• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Announcement!

So, the first Poll was a bust because it came out to be an exact tie. I started a second poll, and now we have an answer! Via landslide victory 9-2, Exp Share is now allowed in Monotypes of all generations. I would ask that people refrain from abusing it, however, as it can lead to your team getting a little too far ahead if you're not careful. Turning it off periodically is highly recommended, although I really can't enforce something like that. Have fun playing your monotypes, everyone!

THANK YOU. My team's been very fluctuating in levels on X Poison run. My highest is Lv. 38 and my lowest is around Lv. 29, so this will help a lot.

Speaking of which, I might as well go ahead and post my progress while I'm here. (This has been my collective work throughout the summer really, I wish I could have done more :/)

Badges: 5

Team:
    Spoiler:

Hopefully, now I'll be able to update more often. But if not oh well :/

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #2: Steel - Platinum
    Got all 8 badges, so it's almost finished.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    The Monotype Challenge

Skipper the Mild Empoleon (M) @ Lv.50
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: NeverMeltIce
    Flash Cannon, Metal Claw, Ice Beam, Surf
    The Monotype Challenge

Malcho the Naughty Steelix (M) @ Lv.50
    Ability: Sturdy
    Item: Wide Lens
    Fire Fang, Crunch, Iron Tail, Slam
    The Monotype Challenge

Clockwork the Serious Bronzong (/) @ Lv.50
    Ability: Levitate
    Item: Mind Plate
    Gyro Ball, Earthquake, Psychic, Faint Attack
    The Monotype Challenge

Shingo the Naive Scizor (M) @ Lv.50
    Ability: Technician
    Item: SilverPowder
    Wing Attack, Night Slash, Slash, X-Scissor
    The Monotype Challenge

Zero the Lonely Magnezone (/) @ Lv.50
    Item: Iron Ball
    Tri Attack, Magnet Rise, Discharge, Magnet Bomb
    The Monotype Challenge

Pluto the Careful Lucario (M) @ Lv.50
    Ability: Steadfast
    Item: Fist Plate
    Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Close Combat

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    5th Update, Water Challenge, Ruby:
    -Treked back through the sandstorm area, Meteor Falls, Fiery Path, etc, to get those out of the way and stuff. I had actually forgotten to pick up the Meteorite after defeating Maxie, so I had to run back to the top of Mt.Chimney to get it, and I learned, after beating Ruby 4 times previously, that there's trainers up there to battle after Team Magma leaves XD

-Cleared the 2nd and 3rd Trick House challenges. The Trick Master sure is in love with himself.....

-Made my way back to Petalburg in order to beat Norman's gym. This one was less easy since I lacked Fighting and Ghost pokes/moves, but it wasn't bad. Abused Growl against his first Slaking (lol), and Protect against his second one. So that's 5 badges now.

-And after beating him, he's like "You should go home to your mother sometimes. As for me, I'll stay here and redouble my training". Dad. DAD. Get yer ass back home. I have important world saving and counter-ecoterrorsim things to do. You don't. Go spend a little time with your wife goddammit.

-Then I went next door to pick up the Surf HM from Wally's father. When he was giving it to me, he's like "now, this isn't a bribe", which means he's totally bribing me. But bribing me for what? Sexual favors? Not happening man.

Current Badges:
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge

Current Team:
    The Monotype Challenge
    Mudkipz

The Monotype Challenge
    Trumpets

The Monotype Challenge
    Lord Jelly

The Monotype Challenge
    Mr. Slave

Years
  • Ta-da! Completed my Fire Red Omega Normal monotype and all I can say is Never. Again. This run was so so so painful >_> You can see in the video that I was quite overleveled and yet champion was still hard to beat .-. 248.gi

Anyways video of the champion fight :o

Spoiler:

(Excuse me for coughing but I've been sick for few days now and my throat hurts a lot D: The recorder messed up and picked up the mike sounds aswell even though it wasn't supposed to do that >_>

Here is my final team:

The Monotype Challenge

Hedwig|Female|Lax Nature|Keen Eye|Lvl 86
    Take Down
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Fly

The Monotype Challenge

Lina|Female|Hardy Nature|Pickup|Lvl 86
    Slash
    Surf
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam

The Monotype Challenge

Ben|Male|Modest Nature|Inner Focus|Lvl 86
    Thunderbolt
    Strength
    Crunch
    Psybeam

The Monotype Challenge

Alice|Female|Bashful Nature|Run Away|Lvl 85
    Slam
    Surf
    Flamethrower
    Cut

The Monotype Challenge

Rosy|Female|Careful Nature|Intimidate|Lvl 85
    Fire Blast
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Crunch

The Monotype Challenge

Po|Male|Adamant Nature|Own Tempo|Lvl 86
    Dizzy Punch
    Psybeam
    Faint Attack
    Brick Break​

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Forum User Name: Rarevalo92
    Pokémon Type: Normal, Water, Ice, Psychic
    Challenge Type: Singles
    Game(s): Fire Red, Emerald, Black, White 2
    Previous Progress:No

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    e4 round 1:
    Spoiler:

1 down 3 more e4 to go

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Update #1: Monotype Fire Red: Normal

I had just beaten Erika and destroyed everyone in the Cycling Road.
    I am currently in Fuschia City and I am about to go on route 15 to clear out all the trainers.
    To train my new pokemon to get ready for Koga and Saffron City.

My Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    Pokemon Lineup:
    Spoiler:
    Champion log
    Spoiler:

just got the big cheese left
    AZ Battle Log
    Spoiler:

AZ is defeated quite easilly.....
    and thats it for pokemon X i'll pick back up with Blaze Black soon.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Completed the Fairy type on Y. It was very rewarding to say the least. My final team was Whimsicott, Granbull, Togekiss, Florges, Mawile and Azumarill. In the end they were within the 65-70 mark. I wasn't going to evolve floette, but it kept fainting so evolved her into Florges for some good old bulk.

Years
  • Hey everyone, I'd like to reopen my challenge considering the fact that I've been gone for about 2 years now lol. So ya, I've DL'd a emulator on phone and ready to continue on with Gen II. Well I'll post my info again so it'll be on this thread, but I'm gonna make a slight tweak by changing the fact that instead of doing soul silver I'm going to be doing crystal version.

Username :wubwubwubwub
    Challenge: Ultimate
    Games: LF>C>E>Pt>W
    Pokemon: Grass >:|

So for the first part of this:
    -Well I picked Chikorita (of course) and I named him Mints
    -Now I'm grinding him in order to take on Falkner

The Team
    Lvl. 1 Mints the Chikorita
    The Monotype Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Pokemon Fire Red Monotype Challenge: Normal Update 2 (Completion)

Just defeat the Elite 4. I was under leveled and it was tough but my Pokemon pushed through.

Spoiler:

-Fighting Lorielle was pretty tough and her Slowbro and Lapras gave me a harder time than I thought. But in the end with the team of Bamboo my Persian and Big Momma my Kangaskhan I defeat her fairly easily. Bamboo destroyed Dewgong and Cloyster and defeat Slowbro with one hyper potion and nearly fainting but over came Slowbro with a flinching Bite following with a critical Bite. Then Switch over to Big Momma who OHKO'd Jynx and took two hyper potions and getting fainted by Lapras who was at half health. Then Bulls-Eye came in and thrashed his way to victory.

-Then came Brawly who was arguably the easiest to beat (How Ironic) even though my pokemon were under leveled and normal typing. Bamboo OHKO'd his Onyx with a Water Pulse, then Tweetsy (Pidgeot), came in and destroyed Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. But got OHKO'd herself by Machamp's Cross Chop. Then Bucky (Raticate) Came in and landed a Super Fang on Machamp and halved his health. He was then fainted by a Cross Chop, so I bring in Tweetsy to finish him off with a Fly. Brawly then uses his last Onyx who also get OHKO'd by Bamboo's Water Pulse.

-Agatha was also pretty easy, not as easy as Brawly and not as hard as Lorielle. Considering she had Ghost pokemon half of her moves were pointless with my team. All it took was Bamboo and PeterGrffn (Snorlax), to defeat her. Bamboo defeated the first Gengar with 3 Bites. Then defeats Crobat with 4 Shockwaves. Then I switch to PeterGrffn to take out Arbok with a critical Earthquake. Then Bamboo defeats Haunter with two Bites. Then comes the little challenge the Hypnosis hacks Gengar. This Gengar get putting Bamboo to sleep and used a Full Restore after 3 Bites. Then It lands a Critical Sludge Bomb Which leaves Bamboo with 3 health and a Poison. So Bamboo faints and I use PeterGrffn to finish Gengar off with 4 Psychics. In the end I won but Bamboo was fainted and PeterGrffn was poisoned with 19 health left.

-Then I fight Pain in the Ass Lance. lets just say 4 pokemon fainted and I used 7 hyper potions and 1 full restore to not drag this I will simplify what happened.
    Spoiler:

-Then the battle with my Rival which dragged as well basically one with only Tweetsy left at 9 health again thank god for quick attack.
    Spoiler:

My Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Now to start my Monotype Emerald (Water) team

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Update #3: Steel - Platinum
    Done.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    The Monotype Challenge

Skipper the Mild Empoleon (M) @ Lv.58
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: Quick Claw
    Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Surf, Drill Peck
    The Monotype Challenge

Malcho the Naughty Steelix (M) @ Lv.56
    Item: Wide Lens
    Fire Fang, Crunch, Iron Tail, Stone Edge
    The Monotype Challenge

Clockwork the Serious Bronzong (/) @ Lv.55
    Ability: Levitate
    Item: Mind Plate
    Gyro Ball, Earthquake, Psychic, Faint Attack
    The Monotype Challenge

Shingo the Naive Scizor (M) @ Lv.56
    Ability: Technician
    Item: SilverPowder
    Wing Attack, Night Slash, Iron Head, X-Scissor
    The Monotype Challenge

Zero the Lonely Magnezone (/) @ Lv.55
    Item: Iron Ball
    Tri Attack, Magnet Rise, Discharge, Gyro Ball
    The Monotype Challenge

Pluto the Careful Lucario (M) @ Lv.55
    Ability: Steadfast
    Item: Fist Plate
    Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, ExtremeSpeed

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Ultimate Ghost Monotype X Update:
    -defeated Serena in Coumarine City
    -Honedge evolved into Doublade
    -defeated Ramos
    -defeated Clemont

Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    No reason I can't start another run right?
    Username: HeatedFennekin
    Pokémon Type: Grass
    Challenge Type: Single
    Game(s): Crystal

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    I managed to beat blaze black's 7th gym leader just barely. The double battle with blizzard spamming left my Pokemon very brittle but I power housed through them with my venusaur ending the battle with only 11 HP. I'll head for the next gym soon but I'd like to add that this harder remake of black is more annoying than hard with all the trainers having like 3-5 Pokemon each. But the gym battles are lots of fun and a lot harder.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • i guess i should update on my Platium Fire Monotype run and say that even after a lot of grinding, fantina and her (CENSORED) Mismagius keep kicking my behind, dosent help that my monferno is slower than it even while 2 levels higher and ponyta can barely dent it while being 2HKOd by shadow ball, i'm digging around the underground for a fire stone to see if i cant get flareon already, failing that more grinding.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    Once again a close battle but my tentacruel pulled through in the end and I got the final badge, soon I'll have the E4 defeated. I'll update when I get there. For my poison monotype blaze black I've defeated 8/8 gym leaders

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • That would be Sandile on Route 4, which can be accessed as soon as you're in Castelia City.

In White 2 it would be Sandile, yes. However, if you have Black 2, you can also trade/hack in a Numel since it's a White 2 exclusive.
    For the record, you can also find Drillbur and Onix in the Relic Tunnel underneath Castelia City.

jdthebud said:
    Also, any chance I could get my name on the Champions list somewhere? Even if it's just as "Gen V Champ" for all my types...
    I would really like to, I would, but then I would have to let anyone on who only had gen 5 stuff on the list. I can offer you a place with all your completed games in the Ultimate Challenges section, so it's at least shown somewhere that you did all that. But otherwise I would have to do some thinking for an alternative.

Years
  • Hey, I think that I just noticed a mistake :o In the champion list it shows that I completed dark monotype on Ruby, which I don't think that I have completed just yet - I did finish normal monotype on FireRed omega few days ago - maybe that's what you wanted to add?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back