• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I've got a shiny Pelipper and shiny ninetales I caught in emerald.
    I've also got a shiny pidgeot I caught in LeafGreen.

I migrated them into diamond in their pre evolved forms :(

Drapion

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2009
    I got a chain of 37 shinx's and then broke it with a starly....I could see it coming, but I was sure that grass patch was going to be a shinx! :( GUTTED!

DragonBackpack

of the shattered sun
    Years
    To start things off, how many Shinys do you guys have? I am up to 39 Shinys (excluding duplicates of one Shiny, of course).

wow... i encounterd a shiny garadous (i dont know how to spell) once on blue version... but i didnt really know whatit ment... thats the only ever time but this pokeradar thing intrests me... anyone got any tips...?

Superkam64

Pokemon rockz!
    Years
    I caught my first Shiny Pokemon a couple days ago, and I've been playing pokemon all my life! xD

It was a yellow blazil! I love it!

Years
    Well, I have had the best luck over the past few days.
    Makes me think something is wrong with my game! XDDDDD

Was training up and I came across a Shiny Electabuzz :D
    Great. I caught it and went on my merry way.

A day later, I decide to start soft resetting for the wonderful Unix because I think it is cool.
    After about 20 resets, I come across it shiny!
    I couldn't believe it O_O
    Though it would have taken me days! XDDDDDD

Trying my luck, I go after Azelf and see if I can do the same. An hour passes and no such luck.
    I go back the next day and try at it again.
    An hour later, low and behold, a shiny Azelf!
    Took me a while to catch it, but I eventually got it! :D

How lucky is that :P

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Gonna start SR for a shiny Timid Azelf by putting a fainted level 4 Timid Abra/w Sychronize in the front of my party. c:

Years
    I caught a random gold Geodude in Granite Cave once. It was Adamant with 30 ATK and DEF IVs and 29 HP IVs, figured what the hell, and it's now a kickass Golem on my Platinum.

Also caught a green Zubat on my Sapphire, it's now a Crobat but it sucks.

I started with an orange Mudkip once on Emerald, and it has also evolved into a Sampert, but it also sucks.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Today near Eterna City in Pokemon Platinum, I came across a random shiny Machop. :)

I caught it and it wasn't the right nature I wanted (it was a modest nature, I wanted a adamant nature), but it was good to have that early in the game. xD

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
    Years
    Grats on the Machop, and I contemplating SRing for a shiny starter, but I don't have the patience for that. (Dunno why I would have the patience to SR for a shiny legendary, but we'll encounter that mental problem later...)

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    A while back on my Pearl, I was going through Mt. Coronet, and a Shiny Bronzong attacked me one step away from the exit. I didn't realize that it was a shiny at first so I tried running...didn't work, so I tried it again...didn't work. Then I looked closely at my game, and I realized "Holy c*** that's a green Bronzong!!!"

Oh! And not too long ago on that same Pearl, I went shiny hunting in Eterna forest for no real reason...And what did I get with the Poke-Radar? Why, none other than a shiny Misdreavus!

So I have two shinies on my Pearl(I wish that I had another DS so I could trade to my Platinum...)

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Currently SRing for a shiny Giratina. Any tips?
    At Distortion World? 8>
    Tips: Not much; just make sure you look at the Giratina every time. You'd be so pissed if your hands were too fast and SRed when it actually was a shiny. GL, as I am SRing right now for a Timid Shiny Azelf. 8D

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
    Years
    The tip is appreciated, as I have been pretty careful about it. I SR'd Kyogre and Groudon in Emerald (Sounds like a lie, but I really did). But yeah, I've been SRing pretty much nonstop for 4-5 hours today. No luck so far, I'll be sure to post when I do get it.

Lunar Umbreon

The Celestial Spirit
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2012
    The only shiny Pokemon that I've encountered are Bidoof, and two Shinx'! Both were using the Poke Radar, so I've never had a random encounter.....

Back