• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Alola region!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I just don't see Kanto returning without Johto. It would annoy the crap out of me since Kanto is so small. Not to mention, I don't know if they have the room 3DS card.

I want to see a 3D world of both Johto and Kanto, but I think it needs to be together. And I just don't see them bringing them back till we have a same with all regions. With us moving to the Switch in time, that is a very big possibility now. Or at least Kanto - Sinnoh.

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    Kanto is not returning. We are just having Alola which has not changed very much.

But there is a rumour that we'll be getting new islands, as hinted by the strategy guide, but it doesn't look like it on the map. If they do put in new islands then they'll have to add new Tapus to the mix, or rework the plot in accordance to those islands. I'm sorta hoping that we will get new islands to be honest, because Alola seems way too small.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    But there is a rumour that we'll be getting new islands, as hinted by the strategy guide, but it doesn't look like it on the map. If they do put in new islands then they'll have to add new Tapus to the mix, or rework the plot in accordance to those islands. I'm sorta hoping that we will get new islands to be honest, because Alola seems way too small.

Just a rumor. There will not be new tapu if there is new islands. They will never put new pokemon in the middle of the current generation. I don't think we get new islands.

However, there is this big cloud southwest that seems like it is covering an island. Probably nothing.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I don't quite follow... where was there a hint of new islands? I thought it was just a misinterpretation of the strategy guide summary.

HeroLinik

Years
    I don't quite follow... where was there a hint of new islands? I thought it was just a misinterpretation of the strategy guide summary.

It's really unlikely to be a misinterpretation at this point in time, because the recent trailer mentioned about new areas, and there's a supposed area that contains a surfer girl and a ride Mantine that doesn't seem to be anywhere familiar in Alola. There is the beach behind Heahea, but the surrounding area looks too countrylike to be part of Heahea, suggesting that this is quite potentially a new island. Also, I think Mantine will replace Lapras as the surfer, and will possibly be able to dive if Ranger is anything to go by.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The new areas we have seen are not very interesting as far as i am concerned. I much prefer a new island. I am still questioning that cloud in the south west of the map.

HeroLinik

Years
    The new areas we have seen are not very interesting as far as i am concerned. I much prefer a new island. I am still questioning that cloud in the south west of the map.

That still hasn't been touched on yet, but it's still likely that this is something to do with Ultra Space. It could potentially be where Burst and Assembly will pop out, or their own domain.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    That still hasn't been touched on yet, but it's still likely that this is something to do with Ultra Space. It could potentially be where Burst and Assembly will pop out, or their own domain.
    I am not talking about that purple cloud though. I am talking of the big cloud that near Exeggutor island. It looks like an island but it could be just a cloud.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I am not talking about that purple cloud though. I am talking of the big cloud that near Exeggutor island. It looks like an island but it could be just a cloud.

one I get that you are skeptical but I have a feeling that this game is NOT like "platinum" of D/P.
    I think it is NOT a sequel BUT it will have new areas and a couple of new cities like how BW2 had new towns and cities that were not there in BW.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    one I get that you are skeptical but I have a feeling that this game is NOT like "platinum" of D/P.
    I think it is NOT a sequel BUT it will have new areas and a couple of new cities like how BW2 had new towns and cities that were not there in BW.
    What? Your reply does not match my post you replied to. I was talking about the cloud of the south west part of the map.

Anyway, i doubt we have new cities. Map shows no new town and city. I think USUM is a standard version split in two.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    What? Your reply does not match my post you replied to. I was talking about the cloud of the south west part of the map.

Anyway, i doubt we have new cities. Map shows no new town and city. I think USUM is a standard version split in two.

but trailers do.
    such as new pikachu dominant area, and new area with possible mantine pokeride

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

In my opinion, it will probably be just clouds. I don't know American geography, but if I remember correctly, Hawaii only has four main islands. Would be weird if there will be another island in USM but I honestly will not mind if there will be a new island. That would mean some new explorations, be it pointless or not. :V

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    In my opinion, it will probably be just clouds. I don't know American geography, but if I remember correctly, Hawaii only has four main islands. Would be weird if there will be another island in USM but I honestly will not mind if there will be a new island. That would mean some new explorations, be it pointless or not. :V

They have 8 main islands, 7 in which are used. 1 of the larger islands hasn't been used. There is also a number of smaller islands, that can hardly be considered an island. It would be odd to use 7 of 8 and not use one of the larger islands at all.

It may be a post game island that isn't on the map, but I think it is safe to assume there is at least 1 new island.

I used to have another picture, but here are the Hawaiian Islands in there Alolan format.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    but trailers do.
    such as new pikachu dominant area, and new area with possible mantine pokeride

Those are minor areas that are not cities or towns. They are not very exciting if you ask me. I prefer bigger new areas than those.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I don't think that it is completely out of the realm of possibility that they could add new islands to Alola. I mean it's totally possible that they could do the same thing that they did with Kanto when they released Fire Red and Leaf Green, where they added the Sevii islands and treated it as post game exploration.
    I can't quite remember how they explained those islands suddenly existing in those games but not the original ones, but hey if they did it once, they definitely could do it again.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
    The rift will have everything to do with the necrowhateverhisnameis because that is where he came from. We will get as lightly expanded story that will involve him taking over the legendary of the title you purchased.

Other than that, all that looks different is slightly different looking trainers, different clothes and a shorter start to the game.

HeroLinik

Years

That doesn't even make sense. You're saying it's not like the traditional third game, but then you're saying it's not a sequel, which is what third games are usually like. BW2 were sequels to BW, but Platinum was more of the traditional third game - an alternate take on the DP plot, much like what USUM is shaping up to be.
    I used to have another picture, but here are the Hawaiian Islands in there Alolan format.

Spoiler:
    OK, so the main four islands match up, but I'm a bit sceptical with how you treated the Aether Foundation as one of the Hawaiian islands. It isn't based on a Hawaiian island, but simply a chain of very small islands protected by the American government, which makes sense because it's an artificial island. Poke Pelago, on the other hand seems to match up with Lanai, in that it's the smallest island, much like how small Poke Pelago is, and doesn't really offer much significance aside from various minigames. This therefore leaves Niihau and Molokai as the only islands left. While Niihau will be called Oma'Oma'O like you said, I can see Molokai being called Ke'oke'o.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I mainly treat it as an island, because it is an island. It is a very similar shape to Aether. Which leads me to believe that is what it is inspired by. I count Poke Pelago main island an island because the tree is on it, and there is an island with a tree sapling on it and it is also on the in game map, even though the shape isn't exactly correct, but that is probably where it was pull from.

Molokai Island would be Oma'Oma'o since it is Green Island in Hawaii and Oma'Oma'o is green in Hawiian similar to how Melemele is Yellow, Akala is pink, Ula'Ula is blue and Poni is purple. All in which are the true name of the colors in Hawiian.

Also Niihau Island is Execcutor Island because it is the same exact shape and in the same place as Niihau. It is just called something different. It is also strongly alike in game and in real life.

Kahoolawe Island is the small island and its color is grey which is similar to Aether's outfits and the island its self as that is also the color of steel, which the island is made of. But much like Exccutor Island, it is named different from the color.

Also we are in an alternate timeline or dimension. So they can easily explain how there is a new island. If the theory of the games being based on the Rainbow Prophecy is correct, then an island sunk because the 'pale race' couldn't stay with nature. Which could be aether or the ultra beasts since their clothing is pale... even though it is probably talking about white people. The Rainbow Prophecy still matches extremely well with the games, but has yet to be proves correct. This could be why one of the islands is not their.

This is the rainbow prophecy:

Spoiler:

The Island beneath the waters would be the missing island.
    The 7th Flame is the 7th Gen.
    The Light Skinned People or Pale race is the Ultra Beasts or Aether.
    The 4 colors are Akala, Melemele, Poni, and Ula'Ula. Which is Pink, Yellow, Purple, and Blue.
    The original teachings are the trials.
    The Rainbow Warriors are Hau, the main character, Lillie, and Gideon.
    A lot of the pokemon in Alola are based on extinct or endangered animals.

The Molokai could be the island where they met which is also known as friendly island. And it is known that there was a catastrophic collapse to one side where the island exploded and was scattered northward and is now under the water of the ocean. If we are in an alternate universe or timeline, then the island is still above the water. So they could add it.

Last edited:

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    The new beach shown on the recent trailer is one of the new areas on Melemele island, the shape and the small brown hill it has both match the ones in the new map, so that's definitelly part of an existing island.
    Now on the other hand the Valley of Pikachu is nowhere to be seen in the map in any way, so there's still a chance it is in a possible new island, unlikely, but definitelly possible!

I'd love for there to be new islands for the sake of exploration, but it does seem unlikely for them to cover an entire island with a cloud, specially since the cloud wasn't really there on SM and there was nothing but water. I'm sure the new areas will be great regardless if there's a new island or not though.

Back