2021
this will be interesting, wish me luck lol

Forum User Name: yurinator557
Game(s): LeafGreen, Heart Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Sun
Pokémon Type: Psychic
Single/Ultimate: Ultimate

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Macho's Grounded Johto Journeys. Part 3:

So this was a strange one, picking up where i left off i was a bit underlevelled and steelix was still level 7. got him up to level 20 through battling as many trainers as i could. beat the gym easy enough, along with:

VS Silver
this one was fairly easy, steelix took out gastly with rock throw after a curse, then switched out for Quagsire against Magnemite, mud shot took it down in one hit. Steelix took out zubat and quagsire came back in to finish off quilava.

after the trainers, Morty was far too tough for me. gengar swept my whole team. so i ignored him and went onto olivine, training up as i went. climbed the lighthouse and met Jasmine, Geodude evolved and Nidorino learned horn attack, so i thought nows as good a time as any for that moon stone. and Nidoking ahoy.

Went back to face:

VS Leader Morty
Steelix took down gastly, tried to do something against gengar but missed a rock tomb and got 2 shot by shadow ball. took out Nidoking with hypnosis and some shadow balls too. then i had an epiphany, Quagsire recently learned amnesia. took a shadow ball, amnesia, another one, amnesia, a third, amnesia, healed up. he annoyed me a bit with hypnosis but 4 surfs finally put him down, stayed in against haunter, it cursed me and died to surf, killing me in the process. last was Graveler against Haunter, hypnosis was annoying, but he wasted a turn using nightmare when using dream eater twice wouldve KOd me, on turn 3 i woke up, used rock blast and hit 1,2,3 times and finished the fight...just barely.

Current Team
Spoiler:

Current Badges
75px-Zephyr_Badge.png
Hive_Badge.png
75px-Plain_Badge.png
75px-Fog_Badge.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 5, 2021
So, to start with: In LeafGreen, you cannot get any Psychic types before the 1st gym.

Brock - dispatched quickly with my Bulbasaur.
Rival 2 - caught a Geodude to clear him out the way.

Once I found one, I caught my first Psychic type, an Abra. I'm not very good at coming up with nicknames, so I shall leave his name unchanged for now. If you can think of names, please do tell me.
I wasn't exactly clear on the rules, so please forgive me for this, but I switch trained this Abra up to level 14, used the 2 available Rare Candies on it and then it evolved into Kadabra.
From that point onwards, I only used Kadabra until I got through Route 25, spoke to Bill, went down to Route 11 and caught my next Pokemon, a Drowzee. Again, bad with nicknames so none for now.
I got them both up to Level 21 through grinding and using the last available Rare Candy on Kadabra. Now that my preparation is complete, I went to face the Gym.

The 2 trainers in the gym were swept with my Drowzee, so they were no problem.
I may have beaten those 2 trainers with ease, but I was worried about Misty's Starmie, so I bought some potions and status items (even though I technically didn't need them, but they're nice to have)

Now for the main event:

VS Misty​

I was slightly afraid of Misty's Starmie going into this fight, due to it also being part Psychic, making it resistant to other Psychic type moves. It turns out that I didn't need to worry.

Round 1: Kadabra vs Staryu

Staryu went down to a single Psybeam. Huh. Thought that would have taken a bit more. Anyways, time for the Pokemon I'd been dreading:

Round 2: Kadabra vs Starmie

I hit her Starmie with a Psybeam, the strongest move on my Kadabra at the moment, but it took only about 1/4 of its health away.
It retaliates with a Water Pulse, taking out a considerable chunk of my health and confusing me first try. Because of course it did
Went for another Psybeam. Got lucky and hit with it, taking it to yellow health.
Starmie goes for a Swift this time. Due to Kadabra's physical defense being abysmal, he takes a lot of damage, dropping to 9 HP.
Go for one more Psybeam. Somehow, it hits through the confusion again AND CRITS, KNOCKING IT OUT! I was entirely sure I'd be losing Kadabra on that turn and was prepared to switch over to Drowzee, but I guess not.

And with that, I now have 2 Kanto badges. The journey to become an Ultimate Champion begins now.
Sorry if these posts turn out to be boring, I'm not exactly a wordsmith.

Years
Busy with my job, it's been a while since my last update. But I have played a bit so let's show I am still alive with this with a small update!

4. Pokémon Platinum Fighting Monotype update No. 8: An electrifying battle!

So, all I had to do now after catching Giratina and beating Team Galactic was getting the eighth badge! Before that, I went to catch Uxie and Azelf (too lazy to go for Mesprit as well). Uxie was relatively easy, but Azelf wasn't, it required a few resets, but in the end I caught it.

With all that done, I went to Sunyshore City for the last badge. After speaking with the E4 member, and talking to Volkner in the Lighthouse, I explored the water route above me, to train a little before the battle, and then I challenged the gym! I made a few preparations, most notably, I taught Toxicroak Earthquake to have the move in the team and hurt Electric-types.

So, battle with Volkner; Toxicroak VS Jolteon! My strategy soon got shattered into pieces, as my Pokémon couldn't beat Jolteon with one Earthquake, and after a Hyper Potion and a Charge Beam which raised his Special Attack, he got a crit with the next Charge Beam and destroyed Toxicroak. Heracross finished the Jolteon off. Then I was the lucky one, as Machamp destroyed Luxray with a single critical Cross Chop! This was important, as all my Pokémon are male, so his Luxray with the ability Rivalry was dangerous. Gallade fell to Electivire (I expected him to survive after the Drain Punch I used, but it was not the case and ThunderPunch took me down). However, he got weakened enough to be destroyed with Infernape's Close Combat. I did the same vs Raichu. With Focus Blast + Quick Attack he beat Lucario, but suffered damage, so Infernape's Close Combat finished the battle! Yes! 8 badges!

After this fight I got the HM07, which I taught to Bibarel, and got ready for the Victory Road. Again leaving Heracross behind :(. So next update, hopefully I won't take too long and will talk about the Victory Road and probably the first try vs Elite Four (I assume it's gonna be really hard to beat it in one try with this team...)

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 8.

Current Location: Sunyshore City.

Number of losses: 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I have kept going, and challenged the E4!

4. Pokémon Platinum Fighting Monotype update No. 9: A Psychic nightmare!

Having now all the badges, I went to Victory Road, which was mostly easy, an annoying double battle vs Staraptor and Ambipom was the only struggle. The fact that the last trainer before the end of the cave has Gible and Swablu is quite funny...

Before challenging the E4, I had to fight my rival. Staraptor as always was a problem. He beat Lucario with a Close Combat. He was weakened with Aura Sphere, however, so Infernape easily finished the job.Heracross returned to the team and destroyed Empoleon easily with Close Combat. As Rapidash used Sunny Day, my Infernape with ThunderPunch + Close Combat destroyed it. Snorlax was easy with another Close Combat from Heracross. And then it was Heracross VS Heracross! Same level as well! Fortunately mine was faster and beat the opponent with a single Aerial Ace. Finally, still in Sunny Day conditions, my Infernape destroyed Roserade with Flamethrower.

Some preparations were made before E4! I grinded everyone up to lv 54, and I taught my Pokémon a few new moves and changed some held items. However, I made a mistake, as I thought Machamp's Payback was a level up move, and it wasn't, so no way to remember it, sadly... :/

With all this done, it was time to start the E4 challenge! Aaron was first. Infernape easily destroyed Yanmega. Next up was Drapion. I sent Toxicroak. He forced me to heal, as his Sitrus Berry healed him and his Aerial Aces did some damage, but in the end with Earthquake my Pokémon prevailed. Finally, Infernape destroyed both Scizor and Vespiquen with Flamethrower, and again, in the Heracross VS Heracross battle, mine won with Aerial Ace.

jyhGpLH.png

Bertha was next! My Heracross started with a crit Brick Break and destroyed the Whiscash. Gliscor left my Machamp with 11 HP after 2 Earthquakes, but even though she healed, my Ice Punches ended up beating her Pokémon. As I have Choice Specs on Infernape, Hippowdon was easy, a single Grass Knot was enough! And the same fate awaited to Golem and Rhyperior, so Bertha was defeated!

Next up was Flint! My Machamp easily endured Houndoom's Flamethrower before beating it with Revenge. Rapidash's Bounce left me with 1 HP! He endured my Rock Slide as well, and then we both healed. He went for Sunny Day and SolarBeam, I don't know why, so I had an easy time using Rock Slide and Revenge. And then battle of the Infernapes! Same level as well!

eH1BiNj.png

His was faster and went for Earthquake, while I used Close Combat. Both survived, and then he went for Mach Punch, leaving me with 5 HP! So my final Close Combat finished the job! Magmortar was next. He survived my Infernape's Close Combat and took it down, and then outsped Toxicroak and destroyed it with Hyper Beam. Fortunately, Gallade with Psycho Cut finished him off. And another miracle against his last Pokémon, Flareon! My Machamp survived his Overheat with 1 HP, and OHKOed it with Revenge!

1gu8vTO.png

Time for the scariest fight of the game so far, a Psychic-type specialist in the E4, Lucian! Mr. Mime managed to set up Light Screen, before falling to Heracross' Shadow Claw. Next up was Espeon. He beat Gallade with 2 Shadow Ball, which is a problem, as with Lucario he is my only Pokémon neutral to Psychic attacks. Fortunately, he was weakened, so Toxicroak with Sucker Punch finished it off. And good timing, his Light Screen finished, and he sent Bronzong, so my Infernape had a free kill there with Flamethrower. Alakazam was next. He survived my Toxicroak's Sucker Punch with barely any HP, and after he healed he survived Heracross' Shadow Claw as well with almost no HP! He then swept my team with Psychic and Focus Blast for Lucario. So I lost. I saved the game and began thinking of ways to deal with this tough opponent.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Current Location: Pokémon League.

Number of losses: 2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Been a while - almost a month. I had a new position pull me in for Real Life, so I'm kind of learning to juggle that, first and foremost. It's all good - just puts a little bit slower push to my runs here.

So, as of the start of this update, I had a level 13 Beautifly, having swapped Gust in overtop of Harden. But I'm here in Rustboro, having very quickly moved my way through Petalburg. And that means GYM TIME!

Honestly, I know I have Absorb, so it's not going to be super hard. But I'm going to do as much grinding as I can, so every trainer is going to lose to me.

Younger Josh's Geodude goes down to one Absorb. Of course, having just walked straight up to him, he's now blocking the way after the battle. Have to walk down and around to get to Tommy. I click a little too fast and use Tackle, but he uses Mud Sport in response. Interestingly, Tackle did about 1/3 of the Geodude's health. One use of Absorb later = knocked out Geodude and Level 14. Another use of Absorb = battle over. Rinse and repeat for the Geodude for the Hiker. Honestly, is this a gym or just a get together for Geodude?

"Would you demonstrate how you battle with...Bugs?"

Roxanne. Geodude L12 comes out, and Absorb knocks it down to like 2 HP. However, it retaliates with Rock Throw, taking me all the way down to 1 HP. Yay. Roxanne uses a Potion, and I use absorb. I'm back up to 12 HP. This isn't good. However, I do get to level 15 from knocking it out. Seeing how close I was to defeating the Geodude the first time gives me hope that the level will give me the boost in stats to knock out THIS new Geodude in a OHKO...

...which it thankfully does. I'm only up to 30 HP, though. Pulling up Bulbapedia, I feel a little relief seeing Nosepass only has Tackle and Rock Tomb, so I might pull this off...but I use Absorb and it only takes him down to about 80%, and then I die in one hit.

Just great. My first thought is to go for Stun Spore at level 17 and see if that helps with the Nosepass. But it's then that I remember that Route 116 is just north-east, and I can pick up a Nicada there. That's my next Bug-type on the journey, and it has the added benefit of learning Sand Attack at 9. A few battles and there it is, and at Level 7. I pick it up and off we go to level it up.

I plan on getting it up to level 12 or 13 before trying Roxanne again. However, it's already late by the time I got started, so I didn't get too far.

Spr_3e_267.png

L16 M Beautifly
Tackle
Absorb String Shot
Poison Sting
Gust Harden

Spr_3e_290.png

L09 M Nincada
Scratch
Harden
Leech Life
Sand-Attack

Last edited:
Years
Important update! Let's go!!

4. Pokémon Platinum Fighting Monotype update No. 10: Step by step going further!

Last update, I played vs the E4 for the first time and lost to Lucian. So I went back to Lucian, with very easy 3 battles before him, doing mostly the same as before, with a few changes now that I fully know their teams, to make the battles easier (I didn't lose a single Pokémon). For Lucian I gave Toxicroak the BlackGlasses and Heracross a Spell Tag, hopefully Alakazam can die now.

So again, Heracross vs Mr. Mime. This time the first Shadow Claw was enough. Heracross leveled up and learnt Megahorn, so no Shadow Claw now (at least Spell Tag secured the ko on Mr. Mime I guess). Espeon was next. Heracross survived the Psychic with 1 HP! … but missed the Megahorn and died to Quick Attack. I sent Gallade, and put him in red. However, as his Shadow Ball was going to beat me, I had to send Lucario to take it. Unfortunately, after this he went for a crit Psychic, beating Lucario. Toxicroak with Sucker Punch finished off this nightmare of an Espeon. Nothing to say on Bronzong vs Infernape, it was the same outcame as before. Alakazam was next! This time Sucker Punch, thanks to BlackGlasses, was enough! So just Gallade remained. I sent my burnt Machamp, who stood the Psycho Cut and hit him with Revenge, before falling to the burn damage. Infernape was my option, and it worked! He survived the Psycho Cut with very little HP, and with 2 Flamethrowers beat the Gallade after the heal! I guess the Choice Specs + Blaze boost helped here. So finally!! Lucian beaten!

DZlLxUI.png

So, the final challenge, Cynthia! Spritomb vs Infernape! Psychic did a lot, but Flamethrower destroyed the ghost with 2 hits. Next up was Milotic. She allowed me to set up 2 Swords Dances with Gallade, going for Mirror Coat and Surf, and then my Close Combat killed. Togekiss was next. Sadly it outsped and beat Gallade with Air Slash. Now I am in trouble, this mon is annoying for my team. She outsped and beat Lucario with a single Aura Sphere, and then survived Heracross' Close Combat and koed me with Air Slash. My Infernape beat it with Close Combat.

And now, Garchomp… She beat my Machamp with a few Dragon Rushes. She never missed, and in the turn she went for Flamethrower, I took the gamble of not healing and Dragon Rush beat me. Ice Punch didn't do enough. She then swept Toxicroak and Infernape with Earthquake, so I lost, AGAIN!

But I was not going to give up! I got back there, with similar battles to before, and I repeated my strategy from before, beating Togekiss, Spiritomb and Milotic the same way, only losing Heracross this time in the process, and again, Garchomp was her next Pokémon. But I had an ace up my sleeve. My Machamp was burnt, so Guts was activated! Thanks Flint! Now I stood the Dragon Rush from her, and a single Ice Punch destroyed the Dragon! I have been wishing all the run I had No Guard instead of Guts, but I can't say I reject Guts now! Roserade was next, and it was an easy kill for Gallade with Psycho Cut, enduring her Sludge Bomb. So time for her last Pokémon, Lucario!!

vKR9n1l.png

Now, Lucario Vs Lucario, hers was faster and killed mine with Aura Sphere (seriously, my Lucario has been total trash in the Pokémon League) She also beat my Toxicroak while I healed Infernape, who was damaged. I didn't want to risk the ExtremeSpeed range and lose this. I sent Infernape and destroyed Lucario with Close Combat! SO I AM THE CHAMPION! And NO REVIVES were used during battles. Here is the Hall of Fame!!

44XxM8K.png
i2mgNPn.png

Challenge is not over, though, as I'll do the same as with Sigma Emerald and HeartGold, I'll go for the E4 rematches now, not before exploring the places the National Dex opens and taking the ship in Snowpoint City! I have learnt though that E4 rematches are very underwhelming, with Pokémon having just higher levels but the exact same movesets... Will still go for them, though.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Current Location: Twinleaf Town.

Number of losses: 3.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 5, 2021
Like I said in the other post, I'm not good at making these kinds of posts up, so I just skipped out on making them.

Finished off LeafGreen last night.

Can't post images due to not making enough posts so I'll list my final team for this game here:

Code:
Vincent (Alakazam) (M)
IVs: 19 HP / 9 Atk / 11 Def / 20 SpD / 1 Spe
EVs: 26 HP / 144 Atk / 105 Def / 35 SpA / 28 SpD / 172 Spe
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 61
Timid Nature
- Shock Wave
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Psybeam

Code:
Jarvis (Slowbro) (M)
IVs: 2 HP / 10 Atk / 9 Def / 4 SpA / 15 SpD / 9 Spe
EVs: 23 HP / 104 Atk / 80 Def / 17 SpA / 27 SpD / 100 Spe
Ability: Oblivious
Level: 60
Quiet Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Strength
- Ice Beam

Code:
Danny (Exeggutor) (M)
IVs: 29 HP / 13 Atk / 29 Def / 17 SpA / 11 SpD / 11 Spe
EVs: 30 HP / 166 Atk / 109 Def / 39 SpA / 28 SpD / 91 Spe
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naughty Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Confusion
- Return

Code:
MIMIEN (Mr. Mime) (M)
IVs: 20 HP / 15 Atk / 17 Def / 23 SpA / 22 SpD / 24 Spe
EVs: 36 HP / 55 Atk / 70 Def / 24 SpA / 12 SpD / 124 Spe
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Thief
- Psychic
- Magical Leaf
- Psybeam

Code:
ZYNX (Jynx) (F)
IVs: 18 HP / 17 Atk / 18 Def / 25 SpA / 21 SpD / 22 Spe
EVs: 15 HP / 71 Atk / 67 Def / 12 SpA / 14 SpD / 81 Spe
Ability: Oblivious
Mild Nature
- Psychic
- Powder Snow
- Body Slam
- Ice Punch

Code:
Kim (Hypno) (M)
IVs: 29 HP / 23 Atk / 9 Def / 28 SpA / 1 SpD / 29 Spe
EVs: 31 HP / 158 Atk / 112 Def / 39 SpA / 29 SpD / 133 Spe
Ability: Insomnia
Naive Nature
- Secret Power
- Psychic
- Brick Break
- Confusion

Region 1 of 7 is down. Next game: Heart Gold. Whenever I'm able to add images, I will put my LeafGreen hall of fame picture in.
Also, I did go with nicknames in the end. Named them after friends and top-level Guitar Hero players lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 30, 2020
Forum User Name: Eolith
Game(s): Emerald
Pokémon Type: Ground
Single/Ultimate: Single

Last edited:

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 12, 2020
hi im still active! just kinda very unmotivated. ill try to do another update soon, still at skyla's gym, which i doubt will be fun.

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 12, 2020
black 2 grass run update #6 oh my god i havent updated since july
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back