• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have boxes and Boxes of Shinies on My Pearl, due soley in part to Wi-Fi Trading(NOT GTS).

It'd be easier to list my Platinum Shinies:

EVed Lv.100's(All Japanese):
    -Jolly Gyarados
    -Adamant Dragonite
    -Adamant Octillery
    -Timid Lunatone
    -Adamant Metagross
    -Adamant Dosaidon
    -Quirky Dianozu
    -Timid Yukimenoko

Others(All English):
    -Mareep
    -Swinub
    -Korotokku
    -Skunpoo
    -Giratina

The Red Chain

Tips: Not much; just make sure you look at the Giratina every time. You'd be so pissed if your hands were too fast and SRed when it actually was a shiny. GL, as I am SRing right now for a Timid Shiny Azelf. 8D

Copy cat! I'm the one who told you that! XDD

Anyway, I have boxes and boxes of shinies on my Pearl just like Dunsparce.
    Except 99.9% of the ones I have were self obtained, the rest were traded to me. :'3
    I didn't have Wifi until around when Platinum was about to be released, that's why I had to obtain all of mine by myself. ;-;

My favorite shinies of my bunch have to be Weavile, Rotom, Flygon, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf [Haha Yukio. ;D], Porygon-Z, Lopunny, Absol, and Mew.

Mason69

Sleeping...
    Years
    I only have one shiny, it is a porygon - z.
    Although I'm going to learn chaining so i can get more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    My first ever shiny was a Shiny rayquaza on Saphire :]
    Currently though after recent events I only have a shiny Furret and Primeape :[

Years
    I'm working on catching some shines myself, but a friend gave me a shiny electrike and porygon that are now Manectrike and Porygon-Z

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    Um... I tried chaining a couple times(following the guide ofc) and I find it REALLY hard to chain 5+ O_O
    IDK maybe I'm retarded or something but can someone link me to a high quality video that shows how the chained patches/shiny patches look? To me sall the patches seem the same...

Luckily I have an asian friend who gives me abunch of shinies for free :P

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
    Years
    Whewt, update. At 12:22AM last night I got my shiny Giratina in the distortion world. After 6 days of SRing and unknown amounts of pushing that 4 button combo. Imo, it was worth it. =D

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Just got a shiny skitty :]!!
    Chaining for a shiny Magnemite now.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Um... I tried chaining a couple times(following the guide ofc) and I find it REALLY hard to chain 5+ O_O
    IDK maybe I'm retarded or something but can someone link me to a high quality video that shows how the chained patches/shiny patches look? To me sall the patches seem the same...

Luckily I have an asian friend who gives me abunch of shinies for free :P

Hi, I'll find you a good video really quick. Look to the left, Theres usually pink stuff i believe? It's not that good but you can still see it kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpLmmFI-iqM

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Chained 38 bidoof then took a short break mid-battle.
    When i returned the battle had ended but my chain was still intact.
    So I used pokeradar and it said 'The grass remains quiet''
    And my chain ended ;/
    Never had that happened before.

Years
    • Uk
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    I've been playin pokemon for year and still to get a shiny pokemon, getting poke plat on the 22nd anybody go any advice how to get my first shiny?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Trading is usually the easiest way to get one but if your planning on capturing you own then chaining is the way to go.
    Chaining swarm pokemon is probably the easiest route to go down.

Back