• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
Years
  • Man, I haven't updated in a while. :P Well, that's what happens when exam week comes along I guess...I've spent waaay too much time studying like mad. Anyways, here's an update that's long overdue:

Name: Mei
    Game: Ruby
    Badges: 5/8
    Time: 29:38

The Fourth and Fifth Gyms:
    Spoiler:

Surfing Fun:
    Spoiler:

Rain, Rain, and More Rain:
    Spoiler:

The Mei Crew:
    Spoiler:

The Backup:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I'l sign up playing Pokemon Sapphire on emulator

I'l sign up playing Pokemon Sapphire on emulator

btw i'll only be going with the 2 important rules for my nuzlocke challenge and im already in petalburg woods with a silcoon lv7 a torchic lv10 and a lotad lv10 and the only death so far was a lv5 slakoth

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    sign me up as well
    doing the 2 main rules
    ruby

Also i'm going by the rule that even if it is a duplicate; sucks for me then because thats what i can catch
    (this will make it a tad more difficult due to the barrage of zigzagoons)

Last edited:

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • I'm In

This Seems awesome...

I already made my first comic. I'll upload it later tonight. (Granted it's not my "best" drawing works but any who) If you want me to rather relive my adventure through text to be more legible, Please Tell me.

I'm Doing a FireRed run.

I have right now...

Charmander, Lvl 11 A female (Yes, I know I'm going to think of a more-better name)

Zira The Pidgey, Female lvl 10

Vladamir The Mankey, Male lvl 9

Years
  • I'll take this challenge on. I started one before but never finished it. I'll restart it, the game being Fire Red. Oh by the way, does that only one Pokemon per area rule mean the first wild Pokemon you find? Or can you search over and over until you find the one you want?

Edit: All right, I've already started my challenge. As for my question, I left that in my mind as "up for interpretation" for now. But now it's time for the storytelling portion of my challenge.

Beginning of the adventure:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Tell me what you think guys. I'll continue the story telling if you like it, but be prepared for huge walls of text. Also, please let me know about that single Pokemon per area rule if you're supposed to catch the first Pokemon of an area. Hope you like it!

Edit 2: All right guys, I'm back with another update of my Nuzlocke run of Fire Red. Hope you like how this turned out.

Through Viridian Forest and to the First Gym Battle:
    Spoiler:

Going to Mt. Moon:
    Spoiler:

Traversing Mt. Moon:
    Spoiler:

Nugget Bridge, Bill's House, and the 2nd Gym Battle:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Finally, that's it for this update. Hopefully you guys enjoy it. Peace!

Last edited:

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Nuzlocke Update FireRed

So far During my travels.... in FireRed

My name is the game ... is Red (Not all Caps) (Original right? Heh heh heh)
    My Rival is named Blue ( Not all caps) (Again, Original, am I right?)

Spoiler:

Badges Collected: 1
    Boulder Badge

Pokemon Level Recap

Chameleon(Female) - Level 17
    Vladamir(Male) - Level 16<-- Mankey
    Henry(Male) - Level 15 <--- Nidoran(Male)
    Zira(Female) - Level 15 <-- Pidgey
    Lucifer(Male) - Level 13 <-- Zubat

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I'm finally starting one of these!

I'll do it with FireRed, and observe rules 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7. I will also leave all healing to Pokemon Centers up to the Elite Four, when I can use items - a variant on rule #2.

Also, for rule #3, I will only be able to catch the first Pokemon encountered, unless it's a duplicate, then I have a choice as to whether to catch it or the first non-duplicate.

Okay, so my second time against Gary in Cerulean City, Squirtle killed everyone. I failed... I had Charmeleon, Magikarp, and Spaerow, and a L3 Rattata in my box.

I really needed to keep my Mankey alive through Viridian Forest (died to a crit), as I had to sacrifice my Butterfree to Brock, so I was left with just Charmeleon after Pewter City.

I will start over, hopefully things go better this time around. Maybe start with Squirtle/Bulbasaur? Although I really like Charizard.

Last edited:

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • Exams are over, and the livin's easy. Which means...update time!!!
    Oh and by the way...guess what I found while grinding?
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

:D

Time: 41:22
    Badges: 7/8

The Sixth Gym:
    Spoiler:

The Troublesome Twins and the Seventh Gym:
    Spoiler:

The Mei Crew:
    Spoiler:

The Backup:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pikabowser123

The Jack of all Trades
    Years
  • Duck!!!!

I going to have to Restart My Nuzlocke.... Cause of Little Brother (I'm crying for my pokemon.) He cleared my data to start his new game So this is Take 2 of Nuzlocke will Update after every gym.

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • A quickie update for y'all. Next one will be the Elite Four! Wish me luck, guys.
    Oh, and I found ANOTHER shiny, this time a Zubat! However, a certain lilttle sister of mine grabbed the DS from my hands and made the game freeze, so I couldn't catch it...*sigh* :( Oh well. I'm happy with my one shiny.

Time: 50:00
    Badges: 8/8

Saving the World, At A Price:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The Final Gym:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The Mei Crew:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The Backup:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    going for diamond, starting nkiow, will update soon

Ok, first update.
    I begin my adventure and see the story about the red Gyarados and visit my friend Barry. Barry tells me to head out to the lake, and fines me. We find the briefcase and are attacked by wild Starly, I choose Piplup as my starter. We defeat the Starly's and head to professer to tell him about what happened. He agrees to let us keep the pokemon and I name my Piplup Kenny. Dawn, Rowan's assistant showsme all the key places and stuff. I gop back and train KENNY to level 8. In short I basically get majority of the earlie game stuff done.

TEAM
    The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Kenny
    - Level 8
    -Pound
    -Growl
    -Bubble

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    putting the ruby nuzlocke on hold
    starting a firered one
    Rules: the 2 basic ones and no trading yadadada
    also dupe clause
    im adding a different rule for my self as well
    once i have a team of six i can only use that team of 6 (i can still can catch others, i am just unable to use them until one of the original 6 dies)
    another thing: a duplicate from the same family can not be caught again even if the past one dies ie cant catch a metapod on route X if a caterpie was caught on Route Y

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Second Update!
    After learning how to catch Pokemon, I go out on my own. I encounter a Starly, catch it and name her Kaylee. I grind up Kaylee and Kenny and head to route 204. I encounter a Budew but kill it, so no catching there. I beat all the trainers for more training. I go to Raveged Path, and catch a dreaded Zubat, I name it Kyle, box it and continue. I move on to route 203 and easily take out Barry. I fail to catch another Starly. I head out to Oreberg pass and catch a Geodude, name him Kevin. I make it to oreberg but before the gym I head out to route 207 to train and get another Pokemon. Kevin falls during a battle against a Machop, I catch the Machop and name her Kim.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]I should beneath the leaf green title :) did it with this team:

Nidoking (mr nido the trade from that girl near creaulien city)

Gyrados (level 5 majikarp that old man gives you)

Zapdos (used max repel in power plant)

Machamp (caught as lv 25 machop)

Dragonite (bought from game corner)

Charizard (wonder where I got that?)

I'm afraid machamp and nidoking didn't survive :'( miss them greatly[/SIZE]

[SIZE="a"]Imma champion of leaf green! :)[/SIZE]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    I'm gonna do a complete Nuzlocke through all 5 Generations, I've started my Red already. Then Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White.

I picked Bulbasaur, so far I have Pikachu, Pidgey, and Nidoran Male. Things are going well for me ^^.
    I'll post up some comics later.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    UPDATE!!!!
    I visit Oreburg mine but the first wild encounter is a zubat so screw it. I battle all the trainers and meet Roark. I grind up all my Pokes and easily get through the gym easily. I head back to Jublife and kick some galactic butt. I visit ravaged path again and miss Kevin (RIP). I visit floromatown and beat some more galactic. I fail to catch a couple buizels and heas to eterna forest. I use Cheryl to level up like crazy and catch a Wurmple and name her Karla. I level them all up to 20 and go to the Gym. I kill through Gardenia with Kaylee. Thats all for now. Dont wanna upload screenies so.
    TEAM
    Prinplup (Kenny)- level 20
    Staravia (Kaylee)- level21
    Machop (Kim)- level 20
    Beautifly (Karla)- lebel 20

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    LOLJK. Guess the battery in my game doesn't work. My dad tried to fix it on his own, after I asked him to bring a pliers home so I could do it myself, and now my red game might be shot. Yipeee!!

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I currently have 6 Badges and I just fought Mars. On Platinum btw.
    Spoiler:

GGK

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Alright. I beat my Emerald Nuzlocke, but I'm to lazy to update it all. My final team was.

Apollo, the Blaziken
    Basel, the Sableye
    Hary, the Haryama
    Wally, the Walrein

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back