• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Mossdeep City Space Center

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • So we all know the Space Center in Mossdeep City in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The building in R/S wasn't that special, but it got some adjustments in Emerald and you could actually see a Rocket outside.

The Space Center has little to do with the story line in the R/S/E games, eventhough in Emerald it got a slightly larger role (taken over by Team Magma), there is nothing else with this pretty neat and 'modern' building (come on, something that has to do with space in a Pokemon game? Pretty far-off imo but kinda cool at the same time). They could have done more with the story, that's all. :x

Being the kid I was back in 2003-something, I believed at some point I could actually go into space to catch either Deoxys or Jirachi when I caught more Pokemon over the time (because according to the rumor the indicator of successful launches and eventually to go into space depended on how many Pokemon you have caught). There was a guy inside the Space Center that would indicate (by each day) how many launches were succesful. This depends actually on the weeks that passed by while playing the game after the first Saved file (so after you started a new game).
    Ofcourse this rumor was false, but I guess part of me wanted to believe it and I thought it was kind of a disappointment when this whole Space Center didn't have any purposes, yet I didn't think we could actually go into space in a Pokemon game... It doesn't seem to fit the Pokemon tradition and story imo.

So, what did you guys think of the Space Center (especially in Emerald because it got a larger role in this game and actually had a Rocket)? Did you also think you could get to space eventually and what did you find was disappointing? And do you think they should do something with this in the future (like ORAS), or skip the whole thing?

:)

Years
  • When i was a kid i seriously thought that once you beat the Pokemon league 10 times and played 200 hours of game play you could go on the rocket and catch Jirachi. I did that and was totally disappointed when it didn't work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Just like almost everybody, I thought you would able reach space from here with their rocket. Unfortunately, though, I was wrong. :( Would've been great if Space Center had more meaning, other than being just a place for scientists to work.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really thought I would be able to get Jirachi and was thoroughly disappointed when I learned I could never catch it or Celebi in Emerald :| I hope they expand on it in ORAS, since its presence alone is pretty interesting!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Aw man, it would be really cool if after you defeated the Champion, that you could venture to the Space Center at night and a Jirachi would be there. I thought and wished that there was more to the Space Center after I played the game. It really didn't seem to have a big impact on the game, it was just sort of there. The Space Center would have been a good location to utilize major events in the game, but Game Freak almost neglected it.

I hope that there is more to it in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. It would be cool if we could actually ride a ship into Space to explore other planets. It would be bizarre, but a cool post-game feature.

Back