• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The nido's fanclub

What is your favorate nido pkmn

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kine

Whatev
Years
  • Self plug (for the greater good =P):
    I'd hate to sound big headed here but I'm almost certain that as far as Nidos go, Aqua Bunny's about as good as it's going to get on an English site (and AFAIK, any other language, because believe me, I look for them). And I say that as a reality, because it's a sad one.

But at least I can say it exists. =P Lake Eerie would be a really close second, but that's in a dead-archieve state.

Nidorina's undoubtably my favorite, by the by. Here's a Nido drawing I drew (a few months old, yes, but still). If the club doesn't pick up or anything, at least it had some fan art to view for a period of time. I always thought it was one of the interesting things to do in a club, anyway.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Yeah. It is a shame Nidos get no love. I've looked for Nido sites for about two weeks intending to join this, and all I could come with was Aqua Bunny and two gallery sites.

Poor Nidos don't even have an official Fanlisting, AFAIK... :( :'( :disappoin

My favourite are the middle evolutions (Nidorino/na), in particular the male, which has ben one of my favourite Pokémon ever since Gen I. It looks cool, quite a battler, and almost huggable.

Some of the good Nido art can be found at Deviantart. I particularily like th ones attached
    (The male nidos made by Rarox)

And of course there are some other classic like "Nidoran and Eevee OWNED" (Hitmonarch, 2004) and "Nidoran Snuggles" (DarkuAngel, 2008). I'm not going to post them yet: ye need MOAR PIPL.

---

Ohh and of course, I want to join this!

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • It would be funny if I ended up spearheading this one inadvertantly like I did a Gardevoir club years ago. I doubt that's going to happen, though.

I think Nidos need more than art, myself (I guess I say that because it's all I see often). At least those higher than Nidoran still need an episode in the anime proper. They've just been filler trainer Pokemon.

If I didn't have too many other things to do or that need to be done, I'd make more flash based games or a music vid or... something. I probably need to learn more actionscript for a job anyway. But it would need to be something different. Hah, I better not say this. Last thing I need is another game project on my plate.

I'd really like to see it done by someone else, though. >_>

Guess when it comes down to it, static art is all I have the time to do.

Oh, and as for a fanlisting, they have a Japanese union (which is the same). I kind of think a listing is pointless all things considered, though (I mean, it is what it says), which is why I opted for a shrine instead. That gets both the collective will as well as something to see/do.

Last edited:

DarkNido

Nido Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks guys for posting. I do agree that there are not many nido fan clubs, I try to set on up on serebiiforums but they deleted it the next day. I have not see many fan art lately on most art forms or sites. Most art or picture I view are from aqua bunny which I have been viewing ever since the site was made. My fav are the nido females mostly Nidoqueen.

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Really? Next day?

That's... a conspiracy. =/ Sounds like someone at Serebii has it out.

I think the Nidos could use a second site, because I'd like to see a different webmaster's take on it. I also think Nido drawing is sort of a catchy thing rather than something you'd see people do on their own. That is, it seems to take a trend setter.

I remember when I used to draw at Bulbagarden, there was probably an unusual abundance of Nido art (which, mind you, still wasn't a lot) just because I drew them all the time, in an interesting sort of way. But I haven't been there in about, I dunno, a year, and I have my doubts that people are really drawing them anymore.

That's why I say it's good to make Pokemon (or any character) interesting above all. If you're just drawing really detailed art but has no real soul to it (there's nothing interesting about it beyond the fact that it looks nice), that aspect will wear thin really fast. You can get a lot more people's attention by making them laugh and trying unthought of approaches, it's true.*

So with that info, use Nidos somewhere in a unorthodox way, and eventually you can probably get others into it.

Here's another pic, a sketch I drew up right quick.

*Of course, it's different if you're a fan of said artist, professional or otherwise, but I'm speaking about the lay person, and trust me, they make up a larger percentage of people. Some sage advice from a Mr. Homer Simpson: "You don't win friends with salad." Even if that salad IS dressed up.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I do agree that there are not many nido fan clubs, I try to set on up on serebiiforums but they deleted it the next day.

I concur with Kine (c‑o‑n‑s‑p‑i‑r‑a‑c‑y). Those Pikachu fanboys.....

So what's with this group? Is there to be a member list or anything? I'm hoping to begin 2K9 with the right poképaw. :D I want to do something for my poor Nidorino, yesterday he saved me yet once again from that Gary copy-paste in LeafGreen. He has taken more hits for me than my starter has.

Years
  • I would have to say I hope this club picks up seeing as I am a huge Nido fan myself. Right when I bought Diamond from a friend on christmas and started playing I instantly wanted one and now I've got one. Though I need a moonstone to evolve my Nidorino because my favorite is Nidoking (He's one of my favorite Pokemon aside from Cyndaquil). But as far as a club goes, you're going to need more than Fan-Art. Though Fan-Art is good to have some things you might want to get thinking about for the future of this club is: Organized Events, Nice First Post Layout, BANNER, and a Promotional Signature. ANyways good luck and if this club gets started send me a PM and I'll consider joining :)

SpikeDo

Open mouth; insert foot
    Years
  • Ah, I love the nidos! I really can't pick an absolute favorite though. I like them all equally.
    As a matter of fact I'm going to get started on breeding some cool moves onto Nidorans in Pearl at some point. I'm working on Squirtles and Spindas right now.

I'd love to join this club. PM me if you get a lot of people. ^_^

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Nidorino/Nidoking FTW!

NICE!

i still remember as a little kid when i got my first Pokémon game (yellow), that nidoking was my favorite of all.

i got it all the way up to level 100 (one of three Pokémon TOTAL i've actually trained that much),

and i remember i accidentally killed Mewtwo with him

(i didn't know horn drill was a OHKO, i just thought it was a really, really strong attack ¬_¬)

anyways, the nidos are awesome, and definitely deserve a LOT more airtime than they get.

i also used to like gary better than ash for having one ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My first game was Yellow too :3 I used Nidoking and Nidoqueen both in one of my first great teams~

I love the nido's. Their design is great, and it's a little shame they are "early pokémon" in the games, catchable in the start, since you tend to forget about them then. Maybe. Though, Nidoran (male) helped me lots in Yellow, by beating Brock. And then I used Nidorino for quite a while until I replaced him, due to his balanced stats and ok atk.

Nidoking is the most awesome though. Decent stats (balanced at least) and ground type~ I love ground types. Give him earthquake, and he's unstoppable~

-goes to make a team revolving around Nidoking-

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Nidoran female could use another vote. She's absolutely cute.

I dunno where Dark Nido is, as it's his club, but it really comes down to him in what's going down. I would agree on a banner, but I'm not making this one. It didn't make the Gardevoir club any more special at the time AND it was a full animation.

Then again, it was kind of ahead of its time as R/S just kind of came out, and Gardevoir fans weren't yet in masse.

Actually, you could ride the club on fan art alone, except the majority has to be artists that can doodle quickly and for fun. That's essentially what we did before, which was nice because we'd do thematic pics, pics based off the other person's art, etc. It'd was more than posting up a random image found on a google image search... although I'm sure we did that, too. Of course, that won't work so well otherwise.

I don't buy the Pokemon games anymore, so I'm kinda at a loss for any game related aspects. Last thing I remember is raising up Nidorina, Nidorino, and Nidoqueen along with some others which I'm sure included a Miltank and Chikorita in Silver. Eventually I got a shiny Nidorina, named her Charlotte, and when I got bored with the game, used a Game Shark to make her...unnormal.

That's my last adventure I can remember with Nidos. That was what, several years ago?

KillingAlien250

Look, Run away!!!
    Years
  • Nidoran female could use another vote. She's absolutely cute.

I dunno where Dark Nido is, as it's his club, but it really comes down to him in what's going down. I would agree on a banner, but I'm not making this one. It didn't make the Gardevoir club any more special at the time AND it was a full animation.

Then again, it was kind of ahead of its time as R/S just kind of came out, and Gardevoir fans weren't yet in masse.

Actually, you could ride the club on fan art alone, except the majority has to be artists that can doodle quickly and for fun. That's essentially what we did before, which was nice because we'd do thematic pics, pics based off the other person's art, etc. It'd was more than posting up a random image found on a google image search... although I'm sure we did that, too. Of course, that won't work so well otherwise.

I don't buy the Pokemon games anymore, so I'm kinda at a loss for any game related aspects. Last thing I remember is raising up Nidorina, Nidorino, and Nidoqueen along with some others which I'm sure included a Miltank and Chikorita in Silver. Eventually I got a shiny Nidorina, named her Charlotte, and when I got bored with the game, used a Game Shark to make her...unnormal.

That's my last adventure I can remember with Nidos. That was what, several years ago?

Nice!But you're sure getting old, you aren't buying anymore those pkm games >.>
    BTW, The last thing ya said, that you used game shark?I wanted a way to stop lolling :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back