• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Yes! I was training my Igglybuff north of Sandgem town, and randomly found a shiny shinx! It took 4 ultra balls to catch, but I did. This is the second shiny I've found, the first being a ghastly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    My first shiny was a Starly out of the Safari Zone. I was worried it was going to flee. Dx

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I traded in GTS for 2 hacked shinys not even knowing they were shiny, Tyranitar & Donphan. I also bought diamond used and it was action replayed, so I had alot of master balls and my bro was playing ran into a shiny Psyduck and instead masterballing it my brother killed it trying to catch it without cheating.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    i have in my team: Electabuzz with static (+ shinx), shiny Farfetch'd with False Swipe, Alakazam (just in case). Any suggestions where to chain for shinx? i'm thinking in north of sandgem town, it's there ok?

Working on Platinum, Breeding, hatching and trading on Diamond, tweaking on Pearl
    Diamond:
    my FC is 3867 6992 6638 and TN is Edward

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    !!

I just caught a shiny Budew while EV training.

FIRST. EVAR. IN. PLATINUM. >;3

same happen to me but it was a shiny Roselia, he apeared when i've been training my Charizard in Sp. Atk. and i was fighting budews and roselias XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I have quite a few shinies :3 on Pearl I have a shinx [now a luxio I think..my first!<3], skitty, ponyta [that one took me hooooours of chaining], three starlies [I gave one to my friend so now I only have two], and a ditto, all caught with the pokeradar. on Platinum I caught six gastly with the pokeradar, but now I think I only have three. I traded two for a shiny rayquaza, and one for a regular ol' mewtwo. I've been trying to chain a growlithe lately, but it keeps breaking and it's getting annoying >_o

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2013
    The only shiny I ever caught was a machoke in platinum. However, it ended up being about as bad as it could be with a modest nature and guts for the ability. Yuck. Oh well, it helped for rng.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    yeah, finally caught a shiny Rash nature Shinx, after serious chains, he appeared at 8 normal Shinxs, in a random patch of grass, well i have now 5 shinys, Farfetch'd Roselia and Shinx that i caught and Charmander and Vulpix, traded XD

Working on Platinum, Breeding, hatching and trading on Diamond, tweaking on Pearl
    Diamond:
    my FC is 3867 6992 6638 and TN is Edward

Skull Guardian

I am now FrostPheonix.
    Years

I have caught six
    The first shiny I ever saw (other than the red gyarados in gold) was a shiny spearow. But, I thought it was a glitch and left. Later I found out lol.
    here is a list:
    Spearow, gold: not caught
    Poliwhirl, gold: caught but never figured out how to evolve it lol
    Nidoran (f), firered: was in the safari zone, but it fled.
    Wingull, emerald: Was in the beginning in Emerald, so there were no balls
    Sableeye, emerald: it was golden lol
    Shinx, platinum: caught

Years
    I JUST FOUND MY FIRST SHINY!!!!!!!! im mean i have some, but theyr all trades
    its a vulpix, i got it from an egg
    IM SOSOOSOSOSOS EXCITED! :D :D :D

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I JUST FOUND MY FIRST SHINY!!!!!!!! im mean i have some, but theyr all trades
    its a vulpix, i got it from an egg
    IM SOSOOSOSOSOS EXCITED! :D :D :D
    Congrats ^_^, and its from an egg, and not chaining ;P, I still havnt got any shineys on my Diamond. >_< Although from playing Y/B/R to current generations I would normally average 1-2 shineys(wild) per game lol, Although with chainin and such, I should be able to get more then normal ;P.

TascheMonster

Tasche Monster Master
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    my first shiny was back in Crystal it was a gold Caterpie my cusion didnt believe me then when i showed him he though the game was corrupted or something funny cause it was the first pokemon to appear in wild the first time i ever played Crstal

ji

derp.
    Years
    In the past two days, my shiny stock has increased sooo much :'D
    I'm ridiculously happy. I even got the Shiny Ampharos I've been craving foreeeever! ♥♥♥

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    well i fail at chaining and when im like at 12 i lose, but i only have 1 shiny and thats my Luxray which is really kewl even though i got it on accident :o

Back