• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread [R/S/E]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ATTENTION
    TO EVERYONE PARTICIPATING IN A NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE, THERE IS GOING TO BE A NUZLOCKE GENERAL THREAD SOON WITH A SECTION FOR DPPt SO CONTINUE POSTING YOUR RUN THERE.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    CHAPTER 8 – A shocking new addition

My entry into New Mauville was celebrated with the newest addition to my team's ranks – Dash the Voltorb, lv.24, Naïve nature. New Mauville was a piece of cake and I headed onwards.

I Surfed across the little stretch of water on Route 118 hoping not to get Tentacool'd, - I wanted an Electrike in the grass beyond – and was successful. Picked up the Good Rod from the Fisherman and headed further down Route 118. I bumped into Steven for a pointless conversation and delved into the grass. First Pokemon I encountered was… a Manectric! What are the chances?! Oh, 10% according to Bulbapedia… Male, lv.26, Static as his ability (I found this out when Crash was paralysed on contact with him). Named him Major. His nature was Quiet… Ok I guess. Now I can stick Dash the Voltorb in the PC and concentrate on my new, 4th team member. Bulbapedia told me that Major wouldn't learn Thunderbolt naturally so I used the TM24 Wattson had rewarded me with for sorting out New Mauville.

Route 119 sucks. It's long and a Breloom nearly killed Major and you have to sit through the "It is raining" animation every damn turn… At least the Weather Institute was amusingly easy and has a bed to heal in. I obtained a Castform for saving the scientists, which I wasn't able to nickname for some reason. Female, lv.25, Timid nature. I'm not 100% sure I'm allowed to use her though, as she's the second Pokemon I obtained on Route 119 after catching Streaky the Linoone (lv.25, Male, Calm). I boxed Castform away just in case (not that I would have used her otherwise) and carried on, beating up May to obtain HM02. Swift was the lucky learner of Fly.

I reached Fortree City with little trouble, and looked around. An old lady gave me Hidden Power because I have psychic powers, a stupid girl wants to trade my Pikachu for her Skitty (why would I do that?!) and that's about it. Bulbapedia told me that Winona, the Gym leader, had an Altaria at level 33. A quick Ice Beam from Crash should sort that out quite nicely, so I figured I was already prepared to take her on… but something invisible was blocking the route to the Gym so I carried on down Route 120.

The first Pokemon I encountered on Route 120 was another Linoone, which I killed instead of capturing. I headed onwards and found Steven, who gave me the Devon Scope. He used it to make a Kecleon appear and attack; Major made short work of the Kecleon, which I couldn't catch anyway. Something tells me this Devon Scope will get me into Fortree Gym…

It did. I progressed with minimal difficulty past the Gym trainers (and don't you just love the puzzle in this Gym? I do) and set up a showdown with Winona… which was a complete anti-climax. I absolutely destroyed her, even though she switched in her Altaria a lot sooner than expected. 4 OHKOs later and I was outta there with a new Badge and the TM for Aerial Ace. I decided against teaching it to Swift as she was getting left behind level-wise – she was only lv.32 while Major, Charlie and Crash were at 37, 37 and 39 respectively.

Next up, I'll head down to Lilycove City and finally help Crash forget Rock Smash!

Current team:

Spoiler:

In PC:

Spoiler:

Deceased:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back