• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2010
    starting my HG run right now. Never done this before so I may be in for a rocky road. Wish me luck!

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • Ugh. This challenge has just not been good so far.
    Update:
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    :t133: Farai
    Lv. 26
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Sand-Attack
    Quick Attack

:t012: Afua
    Lv. 33
    Tackle
    Gust
    Sleep Powder
    Confusion

:t160: Zephania
    Lv. 35
    Cut
    Bite
    Surf
    Leer

:t241: Hlengiwe
    Lv. 33
    Tackle
    Milk Drink
    Defense Curl
    Stomp

Boxed:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Failed to Catch Pokemon in:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2010
    Started with cyndaquil and did all the beginning junk in HG. Caught a rattata, another rattata, and a third rattata >_> horrible luck so far. Ran into union cave and caught a geodude. Went to route 32 hoping for some better luck and ran into....... another rat GREAT. Gunna go train and so sprout tower and hope for some better luck tomorrow :(

Years
  • According to my PUAP list, today was the day to continue my Green Nuzlocke, so that's what I did.
    I was at Vermilion, without having beaten Misty. So I did the stuff to do around, lost a Diglett and a Pidgey while trying to level them, but managed to let one of my Sandshrews catch up to my team of Charmeleon, Butterfree and Golbat. Caught a Magikarp on the SS Anne and beat Gary quite easily, beat Misty thanks to poison and Golbat's super-effective Leech Life without any losses, slayed Surge, killed a Spearow and caught a Sandshrew (my third) and a Zubat (my second). Saved in front of Rock Tunnel.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Movesets are still uninteresting at this point. Everyone spams the moves they are known for anyways.

Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

DSR C and PPN B are supposed to mean Sandshrew (in this game called DESER) 3 and Zubat (called Papan) 2. The level 14 cut slave in my team will be renamed DSR B at some point. Also, I love Sandslash's name.

Years
  • Alright hello! Odds of me being remembered as a challenger? Very poor, it's been ten pages... Anyways, once again a link to my Youtube can be found in my sig, where I'm putting all of the "video log" I'm making... So, what happened since I beat Misty?

Went and got a Meowth (Vittish), Diglett (Vashnir), Oddish, and Ekans(Veronica/Viper), but Diglett died. Boxed Oddish and took on Vermillion, it was good times. After that I went through to Rock Tunnel. On the way, I found another oddish or spearow, I forget which, it's in the log. In the cave I caught an alcoholic mankey (Vitalia), which was after a small debate, boxed for the ten minutes before my Butterfree (Vallint) died (good riddance, really) and pulled him out again. Caught another Meowth west of Lavender, ground Vitalia, moved on.

Years
  • Hey, sorry for not updating, everyone.
    Imma go head and delete the challengers section as tons of people take on the nuzlocke challenge each day (which btw is great, thanks guys) and keep the champions section.
    VM me if you beat the challenge, please.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I've tried six times to complete one of these, but I either die (generally in the early stages), or get bored. I got up to Sabrina on one LG Nuzlocke run, but made one silly mistake and got myself into a situation where I couldn't land a hit, and lost every member of my team :(

I might give it a go again on HG or something. Definitely not starting with Chikorita though - stupid shallow movepool.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • OK, Update time!

Update 3-You win some, you change some, you lose some, then you get some more
    Spoiler:

Update over.

Years
  • I've tried six times to complete one of these, but I either die (generally in the early stages), or get bored. I got up to Sabrina on one LG Nuzlocke run, but made one silly mistake and got myself into a situation where I couldn't land a hit, and lost every member of my team :(

I might give it a go again on HG or something. Definitely not starting with Chikorita though - stupid shallow movepool.

The only thing boring about nuzlockes is the grinding, or rigorous training which is quite essential. I would reccomend grinding your 'mons to the level of the Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon, if you hope to stand a chance. Chikorita may seem bad at first, but honestly your starter does not have to be your "Alpha Male" in Nuzlocke runs, hell I did a white run with a Gigiasu at lead after Aloe killed Max, my Futachimaru. Anyhow, if you want any more tips, feel free to VM me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    I started this in LeafGreen, and my friend started in Platinum.
    My Team:
    Spoiler:

My Friends team:
    Spoiler:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Hey there, sorry for being inactive for so long. I kind of got bored of my Sapphire run of this, so I'm going to be doing a HeartGold run. I'll start tomorrow. I'm going to be using rules 1,3,4,5,6, and 7. Thanks!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    For once someone else posted. :D

Update time
    Swept all the trainers from the cave exit up to Snowpoint. I actually caught things this time. :D I caught a Snover Lvl 32 I think (named it Ice Age). Grinded Ice age to Lvl 40 and evolved it. I really wanted a Tentacruel so I went and surfed below Sandgem (luckily there are 3 routes because the first 2 had Wingull in it >_>) Caught Tentacool (named it Rule 34) Grinded Rule 34 to Lvl 41 and decided to pwn Candice. Her trainers stood no chance against me. Then we got to Candice, now her pokes where laughably easy then there was Abomasnow. It did not want to die and due to me not paying attention to how much health I had Dissonance died to the hail.
    After Dissonance fainted Raid cleaned up shop with Attack Order. Skipping up to the Cyrus battle because nothing interesting happened. Now I thought all of my losses were done until the 2nd Cyrus battle or Volkner where I always have problems.
    Murkrow and Golbat were no problem at all, then there was Sneasel. I had put Ice age up for it and after seeing how low my hp was after Wood Hammer recoil and it Ice Punching me I decided it would be a good idea to send out Rule 34, this was not a good idea however because it then preceded to hit me with slash, critical hit, and Rule 34 fainted. At this point I wanted to rage because I just caught the damn thing yesterdayand raised it up 22 Lvls in less than 2 hours. >_>
    Anyway Raid came in next and finished off Cyrus. After that I barely beat Saturn, but no casulties. After that I did the whole Iron Island event got my Riolu egg and am now saved in Wayword Cave attempting to get a Gible so I can completely trash the rest of the game w/o worrying about it dying.
    Raid Lvl 45
    Ice Age Lvl 44
    Riolu Still inside the egg.

Dead: Leif Lvl 2-35
    Off Lvl 15-32
    Dissonance Lvl 5-45
    Rule 34 Lvl 22-44

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • Huge Update here:

To the Elite 4
    Spoiler:

The Elite 4:
    Spoiler:

Kanto: I currently have 7 badges as I have been too lazy to take on Blue yet.
    Spoiler:

Current Team:
    :t105: Aberash
    Lv. 55
    False Swipe
    Bonemerang
    Bone Club
    Headbutt

:t078: Kato
    Lv. 54
    Iron Tail
    Ember
    Stomp
    Fire Spin

:t097: Dikeledi
    Lv. 55
    Shadow Ball
    Hypnosis
    Psychic
    Flash

:t073: Xolani
    Lv. 56
    Sludge Bomb
    Whirlpool
    Cut
    Surf

:t160: Zephania
    Lv. 57
    Slash
    Ice Punch
    Bite
    Surf

:t018: Ime
    Lv. 54
    Wing Attack
    Fly
    Steel Wing
    Swift

Boxed:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Failed to Catch Pokemon in:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Very small but very worth while update :)

Started in Wayword Cave (Secret Entrance) I figured since I had terrible luck finding Heracross that I wouldn't have any chance of finding a Gible.
    Well about 15 seconds later random battle, it was a Gible (insert 4 turns of toxic and throwing pokeballs like mad) I caught it named it Dolex and when I checked its nature it was indeed adamant. Now I'm EV training it so don't expect another update until I'm finished training it.

Oh and Riolu hatched as well. :p

Years
  • Very small but very worth while update :)

Started in Wayword Cave (Secret Entrance) I figured since I had terrible luck finding Heracross that I wouldn't have any chance of finding a Gible.
    Well about 15 seconds later random battle, it was a Gible (insert 4 turns of toxic and throwing pokeballs like mad) I caught it named it Dolex and when I checked its nature it was indeed adamant. Now I'm EV training it so don't expect another update until I'm finished training it.

Oh and Riolu hatched as well. :p

EV Training in Nuzlocke?
    You sir, are a winner.
    Good luck, and have fun when Gible dies
    I need to go buy a new DS charger to resume my diamond.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Ok, first update for my HeartGold run.

Spoiler:

Blazeeken

It ain't over!
    Years
  • MY FireRed Challenge Run

Adventures:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back