• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The shiny Mew is soo cute. XD;

My first shiny in Pearl was a lousy Bidoof, but it at least counts. n_n I think after that I started getting into the chaining to obtain my shinies.
    However when I got Platinum it wasn't too long when I went east of Jubilife City and caught a shiny Machop which was pretty cool since I never had one before.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I've never gotten a shiny or encountered one. Ever. Not counting the shiny Gyarados in HG/SS. I think I probably just have horrible luck or something... However, I'm going to try and snag me a japanese Ditto in the GTS and then breed a shiny via Masuda Method. Wish me luck xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • When I lost my SS, I lost 90% of my pokemon. Currently i'm playing Emerald/My sister's Pearl.

I have no shinies on Emerald currently, as I transfered my only one to Pearl.

On Pearl I have JPN Crown Beasts, ENG Raikou and Entei, a PCP, Mightyena, Metagross and Flygon. I believe that's it.
    The only one of those I got myself was Mightyena in Emerald, very early in the game. I don't know if you would count PCP as shiny but...whatever.

I have seen many other shinies. Two from the top of my head (excluding Gyarados in GSC/SS) are an Ekans in Silver, which sadly has a fried memory chip doohickey (yes, I said doohickey. Oh well :P) and a Lickitung in SS in the Safari Zone, which fled. I have seen more but can't remember them all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    lol yesterday i went to ev train north of Sandgem town and ran into a Shiny Bidoof and 2 pokemon later a Shiny Starly xD they both had neutral natures and I already had a Shiny Chained Staraptor but it was shocking

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I finally caught my first chained shiny pokémon after trying for months and months. Yesterday, I beat the elite four on platinum version and afterwards had seen all the Sinnoh dex pokés so I got the radar. I wanted to test it and see how many I could chain not even thinking I'd pass 20 (since on Pearl the highest I got was around 28. And I swear that was luck.). But, I got a chain of shinx to 40 and started resetting and caught 3 last night in a pretty short time period before my chain broke. :D Now I can't wait to try and chain other pokés! XD

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I have Shiny Gyarados from Lake of Rage and a Shiny Raikou and two Shiny Entei from the GameStop event (though technically I haven't picked those up so I don't "have" them per se yet.)
    Also I caught a Shiny Seaking in the Safari Zone on my FireRed emulator, but I can't do much with that. Random encounter and all, though...
    Years and years ago I encountered... I think it was a Shiny Psyduck outside of Goldenrod on my Gold game. And I had some sense of what shinies were, and how rare they were, and that it didn't mean my game was glitched or anything. But I didn't have a single Poke Ball with me. :(
    Once I find my Gen III games I'm considering SRing for a shiny Rayquaza, and once I can connect to Nintendo WiFi I'll get a Japanese Mewtwo and try to Masuda Method my way into a shiny Armaldo/Charmander/something else maybe...

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    I actually ended up getting my shiny Ponyta by breaking a chain with the Pokeradar. :P
    I have 2 shinies; Ponyta named Celcius, and Hermin the Politoed whom I got from a friend. :3

hmw

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    :(

i only have 3
    i forgot which ones :(
    i feel so small
    i don't really want any, so i only have 3

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Today while I was in the marsh, I saw a shiny Bibarel. And since they're easy to catch I threw a safari ball at it...it escaped and ran away, I was so angry. This was in Platinum btw.
    I'll try to chain a shiny Shinx later.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I've been trying to chain for shinies in swarms since I'm still new at it, but the last 3 or 4 days there haven't really been any pokémon I'm really interested in shiny wise. After my Shinx hunt, I chained for bidoof (what? It's easy to start with lol) and I got two. After that, Farfetch'd was swarming the next day and I got my chain to 40 and caught 4. It was an awesome day for me. XD But, my chain broke from a Bibarel. p_p Oh well. Since then, I've been trying to chain Houndour but my chain keeps breaking and I get frustrated with it. I also got a chain of 37 Ariados last night but it broke from Pinsir. ;_;

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Oh my god you guys! I just found a shiny!

After just 350 Pokemon in Eterna Forest (on the 351st Pokemon) I found a Shiny Bidoof. Not one that I was looking for, but hey, it's shiny! This was the very first encounter I did today!

It's Gentle and has Simple.

When I was recording the video, it stopped recording half way through thanks to my SD card being full. (Even though my camera is supposed to tell me, but it surely did not.) So, I don't have the capture on film. So really, the video I took is pointless. But..I will still upload it. Here are the pictures!

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osC5pSeh6uo

----

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I WAS JUST TALKING TO ZABI AND IVYON ON MSN AND A SHINY STARLY HATCHED! ON THE 7TH EGG! HOLY JESUS!

It's Careful and Female, no egg moves.

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXcjdbP8TMI

Last edited:
    Years
  • i just finally caught my first shiny and first ever seen in wild! it was a rayquaza, it only took me an hour to get it which was awesome, was expecting to be at it for muchhhh longer

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Finally got a few pokémon worth chaining in the swarms the last couple days. Got myself a shiny cubone, only one since I accidentally ran into a different patch and broke the chain. Then today, I spent hours with about 6 or 7 chains breaking in high numbers and finally got to 40 to chain Larvitar! Actually, I caught a shiny one at chain 19 but kept going for a few more and wound up with 6 (3 female and 3 male lol). XD

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I hatched a shiny Poochyena after 135 eggs :D the sad thing is that that is my first and only shiny (not counting the red Gyarados). I feel so lucky because its nature is jolly hahaha. I'm ev training it even though it doesn't exactly have great stats, but meh.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Captured a Quiet-natured Geodude while looking for Hippopotas in Maniac Tunnel in Diamond. Nature sucks, but oh well, it's shiny! Was also completely random with no poke radar.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    I tried chaining once, but I gave up on that. In Platinum, I was lucky and caught 3 Shinies. The first was Quagsire in the Safari Zone, the Second was a Red Gyrados caught with a Super Rod in the Post-Game Area, and the third was Shiny HootHoot. The ironic part about catching Red Gyrados is that I caught him on the bus ride to school, and when I came back, I found that the existence of HeartGold and SoulSilver had been leaked when I was at school, and Red Gyrados is in that game.

Back