• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Alola region!

Years
    What is that video hinting for?

The fact that we will be getting new Trials, since it appears Kiawe isn't a Trial Captain anymore. There's the chance he could have been promoted to Akala Island's Kahuna considering Olivia became an Elite Four member at the end of S/M.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    The fact that we will be getting new Trials, since it appears Kiawe isn't a Trial Captain anymore. There's the chance he could have been promoted to Akala Island's Kahuna considering Olivia became an Elite Four member at the end of S/M.

If that's the case, then Acerola wouldn't be hosting her trial either, which suggests that we'll probably see something else being made out of the abandoned Thrifty Megamart. But funnily enough, in the postgame you can find Hala in Iki Town despite being part of the E4, and Kahili is hinted to have a bigger role in this game, yet in the previous game she's part of the E4, which sorta shoots down your theory. It was also hinted that the island challenge originally ended with facing off with all four kahunas in a row, and that eventually become the E4 despite the overall premise being the same - the E4 are still the kahunas though.

Years
    If that's the case, then Acerola wouldn't be hosting her trial either, which suggests that we'll probably see something else being made out of the abandoned Thrifty Megamart. But funnily enough, in the postgame you can find Hala in Iki Town despite being part of the E4, and Kahili is hinted to have a bigger role in this game, yet in the previous game she's part of the E4, which sorta shoots down your theory. It was also hinted that the island challenge originally ended with facing off with all four kahunas in a row, and that eventually become the E4 despite the overall premise being the same - the E4 are still the kahunas though.

There's a chance Kahili could retain being Elite Four, and this time we just see her prior to taking on the League since that wasn't the case in S/M. Remember the Elite Four as we know it was developed by Kukui himself after he got inspired by the Indigo League in Kanto, which he previously challenged sometime prior to the events of S/M.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    So so far we've seen a gym without Lt. Surge, and a trial without the trial leader.

Years
    So so far we've seen a gym without Lt. Surge, and a trial without the trial leader.

That Vermilion Gym thing may just be a coincidence, but with the confirmation Wela Volcano Park is no longer a trial site, it seems very likely there will be new Trials and new Trial Captains.

The Gyms probably won't happen, since the empty spaces were taken up by the Photo Club.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    That Vermilion Gym thing may just be a coincidence, but with the confirmation Wela Volcano Park is no longer a trial site, it seems very likely there will be new Trials and new Trial Captains.

The Gyms probably won't happen, since the empty spaces were taken up by the Photo Club.

We don't know that for sure though. All we know is there's a Photo Club in Hau'oli, outside the Royal Dome, Konikoni and Malie City. There seems to be some weird new green building in Heahea City though, but Seafolk Village, Tapu Village and outside the observatory on Mount Hokulani still retain empty spaces, which suggests that the Photo Club isn't going to take up all the empty lots in the region. What could be going on here?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    We don't know that for sure though. All we know is there's a Photo Club in Hau'oli, outside the Royal Dome, Konikoni and Malie City. There seems to be some weird new green building in Heahea City though, but Seafolk Village, Tapu Village and outside the observatory on Mount Hokulani still retain empty spaces, which suggests that the Photo Club isn't going to take up all the empty lots in the region. What could be going on here?

Ultra ultra sun and ultra ultra moon confirmed? :p

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Is it worth saying that Kiawe might be a captain still, just not at the top of the mountain?
    It would be nice if someone could translate that text. Maybe it's something like Oreburgh city where the gym leader is away.

Years
    It would be nice if someone could translate that text. Maybe it's something like Oreburgh city where the gym leader is away.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe it's a side quest thing where we have to go find Kiawe and beat Team Skull. Sort of like what we had to do on Akala island.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

That's what I was thinking. Maybe it's a side quest thing where we have to go find Kiawe and beat Team Skull. Sort of like what we had to do on Akala island.

I already did! He just says "Alola! Now who might I be exactly?"

Based on the text dialogue box though, if the player had pressed A there would be more.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    The Vermilion Gym tease in the trailer and now Ash visiting Kanto in upcoming episodes in the anime is starting to make me believe in the possibility of a Kanto visit in USUM. I just... I don't know, but getting that tease in the trailer and the Misty and Brock appearance in the anime getting hyped to high heaven is making the gears in my mind do their thing. I know this topic of revisiting Kanto can get pretty heated sometimes, so please don't slam me for suggesting this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    The Vermilion Gym tease in the trailer and now Ash visiting Kanto in upcoming episodes in the anime is starting to make me believe in the possibility of a Kanto visit in USUM. I just... I don't know, but getting that tease in the trailer and the Misty and Brock appearance in the anime getting hyped to high heaven is making the gears in my mind do their thing. I know this topic of revisiting Kanto can get pretty heated sometimes, so please don't slam me for suggesting this.

Visting Kanto is better than visiting no region! I highly doubt it though... they teased us enough when Lillie was travelling there. I can't see why they wouldn't have done it in SM, with all the Kanto references they had there.

pkmin3033

Visting Kanto is better than visiting no region! I highly doubt it though... they teased us enough when Lillie was travelling there. I can't see why they wouldn't have done it in SM, with all the Kanto references they had there.
    Time constraints? SM were very rushed titles, had it not been the 20th anniversary I doubt we would have seen them last year. Granted, the time gap between USUM and SM is only around a year, but given they're probably going to be recycling a large majority of SM's assets for USUM, they can use that time to expand upon things.

...of course, the cynic in me says they held it back just so they'd have another set of games for this year, equalling more money, because that is very clearly all they care about. But that's the cynic in me for ya.

That said, I highly doubt Kanto revisits this time either - the hints suggest a remake on the horizon, possibly on the Switch, but they don't suggest to me a revisit, any more than SM's hints did.

blue

gucci
    Years

I actually thought this too after seeing the return of Brock and Misty. They seem to be indicating something to do with Kanto, but I still don't know whether or not they'd actually pull this off.

Last edited:
    Years
    I feel that we likely won't return to Kanto in US/UM, since the reason why the return to Kanto in the anime was likely due to it being to honour the 20th anniversary of the anime.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    What do you all think of what Po Town could be like this time? I bring this up because the new Alola map no longer shows a rain storm happening over it, and I've heard speculation that the mansion used to belong to Lusamine's family before crap hit the fan with her losing her husband.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What do you all think of what Po Town could be like this time? I bring this up because the new Alola map no longer shows a rain storm happening over it, and I've heard speculation that the mansion used to belong to Lusamine's family before crap hit the fan with her losing her husband.

Huh, what if that never happened? That could be a pretty large change...

Back