• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Moral of Hacks

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Acceptable; Shinies, event pokemon

Horribly Wrong: Wondertomb and Pure Power Slaking, on the same wi-fi team

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Acceptable: Shinies, TM's, Rare Candies, Items, 'fair' hacking (31 in all IV's), EV training, getting events/unobtainable Pokémon.

Not Acceptable: 999 stats, 510+ EV's, Wondertomb, Hydro Pump Charizard (yes, I've seen it).

I usually turn a blind eye if the scenario can be achieved if time and patience was spent, like the perfect IV's. Of course, having a Magikarp with Intimidate learn Spacial Rend is a no-no.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Acceptable: hacking pokemon with legal movesets and stats because you are sick of grinding and want to go straight to battling.

Unacceptable: hacking shiny uber teams with 999 in every stat with impossible movesets that can kill anything in one hit.
    *copies*

*pastes*

Acceptable: hacking pokemon with legal movesets and stats because you are sick of grinding and want to go straight to battling.

Unacceptable: hacking shiny uber teams with 999 in every stat with impossible movesets that can kill anything in one hit.

I think I'm done here.

wolfaru

Needs an easier hobby
    Years
  • Acceptable: Hacking to get shinies, TMs, money, Event and Unavailable pokemon, stat-boost items

Unacceptable: Hacking to get Uber-Omega-"why won't this thing fricking DIE?!" Pokemon, Masterballs (I'm ok on this one if it's used sparingly, like only getting one or two more), giving of impossible moves/abilities

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Acceptable: Hacking to get shinies, TMs, money, Event and Unavailable pokemon, stat-boost items, giving of impossible moves/abilities(just for fun/laughs, like that Killer Rattata)

Unacceptable: Hacking to get Uber-Omega-"why won't this thing fricking DIE?!" Pokemon, Masterballs (I'm ok on this one if it's used sparingly, like only getting one or two more)

this is basically how i see it, i also hack for BP cuz face it, they just dont give enough, its really pathetic of nintendo to give us 1-2 for every 7-9battles, and then give us 20 once we beat the frontier brain after 21-40battles >.<
    its basically this:
    nintendo *slaps* we dont care bout your hard work we want you to just buy the damn game
    us O.o"

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    Acceptable: Hacking Pokemon that you can't get natively in your game (Certain legendaries, game exclusives).
    Unacceptable: Hacking Pokemon that have moves that it can't learn natively, or special abilities.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
  • Well, you can tell I'm a hacker from my title, but I stay within legit boundaries. I don't hack stats or Ivs.(I don't even know how.) I don't use Wondertomb or any other ridiculously hacked pokemon. And I keep my pokemon's movesets legit, though I do hack to give them moves that would normally take specific breeding or a move tutor I don't have access to, cause I'm too lazy to do it normally.

Also, I don't hack to get Legendaries...well, bar Shaymin, Darkria, and Arceus. I don't have access to events, so sue me.

Edit:Also, I use the Pokemon Modifier for Ev training, nothing else. It helps a LOT.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Acceptable: Anything that keeps play fair, i.e. shiny codes or something that doesn't effect gameplay at all, giving yourself multiple items (Master Balls though... that's just lame :P) or creating a hard-to-get Pokemon that retains legitimate stats, ability, and moveset.
    Unacceptable: Anything that furthers you in the story without actually having to do what's supposed to happen, or hacking an illegitimate Pokemon (stats too high, hacked moveset, illegitimate ability, etc.).

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Honestly, if you hack "legit" pokemon while keeping them relatively fair, such as not giving them perfect IVs, I'm fine with it. I'll even battle them. But giving yourself that little extra edge then going into battle with them... now that it wrong.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
  • Hacking...just...hacking...

I remember I was AR-happy with my Diamond...now I'm hopelessly confused if my Pokemon can still enter the VGC (I only hacked get all the TMs, no Wondertomb or anything)...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2021
    Acceptable: Hacking Pokemon that you can't get natively in your game (Certain legendaries, game exclusives).
    Unacceptable: Hacking Pokemon that have moves that it can't learn natively, or special abilities.

Similar to this, but it also depends on if you have completed the game and how much etc. Like if you have completed the game 100% before then do what you like but if its your first play through don't go and cheat a team of level 100's

TehBluBlr

He Doesn't Afraid Of Anything
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Acceptable
    - Rare Candying or Multiplying XP AFTER you beat the game.
    - Using those leveled up Pokes in Wi-Fi battles (as long as their stats and moves aren't tampered with in ways you couldn't do without cheats or hacks)
    - Getting Pokes earlier than usual (as long as you can't get them later on)

Not Acceptable
    -Battling online with a party of 6 lv. 100 Arcues' with hacked stats, hacked moves, etc.
    -Using hacks to beat games easier.
    -Using Master Balls on every legendary (the game gave you only one for a reason)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I have an AR, and the only reason I use it is to breed faster. o.o
    So:

Acceptable: Breeding, cloning
    Unacceptable: Maxing EVs/IVs, making pokemon shiny, etc, (pretty much everything else.)

The Red Chain

I think all hacks are poop.. but for the sake of this thread I will try to narrow it down. XD
    Not Acceptable
    - Illegal move-sets
    - Illegal abilities
    - Illegal EVs and IVs
    - Hacks that make shiny Pokemon
    - 58395839 of every item before beating the game
    Acceptable
    - Speed up egg hatching
    - Creating legal teams [Pokesav, ect]
    - Event Pokemon
    As you can see, I'm against most hacks. </3
    I know the shiny hack thing is gonna sound weird to most of you, but shinies are supposed to be special.
    It grinds my nerves above all else when someone hacks one... ;;

Legendmaster#1

Tamer of Legends
    Years
  • So hacking event pokemon are acceptable to you guys? Thats kinda how i have every Legendary up to Gen IV on my diamond version. I got them in a trade from a friend who hacked them. Anyway I know something that is incredibly cheating. 999 sacred ashes.

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
  • Acceptable: Hacking to get pokemon for the sake of a challenge ie the Random Poke challenge, hacking for multiples of TMs if you used it on the wrong pokemon, or didnt think ahead, fast egg hatch

Unacceptable: not legal stats, moves, EVs, etc. pretty much anything that effects it completely

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Acceptable: multible TMs, event legendaries and other pokemon who cant be obtained (eg trade evolutions for people with no wi-fi) and evolution stones

Unnacceptable: wondertomb and wondereye, fake stats, fake movepoole, fake abilities.

im kinda iffy on IVs because it is very complicated and a lot of people cant get their heads round it so they hack for perfect IVs

Back