• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mother Series/Earthbound

Cid

Years
  • I used to be obsessed with these games. They touch the heart.

The mother fandom is a little toxic, though. Thats what probably made me lose intrest a bit over time.....but i still listen to the music/songs every so often even now lol

And the child hero characters are adorable and innocent :) I can't help but love that. Innocent characters are wonderful in my eyes.

That's the first I've heard of the fandom being called toxic. :o Is it because they keep clamoring for Mother 3? I hope I'm not contributing to that; I want the game as much as the next guy but I wouldn't want to drive other fans away.

They do touch the heart. I love child hero characters as well. Sometimes I wish they had a bit more personality, especially Ninten and Ness. But I feel like they're meant to be whoever you imagine them to be, so I ended up being okay with how they were depicted. The Subspace Emissary Ness helps fill in the blanks somewhat, too.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    I beat all three Mother games. As for Smash, I play both Ness and Lucas. Not sure which I like better. Both are great characters in their own ways.

Back