• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The next Pokemon game name (colour)?

What colour should the next game be named after?

• Beige

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Azure

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 1960's Lime Green

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Transparent

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • United Nations Blue

• Off White

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    This is a bit silly for fun, but as Pokemon games are named after colours, I was wondering what you think the next game should be, lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    They aren't named after colors anymore, rather metals or gemstones. Or even letters, as in the Kalos games! I'm not sure what colors I'd give a new generation. The simple ones have been used (and reused).

I'm moving this over to Pokemon Gaming Central btw, since it only pertains to the games.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I think the next game would be Pokemon Z.

Gen VII would probably see something else. I actually think Plus and Minus are rather likely candidates.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From the list, I believe Beige and Azure sound quite nice. When naming after colors, they usually tend to stick with only one or two words, and it seems to me that these names fit this particular category wonderfully. If I were to make a Pokémon game of my own, I honestly wouldn't mind considering them!

If I were to come up with something original, I'm not really sure... though, I do feel that Pokémon Z has a decent amount of chance of being chosen for next installment of X and Y, as stated by Altius. Even if it has some chance, however, it all could still go another way around, as they've been sort of unpredictable lately when it comes to naming their video games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If pink were to be chosen, I could imagine Mew headlining as mascot, haha. Not sure about purple, though. Mewtwo, perhaps? If you think about, creating new games revolving around these two Pokémon would be nice, considering that they haven't been used very importantly in any main-series game before. They used to be pretty popular back in the day, and if given the chance, they would definitely be able to rise back top.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2014
    I think after Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire it will be Pokemon Z. Then for 7th Gen it could be Proton and Neutron.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2015
    Day and Night
    Dusk and Dawn
    War and Peace
    United and Divided
    Rock and Roll (lol)
    D= and =D
    Spark and Smoke
    Beauty and Brains

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    I think after Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire it will be Pokemon Z. Then for 7th Gen it could be Proton and Neutron.
    Neutrons and Protons are not opposites, Protons and Electrons are. Assuming that is is right and it is like Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum then it would be Proton, Electron, and then the 3rd game that is released later would be Neutron.

Ovi

A PokeTuber Maniac!
    Years
    There is a rumor floating around the internet that the next gen games are going to be called Pokémon plus and minum. I made a video a video were I talk about it in detail but its kinda old lol

Years
    I'd love a return to the mobster sort of evil team. The plot of the evil teams have been convoluted philosophical groups that contradict themselves or act without giving any good reasoning.

Though, perhaps to be distinguished from the urban mobster, a nice take would be an underground revolutionary movement that turns out to be the good guys. The "bad guys" would hopefully have simple and realistic motives of power and greed. Perhaps there might be a third group of sorts as well.

The motif of the game would be a play off Plato's allegory of the caves. Nothing is as it appears on the surface. Okay, so without further ado, my proposed name. It's simple and has alliteration.

Pokemon Shine and Shadow(Shade)

Edit. Something related to time would also be great.

Pokemon Time and Space

or

Pokemon Patina and Pristine
    (old vs new)

Last edited:
    Back