• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
Years
  • Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
  • New Update on White:

Spoiler:

Well thats it for now, I'll post the rest once I beat Elesa and the fourth gym.

Graveyard
    Spoiler:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Update on my Nuzloke challenge on Pearl:
    - I beat my Rival
    - I caugth Zazou (Zubat) in Ravaged Path
    - I failed to catch an Abra on Route 203
    - I caugth Zabby(Zubat) in Oreburgh Gate
    - I caugth Two Arms(Geodude) on Route 207
    - I caugth Rocky(Geodude) in Oreburgh Mine

My team:
    399.png

Buddy - Lv 8
    Jolly - Unaware
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Rock Smash
    399.png

GnurkGnurk - Lv 9
    Hardy - Unaware
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Defense Curl
    387.png

Twiggy - Lv 9
    Jolly - Overgrow
    - Tackle
    - Withdraw
    - Absorb
    74.png

Rocky - Lv 9
    Bashful - Rock Head
    - Tackle
    - Defense Curl
    - Mud Sport
    - Rock Polish

Inbox:
    Gold Fish the Magikarp Lv 6
    Zazou the Zubat Lv 5
    Zabby the Zubat Lv 6
    Two Arms the Geodude Lv 6

R.I.P.:
    FlyingJ the Starly

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • I'ma do a Red nuzlocke challenge with the following rules:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. Heal once per Area
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. NICKNAME POKEMANZ
    5. No catching legendaries
    6. No trading, whatsoever
    7. Change the battle style to SET
    8. Record a video of it :D

I'll have the video out by next week

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Update on my Pearl's challenge:
    - I get my first badge
    - I caugth Smurf(Pachirosiu) in Valey Windwork
    - I beat Team Galactic
    - I caugth Punk(Shellos) on Route 205
    - I caugth a Puff Ears(Buneary) in the forest
    - I failed to catch a pokemon on Route 211
    - I prevent Bidoof to evolve so I won't have a type disavantage on my second gym battle.

My team:
    399.png

Buddy - Lv 17
    Jolly - Unaware
    - Headbutt
    - Rollout
    - Rock Smash
    - Defense Curl
    427.png

Puff Ears - Lv 18
    Jolly - Run Away
    - Pound
    - Defense Curl
    - Quick Attack
    - Endure
    41.png

Zabby - Lv 18
    Lax - Inner Focus
    - Wing Attack
    - Supersonic
    - Astonish
    - Bite
    388.png

Twiggy - Lv 20
    Jolly - Overgrow
    - Tackle
    - Curse
    - Absorb
    - Razor Leaf

Inbox:
    GnurkGnurk the Bidoof Lv 10
    Two Arms the Geodude Lv 10
    Rocky the Geodude Lv 10
    Gold Fish the Magikarp Lv 10
    Punk the Shellos Lv 10
    Zazou the Zubat Lv 10
    Smurf the Pachirisiu Lv 7

R.I.P.:
    FlyingJ the Starly

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • Hey, been a long time since I did one of these, (on Pokecommunity at least), so I'll start a new one. My rules will be as follows:

2. Each PC grants 2 heals. One before a gym, one after.
    3. Catch/Recieve only ONE pokemon.
    4. Nickname all
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. No trading.
    7. Can only use Pokeballs, not any other kind

(not doing first pokemon, it's not stated in the OP)

And as I suck at drawing, sorry, but no comics. I will try and post decent logs, so don't think I'm trying to give as little fun in the posting. :P

EDIT: Added a new rule for myself.

Last edited:

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
    Years
  • Here's what I remember from what I did (a lot)

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    idr right now...

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Update on my challenge:
    - I get my second badge
    - Zabby fainted :(
    - I beat Team Galactic
    - Punk fainted
    - I caugth Everywhere (my third Geodude) in Wayard Cave
    - Buddy evolved into Bibarel
    - For a reason I don't know, all my team have a Jolly nature O.0

My team:
    427.png

Puff Ears - Lv 19
    Jolly - Run Away
    - Pound
    - Quick Attack
    - Defense Curl
    - Endure
    388.png

Twiggy - Lv 21
    Jolly - Overgrow
    - Tackle
    - Curse
    - Absorb
    - Razor Leaf
    400.png

Buddy - Lv 21
    Jolly - Unaware
    - Headbutt
    - Rollout
    - Rock Smash
    - Defens Curl
    129.png

Gold Fish - Lv 16
    Jolly - Swift Swim
    - Splash
    - Tackle

Inbox:
    GnurkGnurk the Bidoof lv 10
    Two Arms the Geodude lv 10
    Rocky the Geodude lv 10
    Everywhere the Geodude lv 15
    Zazou the Zubat lv10
    Smurf the Pachirisiu lv 7

R.I.P.:
    FlyingJ the Starly
    Zabby the Zubat
    Punk the Shellos

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
  • Well, I've been busy lately, but yesterday I got into a gaming mood. Result: Double Update!

Spoiler:

The Team:
    Spoiler:

The Graveyard
    Spoiler:

We just had the first loss since Striaton City, thankfully it was Scrappy. Lets face it he was death fodder since the beginning. I'm still blaming him for our losses at the first gym.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Karp. I'm bored. So I'm gonna try a Nuzlocke with Emerald so that my thirst to play RSE can be quenced =) I'll do it with these rules and I'll start tomorrow =)

3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    7. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)

Years
  • Have fun, Jakey!

Anyhow, let's get down to business, kids.

exrubyandsapphire.gif

So, I guess this is technically my first update of my Sapphire run, but I'm already pretty far in the game, so there's not much time to explain everything that went on. Basically, my Mudkip died to a crit from Roxanne's Nosepass, my Wingull died to Brawly's Makuhita, and my Nincada suffered a training "injury". Anyhow, let's get this show on the road.

I've had too many battles with Wattson to know he's a pushover. The powerful steel typing of his Magnemite and Magneton, resisting my attacks like I was merely throwing pebbles at them. I knew that a Gyarados, and some luck were my best chances at victory. So I throw Kairoy the Magikarp in Daycare, along with Charlie the Whismur, while attempting to train Juan the Roselia. So Juan died, due to a critical hit, but all faith was not lost. Kairoy wasn't leveling fast enough, so I grabbed Charlie and ran. I then trained Ray, my Electrike, to Lv. 25, and Kate, my Linoone, to Lv. 22. At the Winstrate house, Charlie leveled up to Lv. 20, thus evolving into a Loudred. My team for the Gym was pretty much solidified for the gym at this point, I just needed to pay a visit to a house in Southern Mauville, a visit that would pay off.

Gym Trainers already defeated, I quickly maneuvered my way through the Gym's puzzles and went straight to Wattson. I'll admit, I was a tad unprepared, but I have no regrets. Wattson leads with Magnezone and I begin by sending out Ray. I paralyze it, it paralyzes me. It's pretty much Loudred bait now, so Charlie enters the field. Cue endless Howling, Cheri Berry Usage, Paralyzing, Thundershocking and Restoring until Charlie is at +5. I should be able to sweep with ease since Charlie knows Rock Smash, so let's see what happens. Next up is Voltorb. It uses Sonic Boom as I Howl, next I Pound it and it barely survives. I then recall a Nuzlocke comic in which Wattson's Voltorb recites the line "Fear me, for I am the bane of a thousand nuzlockers" or something along the lines of that. I poked fun at it, because Voltorb is feared because of its access to SelfDestruct, a move notorious for killing Pokemon, but this Voltorb didn't have Selfdestruct. OR DID IT?!?!?!!?!!?!?1. Click the Spoiler to find out!

Spoiler:

So Ray takes out Voltorb with Quick attack, now I have to face Wattson's toughest Pokemon; Magneton. Ray paralyzes as I watch Shock Wave take out a good chunk of his health. I then switch to Kate, who Rock Smashes it. Magneton returns with a Shock Wave that would 2HKO Kate. So I go back to Ray and keep stalling with Quick attack, hoping it will run out of PP, as my Super Potions dwindle. I send out my Poochyena and Plusle to take hits and heal Kate [omg Karp is so terrible] as it shock waves away. I keep Quick Attacking and Healing until I have about 7 Potions and Magneton is at yellow. I then Leer it a few times before I switch to Linoone. Magneton uses Sonicboom and then I charge forward, putting everything into this one Rock Smash. I was his Magneton's HP dwindle and suddenly stop. It survived. Oh god, oh god, oh god. Except, what's this? Wattson didn't heal. I RocK Smash again. GAME. And that ends this update. Cba'd to post my team atm,.

Bastion

Nuzlocker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2013
    I'm starting probably my 50th Nuzlocke run. XD Only recently have I started nuzocking rom hacks.

This time I'm nuzlocking the rom hack Flora Sky.

Rules:
    -Pokemon faint=death (I choose to permanently box them instead of releasing them)
    -Nickname all Pokemon caught.
    -Only allowed to catch first Pokemon in area.
    -No duplicates. If a duplicate is first encounter, you have two more chances to find a non-duplicate. If nothing after three tries, move on.
    -If you encounter a Pokemon that has previously died, you are allowed to catch it.
    -Not allowed to catch Pokemon from an evolutionary line you already have.
    -No healing items including status healing items. Non-healing items are okay.
    -No legendaries.
    -Pokemon catch rules are nullified if a shiny is encountered.

I think that's all the rules. XD I've used these so many times it's just become natural gameplay.

[This is the fourth time I'm starting this though. DX This hack hates me. I kept losing my starter against my rival to one-hit critical hits. T.T]

I may post updates periodically if I remember. xP

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
  • I then recall a Nuzlocke comic in which Wattson's Voltorb recites the line "Fear me, for I am the bane of a thousand nuzlockers" or something along the lines of that. I poked fun at it, because Voltorb is feared because of its access to SelfDestruct, a move notorious for killing Pokemon, but this Voltorb didn't have Selfdestruct.

On that note, I was doing a Nuzlocke run of Crystal. I had just gotten Togepi from the egg, and as soon as it learned Metronome...it used Self-destruct!

Togepi suicide bomber

Years
  • On that note, I was doing a Nuzlocke run of Crystal. I had just gotten Togepi from the egg, and as soon as it learned Metronome...it used Self-destruct!

Togepi suicide bomber

That sucks Dx

I'm not the type of player who gambles with things like Metronome, though. Metronome has even more suicide options in Gen V, though, with Final Gambit and Lunar Dance.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • That sucks Dx

I'm not the type of player who gambles with things like Metronome, though. Metronome has even more suicide options in Gen V, though, with Final Gambit and Lunar Dance.
    Reminds me when I was playing through Blue trying to catch all the Pokemon. I had like 5 level 10 Pokemon and a lv. 100 Mewtwo beating the elite four over and over with the Exp Share. I was fighting Agatha and Mewtwo self destructed against her Gengar. I had no revives...

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I guess I'll sign up for this. I've been wanting to do one for a while. Since this is my first Nuzlocke, I'm going to be doing this with the core rules and the nickname rule only. I will, however add one twist: I will download a Jirachi from the bonus disc. If this Jirachi stays alive throughout the challenge, I will be able to "wish" back my fallen Pokémon at the end of the challenge (so I can Pal Park them to my gen IV and V games). This means I'll probably use it sparingly to make sure it doesn't die.

Here is what I have done so far:
    -Got Torchic from Birch, named him Flare
    -Grinded to level 7
    -Fought May: Her Mudkip hit me with TWO critical hits in a row in that battle. I barely survived with 2 hp (that would have been an epic failure for my first try X_X)
    -Had a Fateful Encounter with a Jirachi

Current Team
    Spr_3r_255.png

Flare
    Lv. 8
    Hasty

Spr_3r_385.png

JIRACHI
    Lv. 5
    Quirky

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I started my SoulSilver Nuzlocke months ago, so short of typing out EVERYTHING that's happened, I'll just post my team and my fallen heroes (I'm grinding to take on Clair at the moment):

The team:
    Spoiler:

The fallen heroes:
    Spoiler:

In the box:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back