• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread [R/S/E]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    I'm gonna start whit a Nuzlocke on Ruby. I use the normal rules

First at all i did al the name and gender stuff. A boy named Nuzzy
    I came out the truck go in my room set the clock en picked the potion and saved the prof with a Mudkip. I named the Mudkip Tuff. travelt trough the two routes but at al routes appearerd a pokémon. I defeated May and get my pokéballs. I catcht a Zigzagoon, Zaggo. I trainend until Petalburg and let Wally be damn lucky and catcht his Ralts. On the next route i catcht a Wingull and named it Gull. The wild Wurmple i faced in the Petalburg woods was killed by a crit. Trained an trainend at the route above Rustboro and failed to catch a pokémon. Also at the tunnel i failed... Trainend and trainend and then i beated the first gym and i give rock tomb to Tuff.

Then i did al the other stuff and take the boat to Dewford. Catch a Makuhita and named it Sumo. I trainend it and but then a Aron appeard. I switcht to Gull and fired a Water gun who almost killt it. He tackeld me. I used Wing attack because i toucht the wrong button and Aron headbutt critted my poor Wingull dead.

R.I.P

Team:

Tuff, Marshtomp
    lv. 16
    - Tackle
    - Rock tomb
    - Mud slap
    - Water gun

Zaggo, Zigzagoon
    lv. 16
    - Cut
    - Sand attack
    - Tail whip
    - Headbutt

Sumo, Makuhita
    lv. 10
    - Tackle
    - Focus energy
    - Sand attack
    - Arm thrust

Boxed:

None

Dead:
    Gull, Wingull lv. 4 to lv. 15
    Killed by a Aron

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    I think I'll make this my first challenge on the Pokemon games. I'm going to use Emerald with the normal rules. My life is pretty busy at the moment, but I'll try to update weekly at the least.

Day 1:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I was being busy with other stuff the last few days, but today I finally continued:
    Spoiler:

So, let's just...
    Spoiler:

Finally, new places.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • ok...I got really far... Farther than i thought i would. I'll just start now...

-Started new game-went through the boring intro-Said i was a girl-Named her Sammy-Got out of the moving truck(Why was i riding in the back and not the front?!?)-Met Rival-Saw Prof Birch get attacked by a Poochyena(Weak!)-Chose Mudkip(Named Mimi afterwards)-Got to Odale town's Pokemon Center and organized my PC Boxes(named the last 5 boxes DEAD cause i didn't want to release the 'Dead' Pokemon)-Saw Poochyena on Route 103 but had no pokeballs :(-Owned my Rival-Got the Pokedex and some Pokeballs-Caught a Wurmple on Route 101 (named Slicks)-Grinded Slicks to level 5-Caught Zigzagoon on Route 102 (named Mugsy)-Mugsy picked up a useless Revive so I just sold it-Reached Petalburg and went to see my daddy and help Wally-Slicks died in battle against Rich Boy Winston-Caught a Silcoon in Petalburg Woods and named it Slicky in memory of Slicks(what a great Pokemon....)-Saved the Devon person-Got to Rustboro-Caught Whismur on Route 116 and named it Sheep for a weird reason.....**NOTE: I encountered a Skitty and being them so rare and that I loved Skitty, I caught it but put it in my PC DEAD box**-Sheep died in training for Roxanne :(-Went to Rusturf Tunnel and caught another Whismur (named Sheepy)-Mimi evolved into a Marshtomp-Went to challenge Roxanne and won :)-Ran into Devon person and he told me his troubles-Ventured to Rusturf Tunnel and rescued Peeko and the Devon Goods-Sailed to Dewford-Changed the trendy phrase to "ADULT TOYS" XD- Spent about 5 minutes laughing at the things the people said XD-Got a Silk Scarf from a random dude that i didn't know-Caught Makuhita in Granite Cave and named it Smacker-Got through Granite Cave without Flash because i played this game too many times and delivered Mr. Stone's Letter-Sailed to Slateport City-Caught Plusle on Route 110 and named Mimzy-Went back to Brawly after grinding a couple of more levels(this battle ate PP up like crazy!!)-Sheepy evolved!-Delivered the Devon Goods-Owned my Rival with level 17+ Pokemon on Route 110 **NOTE: I encountered a Minun before the Rival battle so I did the same thing as with the Skitty except I named it Mumzy (Mumzy and Mimzy...Makes sense right?)**-Caught Volbeat on Routee 117 (named Squishy)-Got really cocky and challenged Wattson before training and luckily I won (mostly OHKOs and 2HKOs)-Bought some Great Balls in Mauville cause I was running low after I got the Mach Bike-Traveled to the Rusturf Tunnel and cleared it and finally realized why it was called Rusturf Tunnel (I never payed much attention to it cause it was so small and only had Whismar in it)-Ventured through Route 111 fighting Trainers as I went along-Arrived at Feiry Path and caught a Torkoal and named it Smokes-Caught a Numel on Route 112 (named Lemun)-Caught Sandshrew on route 113 (named Spins)- Grinded levels- Grinded some more levels-Mugsy finally evolved-Arrived at Fallarbor Town-Caught Lotad on Routh 114 (was hoping for a Swablu) and named it Dots-Caught a Lunatone in Meteor Falls and named it Luna-Rescued Prof. Cozmo-Grind more than people at a skate demo-backtracked to Fiery Path and fought Archie and retrieved the Meteorite (Mimi got very close to fainting but he pulled through for me:) )-Owned Flannery didn't need to train for her-Recived Go-Goggles from Rival-Went to desert part of Route 111 and caught a Trapinch and named it Click-Meant to grab Root Fossil before I left the desert but totally forgot-Caught another Numel on Jagged Pass and named it Num-Nums-Went to Petalburg Gym and defeated all the Trainers 'cept for daddy (stupid Delcatties kept putting me to sleep but Mimi pulled through several, several times)-Went back to the desert to grab the Root Fossil and to grind some more levels

CURRENT TEAM:
    Mimi/Marshtomp, Level 29
    Mimzy/Plusle, Level 22 (Route 110)
    Click/Trapinch, Level 23 (Route 111)
    Smacker/Makuhita, Level 22 (Granite Cave)
    Num-Nums/Numel, Level 21 (Jagged Pass)
    Luna/Lunatone, Level 22 (Meteor Falls)

R.I.P.
    Slicks/Wurmple, Level 6 (Routh 101)
    Sheep/Whismur, Level 9 (Route 116)
    Slicky/Silcoon, Level 5 (Petalburg Woods) (Not really dead, but might as well be...)

Years
  • Massive update (including the first gym battle) ahead.
    Spoiler:

More Update. Tragedy strikes.
    Spoiler:

More update, more tragedy.
    Spoiler:

Note:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Here's an update of my progress:

Day 2:

Spoiler:

Day 3

Spoiler:

Years
  • Time to stop my negative series of 3 failed runs, but I also don't feel like playing a regular game... Emerald 386 is my choice, and this time I'm for once not going to die. No screenshots, just regular progress updates and stuff. Because I don't feel like thinking of funny (or not) comments.

Rules: Basic Nuzlocke rules+Set mode.

Ok, first Update. In Boring log mode because I'm lazy.
    Spoiler:

More Update
    Spoiler:
    Suddenly, spoiler splitting. Haven't had this problem for weeks. Dammit.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Another Update:

Day 4

Spoiler:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Yay! I wasn't interested in these kinds of challenges until reading the comic strip. But now I'm really excited!

I'm ChrisTom, this is the first challenge I'm participating in and I'm picking Sapphire. My starter will be Treecko(not because it was in the comic, but because it's the only one I haven't used for Hoenn). I'll keep you posted!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Years
  • New update.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    :t253:m Fran @/ - Lv.26 - Pursuit, Screech, Absorb, Quick Attack - Brave, Overgrow - Route 101

:t130:m Hazael @KingsRock - Lv.26 - Splash, Tackle, Bite, Dragon Rage - Bashful, Intimidate - Route 106
    :t302:f Malene @SilkScarf - Lv.28 - Scratch, Fake Out, Night Shade, Astonish - Hasty, Keen Eye - Granite Cave

:t052:m Hristofor @/ - Lv.26 - Scratch, Growl, Bite, Pay Day - Bold, Pickup - Route 110
    :t284:m Askr Lv.27 @/ - Bubble, Quick Attack, Gust, Bubblebeam - Careful, Intimidate - Route 104
    :t159:m Eibhear Lv.26 @/ - Scratch, Leer, Bite, Water Gun - Naive, Torrent - Altering Cave

Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead (Box "Hell"):
    :t263:f Sevda - Lv.4-14 - Route 102 - May's Torchic, Rustboro
    :t012:m Uzziel - Lv.6-21 - Petalburg Woods - Pokefan's Plusle or Minun, north of Slateport

No catches: Route 103

Looking at it, only Sableye can actually fight Wattson. Groyvle and Meowth can't touch Magnemite/ton (not even with Screech, I tried it), and while Gyara, Masquerain and Croconaw can deal some nice damage to these things, they're all weak to Electric, so I can't use them. Looks like it will soon be massive grinding time again, especially since some of the normal trainers are already giving me problems.
    Well, I might consider getting a Flamethrower Jigglypuff, but that's not going to be easy... It would definetely be helpful though.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Ok.
    Here is my current progress:

I have my first gym badge and have just set foot in Dewford. The only Pokemon who has died so far is Zig the Zigsagoon but that wasn't a big deal because I only caught him as a backup anyways.

My current team is:

Malakai the Treecko at Lvl 14

Nippers the Poochyena at Lvl 10

Mr.Chirps the Taillow at Lvl 11

Jared the Wingull at Lvl 11

Miran the Nincada at Lvl 10

I'll be sure to keep you posted! ^_^

Years
  • Emerald 386 is seriously harder than I was thinking. After managing most of the rest of the Mauville area without major problems and evolving Eibhear into Feraligatr, I took on the Winstrate family. The first three had already died without causing any greater troubles, but then suddenly that Meditite killed Fran (Groyvle), who still had quite a lot of HP with High Jump Kick after not getting OHKOd by Leaf Blade. Great, my only Pokemon that's good against Electric types just died.
    Currently grinding Roxelana (now already a Jigglypuff) and Alastriona the Illumise (dammit, I wanted an Oddish) up to the rest of the remaining team, and then I'll proceed to grind everyone to level 35 or so.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Alright. Luckily I haven't lost any friends yet. I've just now defeated May at the underpass. All of my Pokemon are level 15 with the exception of my newly evolved Grovyle. I do have a question though:

If I save the game before battle, and faint in battle, can I simply open up that save file and try again?

I've been doing that for a while now and I just wanted to make sure before I make large progress in the game. Thank you so much! ^_^

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • Okay from where I left off from last time... Went trained in the desert until my team was level 30+ and grabbed the Root Fossil-Click, Smacker and Num-Nums evolved-Went to challenge Daddy and won!(the second Slaking was hard...)-Got Surf from Wally's parents-Taught Surf to Smacker(didnot know that Hariyama can learn Surf)-Caught Electrike on Route 118 and named it Volts-Cleared the Weather Institute of Team Aqua...need to go back and get Castform-Defeated Rival on Route 119 but lost Num-Nums in battle-Replaced Num-Nums with Smokes-Went to Route 120 and caught Kecleon and recieved the Devon Scope-Defeated Winona but lost Volts (stupid Skarmory)-Traversed to Route 121 and Caught Shuppet (Spooks)-Trained a bit and Click and Spooks evolved-Visited Lilycove before i went to Mt. Pyre-Encountered Tentacool on Route 122 but didn't feel like catching it-Encountered another Shuppet in Mt. Pyre....wanted to get a Vulpix...didn't catch it-Archie stole the Red Orb and I received the Blue Orb-Flew to Slateport City and witnessed Team Aqua steal the Sub-Flew to Lilycove and surfed to the Team Aqua Hideout-Was gonna try to Catch the Electrode but it used Selfdestruct before i had a chance-Found the Masterball (Yay!)-Team Aqua escaped with the Sub-Surf to Mossdeep City(used some Repels to keep Pokemon away...didn't feel like fighting)-Defeated Tate & Liza (didn't need to train...my Pokemon was level 43+)-Received Dive from Steven-Went to Route 127 and 128 and found the Seafloor Cavern-fought Archie and defeated him-He awoken Kyogre and it started raining....very hard-Went to Sootopolis City (Too many o's in that city)-Went to the Cave of Origin and used my Masterball on Kyogre-Trained to level 49+-Challenged Wallace and won the Rain Badge(not so tough)-Ventured to Ever Grande City (not much of a city...again used Repels)-Victory Road was a breeze-Wally was a breeze(Delcatty gave me trouble with it's Assist)-Somehow managed to grind till my team was level 60+-The time has come....I challenged the Elite Four but spent all my money on Full Restores first-Arrived at Sidney-Used Smacker the whole time and it was super easy(OHKO's)-One down...four to go-Arrived at Phoebe-Used Spooks and Phoebe went easily...although the Sableye gave me trouble-Two down....Three to go-Arrived at Glacia-Used Mimzy, Smacker and Smokes and she went down like a charm...So far so good-three down...Two to go-Arrived at Drake-Used Click-All was good until Drake's last Pokemon, Salamence, came out and Click fainted so i used Mimzy and Mimzy avenged Click-Four down....one left....this is it-Made sure everyone was ready....then proceeded to the room with Steven, the Champion-Most of his Pokemon went out with 2HKO's- it was down to Me, with 5 Pokemon, to Steven, with only his Armadlo left-Thinking I was gonna win, I went all out (kinda was a bad idea)-Used Mimi's Muddy Water-Mimi ended up fainting from Aerial Ace-Sent out Smokes, knowing that fire is super-effetive agaist bug but Armadlo was too fast and OHKOed Smokes-Used Smacker and, alas! He went down too-I was down to two Pokemon, Mimzy and Spooks-I decided to play it safe....a tactic i never really used before...-Sent out Mimzy...three turns later she fainted-My last Pokemon...-GOOOOO...SPOOKS! AVENGE THEM ALL!!!-Used Curse at the start and then just waited it out...when i felt it was safe i would use Shadow Ball- Just kept using Full Restores whenever Spooks got hit ( I had like 30 of them in my bag at that point and wasn't really using them up until now)-After about 20 turns, my patience paid off and Armadlo fainted-stared at the screen for a while, processing what just happened then started shouting-YAY!!! I JUST DID IT!!!!

Hall of Fame Debut: 32:36

Winning team(or who was left):
    Spooks/Banette, Level 60 (Route 121)

R.I.P.
    Mimi/Swampert, Level 65
    Mimzy/Plusle, Level 66 (Route 110)
    Smokes/Torkoal, Level 63 (Fiery Path)
    Click/Flygon, Level 67 (Route 111)
    Smacker/Hariyama, Level 64 (Granite Cave)
    Num-Nums/Camerupt, Level 34 (Jagged Pass)

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • *attempts to raise popularity*
    in other words, BUMP.
    But seriously i will try this challenge on Sapphire.
    (Oh yeah, i added a challenge, i cannot use healing items except during Gym leaders and E4)
    Chose Treecko, named Draeae.
    Decided to not count pokemon encountered until i get pokeballs.
    So on Route 101 i got Poochyena.
    called Arooo
    On Route 103 I got Zigzagoon called Zagzig (will not use)
    On Route 102 got a Taillow named Kaw, will be on team.
    Did Wally Stuff
    On route 104 caught a Wurmple called Xoth and desperately hoped for a Cascoon.
    In Petalburg woods, encountered a Silcoon which i wanted, but accidently killed it with a crit.
    Got my wish when Xoth evolved.
    On route 116 caught a Whismur called Whiner. Do not want.
    Challenged Roxanne. Bad idea, as my pokemon were underleveled.
    Xoth switched out to Draeae first, but Draeae took heavy damage from Geodude. Used Absorb, halfway healing me and leaving Geodude with 1 hp
    Roxanne healed Geodude, leaving him open for another absorb, fully healing Draeae. Geodude fainted. Nosepass came out, i used absorb, Nosepass had 2/3 health left, he used Rock tomb and got Draeae down to 3 hp. Fearing for my life, i used absorb, Nosepass has 1/3. Nosepass killed Draeae. Thinking that was it for me, i switched in to Kaw, who was very lucky and got 4 Wing Attacks in, while Nosepass kept missing Rock Tomb. Finally he hit, but Nosepass had a tiny amount. Kaw died, and Xoth finished it off with Confusion. Wow. That sucks.
    I really suck at this dont i? Arooo, which i was grindin', died from a critted Water gun by a wild Wingull. All I want is a decent battling team.
    Went to Granite Cave, lucked out, and caught a Makuhita, which i called Dosukoi. (You know, that sumo shout)
    Got Old rod, fished in Dewford for a Magikarp. Caught it, unfortunately it was at lv 5. named it Grashcrash. Beat Brawly with barely a scratch with my Xoth.
    Went to Slateport, did stuff, and got a Plusle at Route 110. Disappointed, I named it addend.
    Went up to Mauville, got Lucky and caught a Volbeat on route whatever is left of Mauville.
    Thats rare right? Wait, who am i talking to, nobody reads this.
    *sighs* Okay I went north. Caught a Grimer at steam cave and numel at route 112. Grimers are cool, but i already have a poison type.
    caught a Spinda. called it Pachiri. Still looking for trainable pokemon. tried Numel, decided he was too pathetic.
    Went Down, got a Swablu, which was worth training. called it elegy. Got screwed over in Meteor falls, where i wanted a lunatone but got a zubat instead. (called it No. Why? Just ... no.)
    RIP Xoth. Lost it against Archie on Mt. Chimney. There goes my longest-lived pokemon.
    RIP Elegy. I know. I wanted to train it so bad, but it instantly went down by an OHKO critted Karate Chop by a WILD Machop (Jagged Pass). Caught the machop and called it I HATE YOU. and i dont even need it.
    My team
    Spoiler:

In box
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • meh. Swept Lavaridge with just dosukoi, and trying to train Splund. got go-goggles, and caught an useless Sandshrew in the desert. Picked a Lileep fossil, and restored it at Rustboro. Happy, called it gneiss. Swept Norman with Vital Throw, but i admit it was close. While surfing at route 11...whatevers right of Mauville, gneiss died from a Tentacool. First used Wrap so i couldnt escape, then proceeded to Acid it to death (I got a Linoone there). Its like the whole world is against me. But i got this far, so i shouldnt complain. got an awesome Magnemite at New mauville, called it Rarecoil, and proceeded to use on team. On route 119, caught an Oddish. I wanted a cool pokemon, but oddish's not bad, providing i can find a leaf stone. (or sun) named it ploom after the oddish in my failed blue nuzlocke. Got Leaf stone and evolved ploom into Vileplume. Rarecoil evolved. And then i challenged Winona. I seriously thought i was going to win. and then... boom. Altaria used Earthquake. Come on, how does that thing know earthquake? Needless to say, my rarecoil was owned. My whole team, including dosukoi, was taken out. Thankfully, i had the sense to deposit Ploom in a box before, but i dont think i stand a chance anymore. So thats it. im giving up. for now.
    My team
    Spoiler:

In box
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Soooooo I was going to try this on my LeafGreen but then when I started, my rival's Charmander critted Scratch and KO'd my Astro. Do I get the record for fastest loss? D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    I'll give it a go for Sapphire, although I'm new to this and haven't even completed a Solo yet :/

Ok so far I have a Torchic named KAIN (Route 101) and a Shroomish named EUTYCHUS (Petalburg Woods). KAIN is level 12 and EUTYCHUS is level 8. Already had a Wurmple named BOAZ and a Zigzagoon named HELLADIOS die :/

I'll try and keep you updated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back