• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Spoiler:

TheWeirdBadger

Ice Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • Nuzlocke Crystal

I will be playing in Crystal. The rules I will be using are:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. No Healing Outside of battle (optional)
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    7. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)
    8. Make Comics whenever something amazing happens. (optional, but still reccomended :I)

Also, I'm not /really/ starting the challenge until after I can actually start catching Pokemon.
    Woo! Can't wait!!

A question: as far as having to catch the first Pokemon you see, does it have to be the very first Pokemon, or the first new one?

Last edited:

Iced

Aspiration
    Years
  • I'll be starting the challenge with Pokemon Crystal.

--Current Party--

Quilava (Quilava) - level 18 [Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember]
    Poliwag (Swirly) - level 18 [Bubble, Hypnosis]
    Bellsprout (Sapling) - level 19 [Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, Wrap, Flash]
    Zubat (Zubat) - level 19 [Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Confuse Ray] Shiny!
    Kadabra (Wrath) - level 18 [Disable, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Confusion]

--Other Pokemon--

Togepi (Togepi) - level ? [Growl, Charm, Mud-Slap] In daycare.

--Adventure Log--

I chose my starter, Cyndaquil.
    I retrieved the Mystery Egg.
    I fought my rival for the first time and won.
    I took the egg to Prof. Elm.
    I caught a Poliwag on Route 30, named it Swirly.
    I purchased some supplies.
    I caught a Bellsprout on Route 31, named it Sapling.
    I caught a Zubat in Dark Cave, it was shiny!
    I made my way to Violet City.
    I went through Sprout Tower and got HM Flash.
    Zubat single-handedly took out Falkner.
    Prof. Elm's aid gave me the egg.
    Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava.
    I made my way to Azalea Town.
    I went through Slowpoke Well and fought Team Rocket.
    Quilava single-handedly took out Bugsy.
    I made my way through Ilex Forest.
    Togepi hatched from its egg!
    I put my Togepi into daycare.
    I retrieved the Odd Egg.
    I caught an Abra on Route 34, named it Wrath.
    I put my Abra (Wrath) into daycare.
    I bought some supplies.
    I took my Abra (Wrath) out of daycare.
    Abra (Wrath) evolved into Kadabra.

Last edited:
    Years
  • All right guys, I'm finally back and ready for updates. I would've updated more but winter vacation came and I went out a lot leaving little access to my Nuzlocke game. I have been able to get quite a bit of stuff done since I came back. Another thing is that I've decided to can it with the story telling and just give summaries of what happened, but through the personalities of my current Pokemon team.

Team:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:

As of right now, the comments by some of the team are a bit dull because I haven't developed full-fledged personalities for a few of them yet. But I hope you like them.

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Itz Spadezz
    Game: Gold
    Rules:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. No Healing Outside of battle (optional)
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.

Years
  • All right, I went a little overboard about moving on in the game. I'm so much farther ahead than my last update and I haven't given any updates in between so I only have this much to give you. It's post-8th Gym and the following rival battle.

Team:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen:
    Spoiler:

As you can see, I've lost one member of the team. Diggy was awesome, even when he first joined the team. He had solo'd the entire Vermilion Gym. From there, he could take on almost anything thrown at him. He proved his power time and time again... Until the 8th gym leader, Giovanni. I thought I had the upper hand there, but his final Rhyhorn was quicker than Diggy... I got beaten to the Earthquake and he went down in one hit. RIP Diggy, we'll always remember you. :'(

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I am just starting the nuzlocke Challenge on Pokémon Green.
    rules : 1.3.4.5.6(can't anyway)8. additional. It is japanese ;) I can read hiragana 85% katakana sucks (can read without sheet about 30%(but luckily the syllables are sorted in the known order when nicknaming) and I understand 2 % xD (partikels , my name , yes, no, and some titular names and some random words)

So far I am as far as the forest (Only started yesterday and my Pokémon are in this picture :D

team_so_far_nuzlocke_pokemon_green_by_morri85-d4m3wm2.png

misuko the squirtle is level 9
    nido is level 7
    guruguru is level 8
    and kakashi is level 3.
    so far I battled baka (my antagonist)
    I myself am : mori.

diary day 1
    Spoiler:

Day 2
    Spoiler:

35717.png

kakashi: Lv10
    nido Lv10
    guruguru lv 10
    misuko lv 14 .

Last edited:

cutiecasie

The Kanto girl with attitude!
    Years
  • Haven't done a nuzlocke for years so sign me up for Leaf Green please! :)
    Rules: 1 3 4 5

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    Sign me up for Leaf Green. Last time I did one of these was on Emerald, and I really failed. I'll do rules 1,3,4,5,6, and 7.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Restarting my challenge because I had to clear memory on my harddrive and I accidentally deleted it in the process.

Username:Roen52
    Game Used: LeafGreen
    In-Game Name: Artemis
    Rules Used: 1,3,4, and 5

DISCLAIMER: If your fourth wall happens to break, we are not to blame.

Prologue: The Introduction
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I have got mine on the original japanese green cartidge ;)

Ok day 3
    35783.png
    Spoiler:

Okay
    Lvs:
    Misuko (wartortle) 18
    Kakashi (butterfree) 18
    gurguru (pidgey) 16
    nido (nidoran f) 15
    Batty(bechi)(Zubat) 14

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I'm going to start a Nuzlocke on HeartGold I think, and it will go at least to the end of the League. not sure if I have enough time, or the attention span (more the latter lol) to get all the way to Red

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Going to Nuzlocke Silver. I did up to the Elite Four on my laptop, but now I'm too lazy to finish that. I'd rather start over on my desktop.

I'll be streaming it at www.livestream.com/myrrhman if anyone wants to tune in! I'll be playing for about an hour and a half starting now!

Edited for great Justice: Done! Nobody died until Red's Blastoise (He also had Charizard in reserve) where Kadabra, Krabby, Seaking, Spearow, and Weepinbell all died. But luckily, he missed Weepinbell with Blizzard, and it got a couple flashes off before it fainted. Graveler came in and finished him off, and the Charizard that came afterwards.
    pokemonsilver01.png
    pokemonsilver02.png
    pokemonsilver03.png

That's basically my team. Early on, I used Bellsprout and Cyndaquil, but quickly dropped them and just used these two. Too bad you have to trade to evolve these guys.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love the Nuzlocke Challenge. I did one on Black with the basic rules plus nicknaming, and I managed to get through with just one death. Now I'm doing it in Platinum and so far I'm doing alright, with two bagdes and zero deaths.

I also write for my Nuzlockes, a one-shot for Black and a multi-chapter Zombie-filled epic for Platinum.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2012
    I just want to ask, can you participate with Pokemon Yellow? Even though the Pikachu can't be released it CAN be boxed so could I just box it and never use it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back