• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Ace, could you add me to the champions list? https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6216325&postcount=468

Also, I've decided I might try HeartGold (less grinding necessary than that platinum hack, but not enough to require a speed button) however, if it's alright I'd like to use an action replay code to make all random encounters 100% random. (Eg, Rhyperior on the first route) Obviously, I'd only be catching unevolved pokemon...maybe one trade evolution. >.> So, would that code be allowed?

tl;dr Imma Nuzlocke Heart Gold, may I make all random encounters randomer?

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    ok, I'm udating on my run using my Emerald ROM

Gym Badges: 1

Pokemon: (in order of Capture)

U Liek (Mudkip) - Lv 12 - Mud Slap, Water Gun, Tackle, Growl
    Demon (Poochyena) - Lv 8 - Tackle, Howl
    "C" dansen (Lotad) - fainted
    Fluffy (Poochyena) - fainted
    Samurai (Nincada) - Lv 10 - Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand Attack
    Cry Baby (Whismur) - Lv 7 - Pound, Uproar

yay, I got Nincada again! Sheddy time! (although Shedinja will be unstable in a Nuzlocke challenge)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    okay Roxanne was nothing destroyed her with Ozzy and Wake, recovered the goods saved peeko,got the letter,went to dewford. I used a repel as soon as I entered Granite Cave so I could get to the lower level without encountering anything. once I got through the top chamber I ran out the repel and hoped for a sabeleye, but instead encountered an Aron which was just as good. It nearly killed Ozzy, but I was able to Stun, and Catch it in the End it was male so I named him Titan. I delivered the Letter and climbed out of the cave decided to skip Brawly for now as I am severely under leveled I got to slateport beat the Aqua Grunts and delivered the Goods. I then went directly to the grass above Slateport and was disappointed when I encountered a Zigzagoon I caught it and named him Tres as he is my third Zig. Saved outside the Trickmasters house currently Grinding for my Rival.

Team:
    wake Lv.17
    Mud Shot/Mud Slap/Water Gun/Tackle
    Ozzy Lv.17
    Leech Seed/Mega Drain/Absorb/Stun Spore
    Titan Lv.13
    Mud Slap/Tackle/Metal Claw
    Troy LV.5
    HM Slave
    Rachel Lv.12
    Tackle/Headbut/Growl/??? right now
    Konoh Lv.8
    Astonish/Growl/Absorb

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Sorry for not updating for a while but I went through Victory Road. Then trained a lot and beat the Pokemon League. Am I finished or do I have to beat Red?
    My Team:
    Spoiler:

In Box:
    Spoiler:

In Memorial:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Can Pokemon Coliseum be played?
    Edit: Question answered and sign me up for Pokemon Coliseum.
    And as for the ending, it wont be concluded until I beat the Deep King (I would like to vs the guy who immitates you but that requires catching every shadow pokemon in the game thus breaking the rules.
    I will also be doing Mt. Battle for maximum difficulty.

The rules I will use will be in an edit shortly.

Edit: I will be doing every rule but 2 and 8.

Updates will be everytime I beat a Cipher Admin or when I complete 10 Battles of Mt. Battle.
    Wish me luck. :D

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    ok... update again!

U Liek Bog Beast (Marshtomp) - Lv 22 - Mud Shot, Water Gun, Bide, Growl
    Demon (Poochyena) - Lv 13 - Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite
    Samurai (Ninjask) - Lv 20 - Mind Reader, Sand Attack, Scratch, Leech Life
    Cry Baby (Whismur) - Lv 11 - Pound, Uproar, Astonish
    Regect (Shedinja) - Lv 20 - Mind Reader, Sand Attack, Scratch, Leech Life

I decided to do some training before heading to Dewford... now, off to the cave!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I'm sure this is a dumb question but in coliseum ( I'm not sure if you've played it) but you catch trainers pokemon and they are always in the citys There are no routes) but what I am asking is that if I caught a pokemon in a house of a city would I be able to catch one outside of that house and in the main part of the city.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    A few pages ago, I was claiming I will Nuzlocke FR Omega.
    *here I am*
    Also, check the Naming Thread in the Challenge Institute (it's our group, just search it :]). You'll get every Pokemon there, and I'll (obv.) request names.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I've been meaning to do this for a while and I want to do it for FireRed, so put me down for that. :)

Edit: Not sure when I'll start it though. I'm not sure I'll be able to play it alongside my Random Pokemon Challenge game and Platinum game (first time). So it might be a while, plus I want to try and record this for my YouTube channel.

Well I've finally got around to this challenge, so I might as well do it now on my FireRed. I'll post my first update soon, but the rules I'm going to follow are:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. If you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon
    5. No catching legendaries. (Its funner if you act like Nuzlocke and kill all the legendaries).
    7. Change the battle style to SET.

Oh and I'm not doing a YouTube Let's Play for it now, so it's just for fun. :o

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I am about to restart my nuzlocke challenge. I will still be doing Emerald, but now that I have a tablet there will be comics too!

Ragnia

Hello
    Years
    Sign me up for Ruby

Rules: 1.If a pokemon faints, realease it
    2.You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. If you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    3.Must nickname pokemon
    4.No trading
    5.Battle style "set"
    6.No hold items
    7.Healing items in battle only
    8.No status healers
    9.No legends

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I'm sure this is a dumb question but in coliseum ( I'm not sure if you've played it) but you catch trainers pokemon and they are always in the citys There are no routes) but what I am asking is that if I caught a pokemon in a house of a city would I be able to catch one outside of that house and in the main part of the city.

Still needing an answer to this one.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

When i lock'd XD I counted each major building, and each city/outer portion as an area.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Ok thank you because I needed to know whether catching 1 of the johto starters since it was in the same city.

Small update
    Username MiKeY
    Made it to Pyrite town soon after getting there my Makuhita lost its life to a Misdrevus's shadow ball.

Alive and Kicking
    Espeon Lvl 29
    Umbreon Lvl 29
    Croconaw Locked at Lvl 30
    Quagsire Locked at Lvl 30

Six Feet Under
    Makuhita Lvl 30

The update was going to be alot more detailed but the internet got turned off during the typing.
    It took me over an hour to type it too. :(
    Expect another update in the next few days.

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    My White has finally arrived! It's...Nuzlocke time!
    My rules:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it. (I will allow myself to revive each Pokemon once, but only once per Pokemon)
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. If you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.(If I find a shiny, I will allow myself to catch it)
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon(5 random chracters)
    5. No catching legendaries. (catching Zekrom is important to the storyline, so that is my only exception)
    7. Change the battle style to SET.
    8. Make a comic if something amzing happens(like beating a gym leader)

Let's get this party Challenge startered!

Update #1-Let's get this Nuzlocke startered
    Spoiler:

Another update!

Update #2-Sanyou Gym and Leaders
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    uhm well my Nuzlocke challenge is Over I suffered a humiliating defeat by my rival due to my lack luster team However I will re attempt it later and on Fire Red.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I'm going to also start a pearl nuzlocke on top of the coliseum one that I started before.

Edit: Username Sacred
    Got a Piplup nicknamed it Dissonance. Went from 5-7 to Sandgem. Got the pokedex and bought 10 pokeballs. Caught a Starly nicknamed it Leif. Grinded Leif and Dissonance to 8. After getting the old rod and the poketch i went to rt 203 found a Bidoof named it Derp (Hm slave). Went though Oreburgh Cave nothing found. Went and found Roark Grinded Leif to 12 and Dissonance to 16 evolves into Prinplup

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Sorry for double posting the psp only types so much.
    Caught a Zubat on the way out named it fail because I hate Zubat. Went back to Oreburgh, boxed Fail, and swept the gym. Made it to 204 and grinded Leif to 14 now a Staravia. No casulties yet.

I'm going to end up with an infraction at this rate. xD Made it to Floaroma still nothing caught weakening pokemon tends to lead to fainting them. xD Cleared out the windworks with realitive ease except for the commander where Leif almost fainted. In the forest I caught a Wurmple named it Wiggler.Made it to Eterna and swept the gym 0HKO everything with Leif's wing attack. Have been repeling in every zone with the honey trees because I want a Heracross.Dissonance and Leif are on Lvl 22 and still none dead.

Edit: Made it to Veilstone with no problems. Swept everything but the leader who nearly fainted both Leif and Dissonance. Had it not been for me having endeavor and using it when she healed luke I would've lost. Went back to every honey tree and collected everything there that didn't die to Dissonance's pound. Ended up with a Cherubi ( Cherry Pie [Boxed it]) a Burmy( Off) and a female Combee (Raid). Still no Heracross but I'm not giving up just yet. Still no casulties.

Dissonance Lvl 35
    Leif Lvl 34
    Raid Lvl 20
    Off Lvl 18

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Triple posting now seriously someone else needs to post an update or something. xD

Big update like 3 gyms long.

So before I went to dominate Wake I decided I needed to train my newcomers Raid and Off. So I went and battled every trainer until Raid was 30 and Off 28. After that I went to the gym pretty much killing every thing in my path, and then we got to Wake. His first 2 pokemon were easy Leif owned them with only taking on leer. Now I killed everything with Close Combat so I figured Leif could OHKO Floatzel, that however was not the case. He used ice fang and OHKO'd Leif. T_T However Dissonance (now an Empoleon) comes in and aqua jets Floatzel for the win. Now I'm going to skip all the way to Hearthome. Random trainer in her gym has a Gengar (WTF) OHKO's Off with a shadow ball ( I seriously thought I could survive). After that I vs Fantina and Toxic stalled with Raid ( Did I mention that Vespequen have stellar stalling abilities ^^). I switched on Gengar fearing Shadow Ball and it turned out that this Gengar runs physical moves , anyways Dissonance OHKO's with surf.

After this I checked the trees again still no Heracross. >:{
    Skipping to the next gym since nothing important happened. I vs my rival killed all of his pokes ( seriously why doesn't he try to nuzlocke ^^). Next I go to the gym and sweep everything with Dissonance. After that I go to the library, hear the boom, then go and slay Commander Saturn. After Saturn I go to the lake where Mars is stationed and do the same to her. Then I go through Mt. Coronet to the snowy area and thats where I saved at.
    Raid Lvl 41
    Dissonance Lvl 42

Dead
    Leif Lvl 2-35
    Off Lvl 15-32

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back