• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
  • Even though it's not really that recent, I found a random Shiny Starly while EV'ing my Shroomish about 3 or so months ago. Caught it in a Dusk Ball, I think. ^^

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, shinies? I only had 2 shinies that are not Red Gyarados or pre-Gen III.

The first shiny was in Johto Safari Zone - an Electrike. Caught it with the first Safari Ball without doing anything! I guess I lucked out at that time.

The second shiny was in a better place - the route right after Blackthorn, Route 45. I met a shiny Phanpy there. A Quick Ball did the trick.

Now, I'm the proud owner of two non-chained non-outsider shinies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I've posted here before right? :o

Shinies are a constant occurrence for me, being in the competitive part of the game gives me the patience to breed.

Although my first hatched shiny was a Mudkip... purple :B

Years
  • I'm not a very lucky person with shinies ... the shinies i caught were a golden magikarp on my emerald version and a pelipper and I crossed a shiny kyogre on my emerald version as well but couldnt catch it it ended up killing itself with take down lol

Shaymin Tamer

Shiny Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2011
    I currently only have one shiny pokemon and thats a female gyrrados at level 45. im not too happy about my first shiny being female but o well. you get what you get.

zeroshin0

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2013
    i am terribly un lucky at shines the 1st i ever found was a houndour who escaped using roar then the next one i found was When i started my heartgold over and was on my way to see mr pokemon but and found a shiny Spinarak but it was before i got my pokeballs and my latest one was after i had killed the red garados at lake of rage in the dragons den i found a shiny magicarp who i cant use because if i evolve him i will no one will belive he isnt the lake of rage garados

nm legend

Years
  • well i dont freakin beleive it.....i just got the game last week and i already caught a shiny budew....in a heal ball too so it matches with the pokemons color scheme....and its a girl so ....its just.....perfect!

so that makes four total if you include the three i cuaght in heartgold..

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • I just RNG'd for my first bred shiny.
    Shiny Swablu is so prettyful :3
    Although I'm probably gonna not train him. Or RNG for more. It just doesn't feel as important knowing you can get them at will

And then I have like, 5 chained Skitties just loafing off in the box (b'-')b

Last edited:

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Excluding the Red Gyarados (plural) I have, I have a Geodude(From Platinum), a Starly(From Diamond), and a Magikarp(From HeartGold). I also got lucky in HeartGold the other day and caught a shiny Suicune!

Years
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    HERES MY SHINY STORY:
    i always knew about mewtwo on soul silver
    so i blew through the 16 gyms in about 20 hours
    then spent the next 6 MONTHES doing soft resets infront of mewtwo
    i gave up acouple of time but eventualy FINNALLY
    i caught my shiny mewtwo

if anyone has any requests
    for a shiny that i could chain for ill do it
    if you wanna trade something cool
    im getting pretty good at chaining
    i chained rhyhorn for 59 and i caught 2 shinys at like 5 in the morn!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    I just encountered a shiny geodude on my platinum version, in Wayward Cave.

Only one problem, yesterday I couldn't find my platinum cartridge, so I decided to play on an emulator, so I have a random encounter shiny geodude and can't really do anything with it! xD

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Anyone have an Action Replay code to make all Pokemon shiny? I've seen a code to make all wild Pokemon shiny but that won't make my starter shiny. I want a code that will effect my starter and make it shiny as well.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • i am terribly un lucky at shines the 1st i ever found was a houndour who escaped using roar then the next one i found was When i started my heartgold over and was on my way to see mr pokemon but and found a shiny Spinarak but it was before i got my pokeballs and my latest one was after i had killed the red garados at lake of rage in the dragons den i found a shiny magicarp who i cant use because if i evolve him i will no one will belive he isnt the lake of rage garados
    it says met the dragon's den instead of the lake

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I've found a shiny magikarp, bred a shiny trapinch, a shiny mudkip, starly, and eevee. I'm probably only going to evolve my eevee and trapinch.

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    SHINY MEW AMGAMGamgAMG O:

The Official Shiny Thread
    Well, it took a while but I finally did it. I finally RNGd myself a damn shiny Mew in my Emerald, after failing and hitting so many wrong frames and cursing at myself for hours. I've always wanted it especially seeing that Gamefreak likes to prevent people from getting shiny versions of the "cute" legends (eg Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy). This is one of the only legal shinies you can get among the group. Anyway, here are some pictures of my delicious blue mon.

Spoiler:

Second picture is absolute proof I didn't cheat, otherwise there'd be some kind of device in the game slot. I only used a warp code lols, but technically it is still legitimate. Hasty isn't such a great nature but it was the only early frame I had. Poor thing has terrible IVs as well but at this point he's just for show. C: I'm really, really glad that this is my last shiny of 2010.

Back