• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Next Gen (Games&Consoles)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Now then, has anyone picked up an Xbox One, or PS4 For those of youmanaged to pick up an Xbox One and PS4 have had some time to sample the gaming delights so what have you played? What do you think of the games so far? What's been your favourite? If you haven't picked up these next gen consoles, why haven't you, and do you plan to? Feel free to share!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • XBOX One and PS4 look dissapointing and I've never been partial to Nintendo. With that said, i dont intend to get next gen for some time. Nope its XB360 and PS3 for now

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • It's not really the next gen anymore. Since they're released it's now the current one. And I don't like Sony or Microsoft. All they do is up the graphics and add a few features that I don't care for. Plus a lot of issues happened upon release. So I'll be staying with Nintendo handhelds again.

TY

Im not sure about getting them. They are quite expensive and watching the news each day makes it difficult to spend money on things like this.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • They may look disappointing until you have one. I have an Xbox one and to be honest id prefer to keep the Xbox 360 look and add Xbox ones graphics because holy Jesus the graphics are superb. You MUST play Ryse if you get one. Astonishing game with realistic gore. I have dead rising 3 which I haven't played yet and I have battlefield 4, which had amazing graphics too realistic IMO cus I was just starting at stuff lol, and just dance 2013. All games good so far, few things about the console itself though. First of all, kind of dumb that the kinect is required with purchase to make it 100$ more than ps4. If anything should've stayed same price to cover these next flaws: the interface. Looks similar to Xbox 360 but less options and kind of harder to find stuff. Also, no Xbox menu when you press the big x in the middle of the controller now it's just the dashboard (your game is still on in background though). If you're like me, you like to see what achievements you got. Achievements tab is bad too... Those that you completed, do not have a description under them and you have to click them and they have to load for them to tell you what it was. Another big flaw is backwards compatibility. It's not. You can't play Xbox or Xbox 360 games, use Xbox 360 controllers, or headsets. One of my biggest frustrations is the next flaw: mandatory installation. In Xbox 360, you had a choice to install the game but now it's required. Can take up to two hours to fully complete and as much as 30 mins before you can possibly play some gametime. The snap thing to the sides while you do something else in my opinion is just a useless feature and many features seem to be pretty useless. Microsoft just wants Xbox one to be a windows tablet... Should be called Xbox Eight for that reason. Xbox one got a 7.4 from users and ps4 a 8.1 out of 10.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Nah, I'm waiting for a price drop and for more games to come to it before I buy one. Both of the consoles look really good to me!

Years
  • The only current-gen consoles I own are a 3DS and... a laptop (with new games on Steam). But one of my best friends at college has a Wii U and we play it sometimes. I have little interest in the PS4 and Xbox One.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I figure I'll get a PS4 in like 4-5 years. We'll get a hardware revision by then hopefully, and all the kinks will be worked out. I've not been an Xbox fan since the og Xbox... and I'm not feeling Nintendo's home consoles anymore.

I currently have a 3DS and PS Vita, though, and thoroughly love them both.

Back