• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Annoying Thing About Money

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    So basically you're going to do something your entire life that brings you no income whatsoever.

Good luck with that.

txteclipse and I agree in that respect. If we weren't bound by money, people would be free to do what they love. Humanity could focus on the betterment of itself, instead of being controlled by our own greed. The human condition should allow us to overcome personal greed.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    txteclipse and I agree in that respect. If we weren't bound by money, people would be free to do what they love. Humanity could focus on the betterment of itself, instead of being controlled by our own greed. The human condition should allow us to overcome personal greed.

Personally, I think it's a bit too late for that. If you take the time to change everyone in the world one by one, the other ones that haven't been changed will take advantage of other's generosity.

People have become so stubborn that changing minds all at one time is nearly impossible..

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    That horrible feeling when you pay three times and much as someone else for the same, or a better commodity and you feel like a total retard.

I don't think I know anyone who is happy with the amount of money they have;

Me, me, me?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I personally think the most annoying thing about money is the fact that I never have it xD
    I also hate the fact that money talks louder than words and controlls the world :/

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Personally, I think it's a bit too late for that. If you take the time to change everyone in the world one by one, the other ones that haven't been changed will take advantage of other's generosity.

People have become so stubborn that changing minds all at one time is nearly impossible..
    I agree, society as we know it is greedy and have been programmed to take advantage of every chance one gets. But the human condition is more than that, we have the ability to overcome that, maybe not in our lifetime, but hopefully in our future. It will never be a perfect world, but as long as we try, as long as we keep that hope alive that we can better ourselves, then one day we will over come our shortcomings and work together for the future.

Sorry, as I said before, I'm just a hopeless optimist.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I hate that it takes so much time and effort to make money, and you end of using that money within an hour on useless junk.

Stalin Malone

Order. Stability. Progress.
    Years
    The most annoying thing about money is how unworthy individuals seem to get it. By which I mean 'working class' individuals such as 50 Cent or Puff Daddy. If we had economic policy based on establishing and promoting a reasonable hiearchy we wouldn't have things like that happening. You may call it economic dynamism or liberation but those of us in the reality-based community call it the degradation of a society.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Most annoying thing about money is when Gentiles ask me to give them some, what am I, really..?!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I just hate what money does to people. It's making people greedy, like they can never be happy with the amount of money they have and live a comfortable life with what they've got. People are getting discriminated based on how much money they have or make; or what they can buy with their money (whether it be an expensive name brand or just a cheap knockoff).

For example, there are a few people at my school are walking around with Guess purses and they look down on people who can't afford something as ridiculously expensive as that and have to buy a cheap knockoff.

Nothing's free anymore; I walked into the cafeteria today and wanted to get a fork for my lunch - apparently, I had to pay for the fork, so I just left.

So, like I said, I can't stand the fact that money makes people become materialistic and greedy, and always wanting more of it without being happy for what they do have.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I agree, society as we know it is greedy and have been programmed to take advantage of every chance one gets. But the human condition is more than that, we have the ability to overcome that, maybe not in our lifetime, but hopefully in our future. It will never be a perfect world, but as long as we try, as long as we keep that hope alive that we can better ourselves, then one day we will over come our shortcomings and work together for the future.

That's what I hate about money. Because of greed, beautiful wilderness is being destroyed to put up ugly cheap condos that no one can enjoy aside from the people that live there. This abandoned hospital halfway between me and my high school which half of it happens to have been built as a freggin castle is decaying thanks to money. And this awesome bar which had historic value for being connected to caves in the hills behind it for bootlegging alcohol during the 1920s was torn down to put up cheap ugly condos. Terrible fashion spreads because people have bad taste and stores sell what the consumer wants coughcrocscough. The police is pretty greedy too. Officers like those who catch speeders and those who give parking tickets have to give a certain amount or else they'll be told to go back and retake their course and therefore they may ticket you unfairly. Schools in certain areas have less classes and learning materials than schools in other areas due to money. The cheapness of using transfatty chemicals in food to increase their shelf life, because they rather earn money than help people stay healthy. Transfats clog your arteries and give people heart attacks.

And the lack of it. Houses seem to always be done in stucco rather than brick or god forbid wooden shingles. Beautiful architecture is rarer nowadays because keeping up an old house costs money and building something from anothe time is so expensive that most people can't do it.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I have to say that the one thing about money that gets to me is that it does in fact cause so much greed.
    So many people these days do stupid things for money. Some will even lie, cheat and steal for it!
    And for those who are at least honest, it doesn't improve them either...a person will become so greedy and desperate for money that they'll lose any and all sense of kindness they may have. It's astounding how many good people turn completely sour when given a large amount of money.

What's worse is that a lot of people try to raise too much profit off of something, often marking it up more than necessary to keep business going and keep themselves living acceptably. It bothers me when I see something ridiculously overpriced.

What irritates me the most is the oil companies. It's been proven that since the war on terror started that they've been pulling in massive profits!
    They've pushed fuel prices up 5x of what it was about 10 years ago! It's outrageous that they're charging so much at the pump these days!

Another thing is seeing people spend more than they can possibly pay back. I mean seriously, that's another reason so many people are in a bind these days. Because they foolishly got crazy with the credit card and cant even pay it back! The fact that the cost of living is soaring upward now makes the credit card problem even worse! because now people are struggling to get by, let alone pay a huge credit card bill along with it. Inherently this also drives more people into debt they really cant handle because all their money is tied up in living expenses, so when something goes wrong, they're left with no way but credit to get out of the jam they're in.

It's a very vicious cycle. I do agree that it's irresponsible spending that's to blame for this, but also the unfortunate events that occurred to cause this 'credit crunch'

While I do agree that a money system has it's perks and it is successful for the most part...it does have it's glaring flaws...

I do think though that some day everyone will get tired of having to survive with money and we'll go to a system that provides basic necessities (Food, water, a Home, and Basic clothing and basic healthcare) for free. But a system like that is far from becoming a reality anytime soon because no one has really been able to decide how the system should really work. We all know communism isn't great. I think maybe someday someone will come up with a good idea that actually does work.

Though I have to say, It'd be foolish to try to stop free enterprise. Nothing wrong with using a money system for things that aren't necessary for survival.

But I suppose one good thing about the current money system is that it keeps people from freeloading. It actually forces you to make sure you earn your keep in this world. (And ironically a bit of someone else's keep too XD)

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I hate that it takes so much time and effort to make money, and you end of using that money within an hour on useless junk.
    Total agreement on that.
    I never have a clue what to spend my money on either D:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree with all this "money creates greed". Money doesn't create greed, greedy people creates greed. If money never existed, people will fight over other things. All money has done is just give us an easier bartering system.

People will lie, cheat, & steal for a piece of bread as well. People will kill for a valued goat. It isn't money that "creats" greed, because greed, deception, & sloth (in regards to money making people fat & greedy) existed far before money.

So there is nothing wrong with the money system, it's people who can't play by their own rules. We are not nice enough as humans to live without money.there will be no "free sharing", or any of that hippie crap.

Wat I hate about it? Same as everyone else. I never have it when I need it :P

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The most annoying things about money is when you don't need it, you have it. But when you do need it, it isn't there. Also if you see some people who do anything for money, if it something outgrageous. If it is a crazy stunt or whatever that could kill them, they will do it.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Obviously the most annoying thing about money is how long it takes to make it and then how FAST you spend it.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    The most annoying thing about money, no doubt, is that I never have any >_> Especially when I actually need it for something I really want. I can save my money for the longest, then randomly, somehow, I lose most of it due to something. Like my mom needing it for something important and then saying she'll pay me back. I'm still waiting >_>

----------------
    Listening to: Pink - Dear Mr President [Feat Indigo Girls]
    via FoxyTunes

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    Nobody drops anything over a nickel anymore. I look on the ground a lot just to have more money.

I barely have any money, yet they're so many things I'd like to buy.

Back