• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
Years
  • Yesterday I finally caught my beloved Shiny Bagon, 8 of them actually =^w^=
    Clicky
    3 were Rash, 1 Adamant, 1 Mild and the other 4 were Serious, Gentle, Relaxed and Impish.

I checked the IVs from the Rash/Adamant/Mild Bagon, but they were all terrible. Pfft ;/

I'm gonna continue chaining when I figure out who'll be my next target =P

Last edited:

Leni

Professional cookie baker
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Wooo! I finally managed to evolve my shiny feebas into shiny Milotic ^-^ so pretty

my list of shinies is now: Ninetales, Milotic, Jirachi, Azelf, Uxie,

Hoping to add Mew and Charmander to the list next ^-^

xx

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I never caught my Azelf until yesterday and Ive had the game for a year now. I finally found it as a shiny but I wanted to catch it in a great ball to color coordinate but that didnt work. It also had HP Fighting IVs.

Years
  • ugh, so i have been trying extremely hard to get a shiny pikachu or pichu, because i love raichu. I have been using the pokeradar in the garden, and i only get to about 18. one thing that is extremely frustrating and has happened to me about 5 times is this: I am walking to reset my pokeradar, and then it just randomly ends my chain! is this what people are talking about when they say "chains sometimes end and there's nothing you can do about it." ? i just don't know how to get a chain over 40 when it ends while im walking!

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I sometimes have the same problem. Is there a way to avoid that?
    My chains always end at 12 >.<
    Which Pokemon are easy to chain? And what places are good for chaining?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I sometimes have the same problem. Is there a way to avoid that?

Swarm Pokemon are probably the easiest to chain. And the largest patch of grass in Sinnoh is at the bottom of Route 214, right above Valor Lakefront. So chaining there is a really good place to practice if you're getting started on chaining.

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • @True Justice : thanks!
    The best score I got was 28 with a Mareep (got interrupted by a Pachirisu)

I want Eevee, but I bet it's really hard ;_;

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    ugh, so i have been trying extremely hard to get a shiny pikachu or pichu, because i love raichu. I have been using the pokeradar in the garden, and i only get to about 18. one thing that is extremely frustrating and has happened to me about 5 times is this: I am walking to reset my pokeradar, and then it just randomly ends my chain! is this what people are talking about when they say "chains sometimes end and there's nothing you can do about it." ? i just don't know how to get a chain over 40 when it ends while im walking!

It's not random, it is an error you make when a chain abruptly ends whilst running about recharging the Radar. Why? Because, if all of the tiles where the last shaking patches appeared go offscreen whilst you are running about, then the chain will break.
    Make sure you have at least one of the patches remaining in your sights, and you won't have a problem with this anymore.

I sometimes have the same problem. Is there a way to avoid that?

I don't know whether you can truly say that a Pokémon is easy to chain, since half of it is luck-based.
    The best place to go would be that huge patch to the west of Sunyshore, on route 222, purely because of how it's size makes it easy to locate safer 4th row patches.
    For high appearance rate Pokémon, the swarmers Electrike, Voltorb, Magnemite and Beldum are best, when making use of a Pokémon with Static(For Electrike, Voltorb and Magnemite), or Magnet Pull(For Beldum and Magnemite).

Someone compiled a list of the best places to chain each species of Pokémon in D/P, as well as listing the Pokémon's appearance rates(which seem to affect the chainbreak rate somewhat) - Best place to chain each Pokémon

I haven't done anymore Poké Radar chaining since catching more Eevees, but I have been SRing for Dialga in Diamond, and hatching Tropius eggs in Emerald.

*resetresetresetresetresetreset...*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    i started trying to get a shiny today and went to the swarm but only managed to get a chain of 12 kricketune before heading to the trophy garden where i maged to get a chain of 26 staravia and then suddenly it endend when i was walking to my next patch of grass(which ended out to have staravia in it)does anyone know how to stop this?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Congratulations, I love the way that looks. Too bad it doesnt stay purple which is odd.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Here our my shinies

Mankey - Pal parked from leaf green
    Rayquaza - Trade
    Weezing - Trade
    Beldum - Chaining
    Eevee - Resetting for a better nature and that's what i got :O
    Bellosum - Trade
    Meditite - Chaining
    Fearow - Chaining
    Bellsprout - Chaining
    Squirtle - Trade
    Umbreon - Trade

Years
  • Alright, apart from the Red Gyrados in G/S/C, which I don't count because we all get that anyway...

I got no other shinies in G/S/C.

I encountered a shiny Poochyena in R/S/E. It was the one you save Birch from. I was PISSED, because I REALLY want a shiny one.

I encountered a shiny Voltorb in R/S/E. It exploded.

I encountered a shiny Ralts in R/S/E. It was the one Wally catches. And the bugger didn't even stay shiny afterwards!

I haven't encountered any in D/P. There's been one occasion where I got a chain to 40 with Ponyta, but the chain broke before any shiny patches came along.

Yeah... Just my luck... D:

Back