• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The new HG SS Battle design

King of Dragons

Hail the king of Dragons!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    In my opinion, they should make a background scene that fits the battles.

Example: If you encounter a pokemon in the Ilex Forest, there should be a foresty background in the battle.

And another thing: what is wrong with Pichu's ear?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011

There is nothing wrong with Pichu's ear. It's supposed to be like that because he is called the Notched-Ear Pichu. He appeared in the new Arceus movie.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    In my opinion, they should make a background scene that fits the battles.

Example: If you encounter a pokemon in the Ilex Forest, there should be a foresty background in the battle.

they do that sorta but only accoding to colors....
    like say if you were in the water the background would be blue if you were in a cave it would be pupleish brown etc you get what i mean

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I saw this new battle system. It's a little better then the last system.
    The younster's sprite changed as I can see. This looks like a better system.
    I can't wait for HG/SS now.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I definitely think so. From looking at screenshots, the battle backgrounds are completely unchanged from Diamond and Pearl's (and Platinum's) gradient backgrounds. This is inexcusable for two reasons. One, battles are a key component of Pokémon, and looking at uninspiring backgrounds can really make battles look boring fast. It would give the game a lot more life if the battle backgrounds reflect the location you are in (like the GameCube games, or even other RPGs). And two, they're completely unchanged from D/P/Pt's backgrounds, which, in turn, are just Generation III backgrounds with slightly more flair (I stress the word "slightly"). And the GBA backgrounds, in turn, were bland even for their time (I've seen some obscure GBA RPG released a year before Ruby/Sapphire, yet has much more aesthetically pleasing backgrounds). They have no style whatsoever, except that the color changes depending on where you are. I remember the day I got Ruby, and was unimpressed with the backgrounds.

We live in the year 2009, and the designers can't come up with more interesting backgrounds than gradients?
    Wow... i love the new backgrounds thier better them plain white...

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    I wish they would have kept the hp boxes back like in platinum, but i knew it wouldn't happen.
    The black looked so cool though...

Years
    It looks awesome! To me i dont see anything wrong, i cant wait to get it.
    For christmas i hope i get soul silver and Platinum.

Back