• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    Okay, if this is the wrong place or should be in a thread, please move it.

Anyways, what route has the least amount of different species, even with pokeradar exclusives. Anywhere I go, theres too many species that break my chain. So, wheres the best place in your opinion?
    Route 201. Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot and Nidoran are the only pokes that will appear without swarms.

To respond to the both of you, Swarms are more common than "Natural Pokémon", so you already have a greater chance to chain one. If you have a Pokémon with the Ability Static, then Electric-Types are more common. If you have a Pokémon with Steel Pull, then Steel-Types are more common. Just imagine an Electric/Steel Swarm!
    Also, this final part is unconfirmed, but it is rumored that if you have a high "Trainer Score" on your Trainer Card, then chaining will be easier. Hopefully this provides true. =D

Just to announce my most recent shiny, it was a shiny Bidoof from a chain that I ran through on Tuesday. I got 3 shiny Bidoof out of the chain.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    Has anyone ever gone for a shiny starter on R/S/E?
    If so how long did it take you to get it?

I've been trying for quite a bit and I think I have no luck at all...:disappoin

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Not entirely sure what the big deal with shinies are. Personally, I don't like most of the Pokemons alternate colors. And it just seems too much of a hassle and time consuming (that could be better spent breeding and EV training). If it happens, cool. If it doesn't, who cares?

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    The shinies I own are Mightyena (x2),Banette,Pelipper,Poochyena,Crobat,Ninetales and Rapidash. :D I personaly love shinies. :P

Nidoking54

title was too long='(
    Years
    I found a Shiny blue Ponyta!I was so happy,...but
    when it evolved it turned grey which didn't really look
    that kool!!='(
    Then when I was playing LeafGreen, while watching t.v
    a shiny greenish Fearow came appeared!!and I was happy again!!
    But so far now luck with the PokeRadar!!I'm not really good at
    chaining!!

elwesto

Simply the West
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Well i have found a shiny dugtrio but didnt catch it, but i have managed to catch a shiny shinx (the yellow looks so much better) and a shiny zubat.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I've just this second encountered a shiny Graveler! 8D The only problem is... I've teamed up with Riley, so I can't catch the darned thing! D:<

I had a shiny steelix show up with the same scenario. I knocked out his lucario.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    That must be really annoying when those partners KO a Shiny. I have only seen 2 shinies in the wild, and in Pokemon Leaf Green. Victory Road training for the Elite-4 and I looked away when starting a battle. Looked back and saw a yellowy Onix, and then killed it accidently.

To my absolute suprise about 10 battles later, I was in the same scenario. I then ran out of balls. X__X

I still own a few though, a Level 100 Shiny Hypno won after winning a battle, and then I have a Miltank (my favourite Pokemon) which I got free off a thread here. Oh, and a Shiny Larvitar with it's German name which I got off these forums and willing to trade it. *hintpmmefordetailshint* :).

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    I've got these Shiny pokemons:

Rayquaza(Emerald)
    Groudon(Emerald)
    Mewtwo(Firered)
    Dialga(Diamond)
    Palkia(Platnium)
    Giratina(Platnium)
    Azelf(Platnium)
    Uxie(Platnium)(got a minute ago)
    Beldum(Diamond)(4 out of the 7 were caught)
    (Yeah I have too much free time and stay up late)
    Those are the shiny pokemon I've caught (Yes they're all SRed legendaries because I don't chain and have not randomly found any random encounter shiny pokemons).

EDIT:I decided to start chaining when the Beldum swarm was under way to see if I could see some shinies and, to my luck, I found 7 shinies out of the chain of 40 (I only caught 4 because they struggled to death :() I put three on GTS (now gone) and kept one for myself.(they went fast :))

Last edited:

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    the first shiny i ever caught was back in the gold version i caught a golden hoothoot i was like wow now i have a:
    blue nidorino
    brown machop
    light green oddish
    yellow floatzel
    silver slugma
    blue ditto
    black rayquaza

i have yet to run into a shiny in platinum though but i will soon i can feel it

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    i HAD a shiny aron, was awesome lookin to...till my brother deleted the game >< I WAS SO DAM MAD ><

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Had a shiny Pikachu in crystal (got erased with the file), Had a shiny Illumise in the third Gen games (caught west of Mauville, traded it to my friend for some reason), Caught a shiny execute in Firered Safari Zone(spelling?)(now an exeggutor in my Pearl) and a shiny Camerupt I got from the same friend as before.

Never could get the hang of chaining.

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
    Years
    Rumor: Shiny Pokemon are more common in Platinum

There is a roumor that shiny pokemon are more common in platinum. i think its true because i caught a shiny wingul the other day, and i just got the game the week before! tell me ur opinion on this.

Back