• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Newcomer's Team

SmallBait

I'll be famous someday......
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Hey guys, i'm a guy from Smogon and this website looked cooler so i guess i'll use this one instead. Anyway, here is my party and information. Please PLEASE do not complain about my lack of good ev spreads.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Hasty
    Evs: None
    Moves:
    -Ice Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Waterfall

Salamence @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Gentle
    Evs: Speed 252, Hitpoints 100, Attack 100
    Moves:
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Flamethrower
    -Stone Edge

Gengar @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Adamant/Naughty ( i have 2 gengars )
    Evs: Sp. Att 252, Att 252
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Dark Pulse
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Thunderbolt

Metagross @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Bold
    Evs: speed 252, sp. def 252
    Moves:
    -Brick Break
    -Psychic
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake

Starmie @ Mystic Water
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Gentle
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Confuse Ray
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam

Heracross @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swarm
    Nature: Naive
    Evs: Speed 78, Att 252
    Moves:
    -Megahorn
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge

If you have any advice for me, please tell me it, and i will try my best to do it.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You got stuck with the mean rater this time, sorry ;)

If you aren't going to change your EVs, posting this anywhere where there are competitive players is a bad idea. You have to have good EVs or you will not win, it's as simple as that.

This means you will have to rebreed (a pain, but worth it) for better natures (for example, Hasty on Swampert just must go) and IVs, and also so you can redo your spreads.

If you refuse to do that, nobody can help you I'm afraid, unless there are people who will trade you well-EVed pokemon (I wouldn't count on that though).

SmallBait

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Wow, i never realized i had EQ on 5 out of 6 pokemon......gotta change that. Anti-Pop, ur not too negative, this one guy on smogon was criticizing my party like heck, it was unbelievable. But anyway, could u give me a list that tells me the best nature for the 6 pokemon in my party?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Wow, i never realized i had EQ on 5 out of 6 pokemon......gotta change that. Anti-Pop, ur not too negative, this one guy on smogon was criticizing my party like heck, it was unbelievable. But anyway, could u give me a list that tells me the best nature for the 6 pokemon in my party?

I could give that a go:

Electivire: Since you're running a mixed set, then Lonely should do the trick.

Aerodactyl: Adamant all the way.

Swampert: Since you're running Mixpert, I think Relaxed is the one you need.

Salamence: Mixmence calls for Mild/Rash.

Garchomp: Yours looks kind of a mix between Chainchomp and SDChomp; the former needs Naughty and the latter Jolly.

Umbreon: Impish/Careful.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Lemme start off by saying that if you don't have EVs, YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE. It doesn't matter if you use a team of all Ubers, you're gonna lose.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves:
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Punch
    -Cross Chop
    -Earthquake

First off, the only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason to EVER use Electivire is to get that Motor Drive boost. If Electivire is your lead, the enemy knows that you have Vire, and the surprise is ruined, and your hopes of getting that boost are shot.

Now, for the Vire itself. First off, Magnet? No. The boost it gives is minimal, and only applies to Thunderbolt, which will do crap damage anyway thanks to Vire's nature lowering its power. And Focus Blast? Why? Cross Chop has more accuracy, and probably deals more damage than FB (factoring in Vire's Atk vs. SAtk).

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves:
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Blast

Leftovers? On a suicide sweeper? No. Life Orb please. Give him a +Atk nature, and Fire Blast to takes out walls.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Moves:
    -Ice Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Waterfall

A -Def Nature on a physical tank? Why?

Salamence @ Choice Band
    Evs: Speed 252, Hitpoints 4, Attack 252
    Moves:
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Flamethrower
    -Stone Edge

Focus... Sash? NO. Salamence is rather bulky, so he won't die in a single hit. Those EVs suck- max out Atk and Spd. Also, nature?

Garchomp @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: Speed 252 Atk 252 HP 4
    Moves:
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fire Fang
    -Swords Dance

Hardy? I lol'd. Give him a +Spd nature, and max out his Atk. Also, SDChomp loves Fire Fang.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    -Taunt
    -Wish
    -Toxic
    -Payback

I have no idea what this is, honestly.

Please comment or give advice in a POSITIVE WAY!!!! You won't believe how many times i have gotten negative comments about my team on Smogon, so PLEASE COMMENT IN A POSITIVE WAY!!!!
    No. I don't feel like it.

Comments in bold.

Alright, this team is pretty terrible. Two of your Pokes are 4x Ice weak, and most of them do the same thing. Add on to the fact that you have no walls, and this is a pretty terrible team overall.

Take out Electivire (he's useless once an enemy knows he's there), Aerodactyl (he's probably not the best choice for the team), and Salamence (there are better CBers than him, plus he covers the same things as Garchomp). Now, put in some new sweepers (one being Special), and add in a wall. Possibly replace Umbreon for a better wall.

Lastly, Smogon is full of elitists- you should expect them to flame bad teams.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I was about to post a reply...but then I looked at the team closely. Seriously, Airconditioning has the basics covered. The reason you are critisized at Smogon is because this team is horrible. You post a team but only want positive comments. You will never get a proper rate if you restrict what you want people to say. (Especially considering how bad this team is)

~T_S

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Erm, could someone point me in the direction of walls please? Swampert doesnt count with that nature. Most of the bad stuff is covered, but your team also lacks composition. You have no spinner, and nothing capable of handling the obscene case of ice weak this team has. If you only want posetive comments, you will never win. Ever. Stop being childish and learn to take criticism, especially if you use smogon aswel. You obviously have a vague understanding of EVs, or you wouldnt post them. Therfore you have no excuse for the lack of them.

SmallBait

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    What i mean is give good advice, i don't care how much you criticize my team, just give me some advice. And here's some things for you, if i knew how to teach umbreon wish, i would, but all it says is that you have to breed it, with what poke though? obviously not ditto..... but i've tried lots of things that learn wish and umbreon only seems to get along in the daycare with ditto. And could you tell me where you get the life orb, because if i did, i would get it and obviously give it to a pokemon.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What i mean is give good advice, i don't care how much you criticize my team, just give me some advice. And here's some things for you, if i knew how to teach umbreon wish, i would, but all it says is that you have to breed it, with what poke though? obviously not ditto..... but i've tried lots of things that learn wish and umbreon only seems to get along in the daycare with ditto. And could you tell me where you get the life orb, because if i did, i would get it and obviously give it to a pokemon.

Life Orb is near stark mountain in that route with all the ash falling.

As for egg moves, Serebii.net is your friend https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

Click on the poke you want to see, scroll down to the bottom of its page to where it says "egg moves" and theres a link at the side where it says "details", it tells you what can learn wish in umbreons egg group.

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/197.shtml#wish

Theres umbreons egg move page, loads of stuff in its group gets wish.

Umbreon MUST be Female and the poke passing the egg move on MUST be Male.

Also if the daycare people say "they dont seem to get along" it means THERE WILL be an egg.

That should help.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Im not sure you understand what an RMT is for. We dont want to rate what the team is, we want to rate what the team will be. There's no pint us rating it without wish if you were gonna get it anyway, that's not the team we were rating. Likewise, if you knew what items you were going to get whats the point in telling us which items you're using now?
    Anyway, all the main points have been made. You get Life Orb from battle tower for 48 points i believe. Not sure about eevee, ask in the breeder's corner

SmallBait

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Which of these 2 pokemon do you think is a better wall? Because i'm considering one of these 2 pokemon.

Metagross: Nature.... well all i know is that the nature lowers att and raises def.
    Blissey: Nature...... i'll see lol.

alright thanks, but look, i have 3 umbreons, and all of them are male, they always seem to be.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Why would you lower Metagross's Attack? Lower it's Special Attack.

SmallBait

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    My metagross's nature is bold, so what does that do?
    And for bliss, it's serious nature.
    And i'm gonna replace garchomp, not salamence, because salamence is more helpful.
    And for a special i will put gengar.
    Just let me update it now.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Which of these 2 pokemon do you think is a better wall? Because i'm considering one of these 2 pokemon.

Metagross: Nature.... well all i know is that the nature lowers att and raises def.
    You want impish, -SpAtt +Def. But metagros isnt a reliable walls.
    Blissey: Nature...... i'll see lol.
    Blissey wants calm, although i cannot remember the full set

alright thanks, but look, i have 3 umbreons, and all of them are male, they always seem to be.
    Breed the umbreon for female eevees

Answers in bold. Oh, and as Buleberry said, reduce the stat that isnt needed when the choice arises

SmallBait

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    I almost put swampert twice hehe, my bad, look at my new updated team.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    Evs: 240 HP/ 216 Def/ 52 SAtk
    Moves:
    -Ice Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Surf

Fix the nature. Swampert needs as much Defense as he can get.

Salamence @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs: Speed 252, Hitpoints 6, Attack 252
    Moves:
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast
    -Stone Edge

GENTLE!? FGSFDSDSFARFEG. No. Adamant please, and EV your Pokes right.

Gengar @ Wide Lens
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid ( i have 2 gengars ) Get a third one.
    Evs: Sp. Att 252, Spd 252 HP 6
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Hypnosis
    -Thunderbolt

Dark Pulse covers the same things as Shadow Ball, and isn't even STABed. And Sludge Bomb is just dumb. Both of those natures suck, get a new one. Also, ATK EVS? What? No.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Adamant
    Evs: 236 HP/ 252 Atk/ 20 Def
    Moves:
    -Explosion
    -Pursuit/ Bullet Punch
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake

Holding back the rage here... Metagross doesn't wall. He tanks, but doesn't wall. Why would you give him a Bold nature, which lowers his Atk? That's stupid. No Special attacks, please, and no attacks that are just plain stupid (like Brick Break). Also, fixed the EVs. If you want a wall with Metagross' typing, look at Bronzong.

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 172 HP/ 120 SAtk/ 216 Spd
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Recover
    -Ice Beam

wat. Leftovers over Mystic Water, which sucks as much as Magnet. Fix the EVs, and give her a +Spd nature. Rapid Spin to support the team, and Recover to not die.

Heracross @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swarm
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: Speed 252, Att 252 HP 6
    Moves:
    -Megahorn
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge

I... oh. Well, this is a good set, I guess. It doesn't really fit well into the team, though...

HOLY GOD YOU NEED MORE WALLS. Seriously, listen. You need more walls. My god. Take out Starmie and Hera for some decent walling power.

More importantly, though, you need Pokes with the right nature. Natures are EXTREMELY important, so spend the half hour or so it takes to get them right.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, Metagross is your only wall and it needs more support to really work well (and whoever said Metagross isn't a good wall, you are wrong).

I'd throw in a special wall like Blissey, Snorlax, Regice, Articuno, Hypno, Cresselia, etc. then I'd get swampert and Gross some help, they certainly won't wall it all. Gliscor would be perfect since it resists fighting and is immune to ground, two types that otherwise shatter you (Weezing can do the same as Gliscor as far as resistances and physical walling go, so consider him too).

Also, Vaporeon would probably work better over swampert since waters can really do some damage and Vaporeon shuts that down. Metagross can serve as a rock resist so that aspect of swampert being lost isn't very costly.

SmallBait

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Alright then. I guess i'll pick weezing over gliscor, since saying i have a weakness to ice and gliscor won't help that fact, but weezing will resist.

Back