• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    I know this has probably been asked before but it's not always easy to search on here. Is it possible to get a shiny starter (on any of the games) by doing a soft reset before choosing?

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I know this has probably been asked before but it's not always easy to search on here. Is it possible to get a shiny starter (on any of the games) by doing a soft reset before choosing?
    Yes. Yes it is.

Its takes a while though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023

You can, but you actually have to go into battle with it or look at its summary to check. On the screen where it asks you to choose one, you can't tell if it's shiny or not.

Leaf_PKMN-Trainer

Gardevoir Fangirl
    Years
  • I caught these shiny Pokemon, except for Gallade, who I obtained in a trade. Gardevoir I found as a shiny Ralts by luck, Charizard I got as a Charmander in LeafGreen by doing a couple resets and Mawile I got by luck.
    Gardevoir (Female)
    Gallade (Male)
    Charizard (Female)
    Mawile (Female)

As you can see in my sig, I keep Gardevoir, Gallade, and Charizard in my party along a Surfing female Pikachu I got from Pokemon Battle Revolution, my first Gardevoir that I raised in Sapphire, and a Mew I hacked into LeafGreen because I missed the one I got from a Nintendo Event in my Blue that I traded into my Yellow. It didn't listen to me in LeafGreen, but it does in Pearl. ^.^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Dun dundundundun dun dun dun dun duuuuun ~

I has a new Shiny, which for the record, was the hardest one for me to find thus far. I began SRing on the 7th August, and finally found what I was looking for on the 1st of October =P

Spoiler:

The battle was short-lived. I started by getting Bubbles(that is, my Smeargle :P) to force it to succumb to sleep using Spore, and then I Endeavored to bring it down to 18 HP. The first and only Timer Ball I threw the turn after, caught it without fail ^^
    Although I was using a Quiet Syncher, it ended up being Naughty natured. Out of the 5 Shinies that I SRed for, only one got the nature I was trying to Synchronize ;/

Next up in Diamond will either be Giratina, or i'll continue fishing for a Magikarp in the Safari Zone..

Last edited:

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
  • in all my games i have at least one shiny of every pokemon apart from event pokemon

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • I found my first shiny in pokemon Diamond today is ticked me off so bad that i purposely fainted it....

It was a Bidoof..

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I chain to get my shinies, I've only got 5:

A shiny Snubbull, & 4 shiny Shinx (one of which I'm trading to Platinum :D)

Plus I got a shiny Totodile from my friend. I always admit it was Action Replayed - there's no point in lying, eh?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    So there I was, searching in the grass at Verity Lakefront in my Diamond version for one of those weird Lv. 4 Bibarels, and a completely Random Shiny Starly appeared.

Not as exciting as my past Shiny encounters, but it was a surprise that I can't say I was expecting, anyways =P
    Here are some pictures - Encounter / Summary
    It was good luck that I was still leading my party with my Adamant Synchronizer, from when I was looking for Magikarp ^-^

I also have a video, although there isn't much to see in it. All I had to do was throw a Luxury Ball and it was mine ^^'

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    my first random shiny was when i was training one of my arons at fuego ironworks and then i ran into a shiny pachirisu

then my shiny tyrouge and shiny wevile i got off of the GTS

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Wow, just wow.

This morning I found my Random Shiny Starly in Diamond, as mentioned. Then later in the evening I got a Shiny Latios in Sapphire, whilst Dual-Resetting for the Lati, and Giratina in Platinum..
    Then little more than an hour later, the aformentioned Giratina Shone O_o;

A wild Shiny Latios appears!
    Who needs an AR when you have this much luck?
    Shiny Latios Summary.

After leaving the Torn World, Origin Giratina returns to it's Another forme. So here's both of them -
    So soon Giratina?
    Shiny Giratina Summary.

Phew, too much for one day xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    When I was in the Oreburg Gate I found a shiny Geodude, but sadly I didn't have any Pokeballs.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I have never had a shiny on the GBA/DS games before. However a few days ago now, I found my first in Platinum. A Shiny Bibarel. :)

Back