• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
Pokemon Soul Silver Fire Monotype Ep 9 Pryce Pryce Baby.

After my dismal failure last time, I start of with grinding, LOTS of grinding. I will not stop until all my pokemon are level 33, the same lavel as Jasmines ace. I will not fall so easily this time, and with a type advantage a victory should be surefire!

Well the level 33 was a bit overkill, so I stopped at level 31, close enough.

I decide to lead off with Nickelback, I eat a Thunderbolt, and go down immediately............. I switch in Metallica, and use Flame Wheel, and eat a T-wave in return, Jasmine uses a Hyper Potion, and I weaken Magnemite yet again with another Flame Wheel, another Hyper Potion, another Flame Wheel, eat a Thunderbolt, and finish off the Magnemite. Fir Steelix, I swap out into AC/DC, since her Flamethrower is the most powerful move I have. AND A CRIT, one hit, AC/DC comes through like a champ! I keep her in aganst the last magnemite, and burn it into a crisp too. Mineral Badge GET!

I also get TM23 Iron Tail, and now I can go off to Mahogany town. A hiker bumps into me, and gives me strength, which I teach to LinconPark. I cut down a tree and go see suicune, and get met by Eusine, called by liz, find a Max Potion by a rock, register the phone number of a fisherman, an go to the lake of rage. On the way I get mugged for 1K, get told Mikail was up here, and decide to go aftr the Gyrados! I may not be able to use it during my challenge, but I can catch it for the heck of it.

I catch the Gyrados, name it Big Red, obtain the red scale, and talk to lance, Lance recruits me to check ut the suspicious old shack in mahogany to find the source of the radio waves forcing magikarp to evolve. I heal up and go into the shack, Lance Hyper beams his way into the base. I get a few useless items, TM49 snatch, and work on evolving my Quilava. I learn Lava Plume along da wey, and just as expected, I meet my rival Mikail, but no battle...... I obtain TM46 Theif, and find Giovanni........ Nah, just Petrel who goes down easily, not worth a recap, just Lava Plume spam. A Murkrow helps me in the door so I can stop the Electrode, BUT then come Ariana tries to double team me!

Well, here comes good guy Lance to the rescue. Vulpix handles Drowzee and Arbok, Dragonite wrecks Grimer, and AC/DC falls to a critical. Great...... Metallica finishes the deal, and hits a paralyzed Dragonite as well. Leveling up to level 36. I switch in Nickelback to get XP, expecting the Dragonite to get the KO, Dragonite flies up into the sky, and gets paralyzed, and Nickelback gets the kill. Metallica starts to evolve, right on schedule, and now I have a Typhlosion! TUrns out we need to faint all of the Electrode, I decide to have GunsNRoses take the lead, since he has dig. I obtain HM05 Whirlpool.

I start my tear through the gym, turns out the AI here are smart enough to switch pokemon. I engage pryce, and go stright for headbutt spam, he counters with a hail. Seal dies, I star with dig, does not do much, Piloswine mud bombs me, I start headbutt spamming, get a flinch, switch into LincolnPark, and kill the Piloswine. Dewgong comes in, I miss Fire Punch, eat an Auroua Beam, Fire Punch gets eaten up, I use Confuse Ray, heal up, and time for strength spamming. I start missing every attack, heal up my AC/DC, and sacrifice LincolnPark. I then set up Will-o-Wisp, and confuse ray. THis turn into a stall war, with m using all my potions, Pryce running out of Aroura Beam, this took forever. Eventually I win the stalemate, and get the Glacier badge, thank goodness. That took longer than it needed to!

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
Years
Forum User Name: Lunacrest
Game(s): LeafGreen, Gold, Sapphire
Pokémon Type: Psychic
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single (x3)

Lunacrest

Years
Psychic Monotype Update #1 - LeafGreen - Completed!

LeafGreen was incredibly fun, and I'm thankful for the existence of Running Shoes. Those made the game so much faster. Below is the imgur album to the screenshots!

Last edited:

Lunacrest

Years
Psychic Monotype Update #2 - Gold - Completed!

Frankly, I don't know why I decide to challenge with the Johto games; I seriously can't stand them, and it was weird how I felt almost no attachment to these guys. Imgur link below, and hopefully the order of the images isn't scrambled like LeafGreen was. Anyways, onto Sapphire, and that's usually my quickest game!

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
Bella's Ultimate Fire: Pearl

Spoiler:

[progress-yellow=70][/progress-yellow]

Last edited:
Years
I did a Bug Monotype run through the first five generations, about a year ago. It was fun, but I lost all data since the phone I played it on died (I play on emulators, yes) and I wasn't an active poster here.

I used a random number generator to roll a number between 1 and 18, knowing I probably would have to reroll at 2 (dark), 5 (fairy) and 17 (steel), but I rolled 11, so...

Forum Name: Suon
Game(s): Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black
Pokémon Type: Ground
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: 5x Single (as soon as I can play gen 6 and 7 I'll make it an Ultimate)​

Years

latest

RECLAIMING MY GYM
A GROUND TYPE CHALLENGE
on LeafGreen

PROLOGUE
Spoiler:

EPISODE I: A NEW HOPE
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
I'm signing up! I previously made a thread on the challenge log board but it's better suited to be posted here.

Forum Name: zetsubanx
Game(s): Blue, Gold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, X, Ultra Moon
Type: Normal
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode: Ultimate

Years
Username: Radboy
Game: Omega Ruby
Type: Fairy
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode: Single

ORAS is the hardest game for a Fairy run imo. This is due to a lack of fairy types available and a more difficult early game. Either way, it won't be THAT hard... right?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
Ultimate Normal Monotype - Blue - Update #1
(Note: I restarted the challenge I posted yesterday, hence the deleted post lol.)

Progress
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Part 1: Ralts vs. Hoenn

Spoiler:

Team so far:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
Ultimate Normal Monotype - Blue - Update #2

Progress
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

latest

RECLAIMING MY GYM
A GROUND TYPE CHALLENGE
on LeafGreen

EPISODE II: THE LEADER STRIKES BACK
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
Ultimate Normal Monotype - Blue - Update #3

Progress
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I originally planned to have this part go up to Flannery, but the Ralts run finally got difficult.

Part 2: Minor Difficulty Spike
Spoiler:

Team So Far:
Spoiler:

I also forgot to put this, but back on Route 104 (middle of part 1), my Ralts traced a Zigzagoon's pickup, and both me and the foe picked up two Oran berries each in the middle of battle. Neat.

Years
I'd like to sign up please!

Forum User Name: lillipup03
Game(s): Blue Virtual Console, Silver Virtual Console, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, X, Ultra Moon
Pokémon Type: Ice
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
Ultimate Normal Monotype - Blue - Update #4

Progress
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Years
ICE ULTIMATE - Kalos - Part 1​
So, let's begin! I kind of wanted to do the regions in order, but decided to start with X since it's been a long time since I played through Kalos.

THE PLOT
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

THE TEAM
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
Part 3: Heating Up

Spoiler:

Team so far:
Spoiler:

Status